Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get this delay sound

ricky1918

Hi everyone. I heard some sounds of the new korg SDD3000, and the kosmic mode in particular amazed me. I really love that sound. I currently have a POD HD500X, and I was wondering if someone of you can help me getting a similar tone from maybe a combination of various stompboxes, or even a general idea of how to make the POD sound similar. 

This is the tone I'm looking for:

https://soundcloud.com/korg/kosmic-dream

It has some kind of sinusoidal waveform.. 

any ideas? 

thanks a lot guys, 

Riccardo

Sounds like your best bet would be starting with the Octo reverb, with a lowish tone setting. Perhaps put some other reverb in there as well, possibly cave.

Effects like these are really hard to duplicate exactly. You just have to experiment with the settings to get close.

• Upvote 1

One of the reasons they are hard to do exactly, is because of using bpm vs ms. 

But yes, octo reverb is a good start.

I am not on my pc/pod right now, but I have a couple of these. Not exact, but close enough for you to get an idea. 

You can do some neat stuff with it too. Like add a panner, so that it goes right to left as it gets higher and higher. Or turn off the dry sound so that you only hear the harp-like glissandos. 

Thanks guys, I hope to find the time to give it a try tomorrow evening. I'm pretty sure I won't get the same depth from a mono speaker (I'm running the pod through a Peavey Classic 30) though, surely a stereo setup would help. 

Thanks guys for the starting point :) also, thank joel for the tip, definitely going to give it a try on drums as soon as possible.

Thanks guys, I hope to find the time to give it a try tomorrow evening. I'm pretty sure I won't get the same depth from a mono speaker (I'm running the pod through a Peavey Classic 30) though, surely a stereo setup would help. 

HEADPHONES 

While, headphones aren't widely suggested for sound creation, they are an option when you want to hear stereo. 

In fact, they are often the best way to hear stereo, because room speakers allow sound to travel into both ears, while headphones keep left and right separate. 

Hey guys, I had some time today to give Octo reverb a try, and I had some really positive results :) thanks to everyone. 

@joel, I tried the compressor after the reverb, definitely gonna use it (with my standard reverbs too) and with the drum machine in my band... very nice, thanks a lot!! 

thanks again. 

Riccardo

• 2 weeks later...