Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

About to sell amplifi 75 due to connection probs

dazza1974

I've been using it for a few months with iPhone 5 and an iPad 2. When it works it great but I spend so much time messing around getting a connection it defeats the purpose of what I bought it for I.e quick dial in plug in and play jammin with backing tracks. I presume some here like it and don't have problems with connections. I understand interference and firmware cause problems but I've upgraded and the phone sits next to it.

I'm guessing this is a fairly common thing.  I figure it's got to be a bug with the app right?

I purchased an Amplifi 75 less than a week ago.  When it's working it is great.  But it's not as often as I like.  I'm using an ipad 4 to connect to it.  Streaming music is fine, always works, but the app often pops up the dialog that it has lost connection.  The music is still going but I no longer have control of the amp any longer.  I'm using the latest firmware and the latest version of the app.

It's such an impressive concept, but the dropped bluetooth connection is just flat out annoying, every night, after about 15 or 20 minutes it drops,  I can get it to reconnect again by double tapping the home button and swiping the app up (to close it) and reopening the app, connects right away, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Last night, it was not tone matching either.  I'm hoping it was maybe a problem from last night, and not a common occurance.  I'll find out tonight when I play with it again.  This amp is loads of fun when it works as intended, but I'm just not having fun when I have to reconnect the amp several times basically after every 2 or 3 songs.

Constant connection problems are likely a sign you have something causing interference.  Any wireless signal, as well as other devices running at 2.4ghz (microwaves, some fluorescent lights, cordless phones, etc), can cause interference.

I was having the same problem about 6 weeks ago and discovered it was the wireless connection on my TV that was causing the problem.  I turned off the wireless on the TV and the connection problems were gone.

Constant connection problems are likely a sign you have something causing interference.  Any wireless signal, as well as other devices running at 2.4ghz (microwaves, some fluorescent lights, cordless phones, etc), can cause interference.

I was having the same problem about 6 weeks ago and discovered it was the wireless connection on my TV that was causing the problem.  I turned off the wireless on the TV and the connection problems were gone.

Wouldn't interference interrupt the regular bluetooth signal for music streaming.  Like I said, it's dropping the amp connection, but the ipad is still connected to the amplifier using it as a speaker with no issues at all.

The only wireless things I have running in the house is a wireless network for internet.  If you're saying I have to shut that off, then the ipad wouldn't work for amplifi anyway, as that's how it gets internet.

Well, as I said, I was having the same problem where streaming music worked fine, but the amp would constantly lose it's data connection.  Just like you, closing the app and re-opening it would always get it to reconnect.  I assume that the music streaming and data connection use different protocols, which may be why one is affected when the other is not.

It was getting pretty frustrating since I've owned my 75 for a while and the connection problems only surfaced recently.  And like I said, I found out it was the wireless connection from my new tv that was causing it (the tv and amp are about 6-8 feet away from each other).  Turning off the wireless on the tv solved the connection problems and I haven't had any since.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a viable solution to turn off your wireless router.  But it might be worth it to move your amp further away from it to see if it helps. 

Well support forums tend to be full of people having problems, its the nature of the beast.  I initially only ran my amplify as a monitor for my HD500X and blutoothed backing tracks and it worked flawlessly.  I now am actually using the unit as intended and haven't run in to the problems described here.  That is not to say that I might in the future, but the wifi or blutooth interference is a valid point.  There are so many blutooth enabled devices out there, my tablet has 7 different devices as options for pairing alone including Amplifi.  If all of these were in the same room and scanning I could see where a controller could lose connection.

Thanks for feedback. I'm still having intermittent problems but tolerable. I've bought the hd500x and thought I had no use for the amplify but that's interesting you can monitor on it. How do you connect from hd500x to amplifi?

Same problem the bluetooth connection is not the problem for me either it is the app continually says connection lost but when I look at the bluetooth connections is still sits there as connected some times shutting down the app completely by double clicking  the ipad button and swiping it away then restart the app and it reconnects but other times I have had to shut down everything and start again even to the point of restarting the iPad.  I own both a 75 and 150 just cannot trust them in a live situation.  Don't get me wrong I think the amps are grate sounding and the modeling out of this world. just flat fun until this occurs.  It is my firm belief that the app is the issue and not bluetooth or amp itself

Same thing here, the app says No Device and on my iPad, bluetooth settings still say connected. I must close the app and reopen it to re-establish the connection.

Same problem the bluetooth connection is not the problem for me either it is the app continually says connection lost but when I look at the bluetooth connections is still sits there as connected some times shutting down the app completely by double clicking  the ipad button and swiping it away then restart the app and it reconnects but other times I have had to shut down everything and start again even to the point of restarting the iPad.  I own

both a 75 and 150 just cannot trust them in a live situation.  Don't get me wrong I think the amps are grate sounding and the modeling out of this world. just flat fun until this occurs.  It is my firm belief that the app is the issue and not bluetooth or amp itself