Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External pedals with POD HD500

pratikb

But only one chain, so you would have to use the pedals own switches to turn them on and off individually - the HD can only control the on or off of the whole chain.

Of course you also have the option (especially with Wah and Distortion) of placing them before the HD500 

Yes you can use external pedal, you have to add a FX block to your signal chain, but you can only control the chain with one foot switch because you will be running it through the FX loop of the POD so the signal chain is on or off, as Gear Head said you would have to turn on and off each pedal in the chain of external pedals you use, you can only turn on and off the FX block/signal chain.

Considering that a Distortion and Wha pedal typically gets placed near, or at the beginning of a signal

chain, maybe you might want to place these at the POD's input, so your not using up an extra FX slot 

and DSP with the FX Loop, and reserve that position for more pedals typically suited for post amp FX

later. But yes, you can do what you asked, you just need to assign the FX Loop to 1 of the 8 FX slots.

Thank you all for the reply.

There are a few question's i have in mind

As we can use as may pedals as possible, however, in order to save on the DSP and the FX loop slot, as advised previoulsy use the Cry baby and HT dist in the Pod's Input - my signal chan would look like:

1. Guitar>>Wah>>HT Dist>>Pod HD500(Comp>EQ>Pod's Amp >Delay> Reverb)> PA.

How will this affect the Tone?

Or

If i have add MXR 10 band EQ placed after the Pod's mixer, then my signal chain will be:

2. Guitar>>Wah>> Dist>>Pod HD500(Comp>>EQ>>Pod's Amp> >MXR 10 band EQ (Fx loop)>>>>Delay>> Reverb)> >PA.

How will this affect the Tone?

Or

If i want to have 3 Fx Loops for Wah, HT Dist and MXR 10 band EQ my signal chain would look like

3. Guitar>>Pod HD500(Comp>>Wah(FX loop)>> Dist(FX loop)>>EQ>>Pod's Amp> >MXR 10 band EQ (Fx loop)>>Delay>> Reverb)> > PA

So in order to achieve the 3rd option how should i connect it to the POD FX Loop

Please help!!!!

Thanks once again

Pratik

Unless I'm not seeing something, I don't think option 3 is possible. There is only one physical fx loop and once one of the fx blocks is assigned to the fx loop, that's it, it can only be done once.

Unless I'm not seeing something, I don't think option 3 is possible. There is only one physical fx loop and once one of the fx blocks is assigned to the fx loop, that's it, it can only be done once.

so let me ask in another way.

What is the Maximum number of Fx loops we can have in one patch?

... Or If i want to have 3 Fx Loops for Wah, HT Dist and MXR 10 band EQ my signal chain would look like 3. Guitar>>Pod HD500(Comp>>Wah(FX loop)>> Dist(FX loop)>>EQ>>Pod's Amp> >MXR 10 band EQ (Fx loop)>>Delay>> Reverb)> > PA So in order to achieve the 3rd option how should i connect it to the POD FX Loop Please help!!!! Thanks once again Pratik

having only one fx loop, the implementation of the abv wld b as foll:

1. set input1=guitar, input2=aux

2. set mixer 100%L + 100%R

3.connect as foll:

Guitar>>Pod HD500 guitar in-->>Comp-->>

-->FX loop send --->>external Wah--->external Dist-->>FX loop return LEFT-->>EQ-->>Pod's Amp-->

-->Pod HD500 unbalanced out LEFT--->>external MXR 10 band EQ--

-->>Pod HD500 aux in>>Delay-->> Reverb-->>Pod HD500 unbalanced out RIGHT-->>PA

4. Set the 'FX LOOP LEVEL switch'=stomp

5. set the '1/4" out switch' (on top of your POD HD500)=amp

6. use demo patch attached

7. have fun :)

pratikb demo.zip

• Upvote 3

That's an ingenious use of what's available on the pod. From what I see, it makes use of the dual parallel paths and effectively serializes them, made possible by the pod having multiple inputs.

Good way of showing just how flexible the pod really is.

• Upvote 1

You could use either MIDI controlled pedals, or a Source Audio Neuro hub, and connect all pedals/Source hub via MIDI CC attached to different footswitches.  Then have all the pedals bypassed/engaged via MIDI commands.  You could put one in front of the Pod, one in the loop, and a third after the outputs.  All separate, with fx blocks in between them, and separately controlled.  

• Upvote 1