Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider iii - information from serial number

I have a used Spider iii amp head and would like to determine information about the amp.  Is there any information that I can determine from the serial number alone.  (not sure the model I have actually)

Background:  Bought used from a pawn shop.  Shortly after purchase I had loaned this amp to the lead guitarist in need of a local band.  The band took a break and I began to ask for my equipment back.  After a bit of a search I did find my amp head but in the ownership of another individual whom had bought it from a pawn shop.  It is being repaired currently and I have the reports going forward to reclaim my property as I am able to.

I do not have immediate access to this amp head until the police details are taken care of but the main board has been blown.  Would like to size up the cost of purchasing this board and repairing myself after the dust clears.

Line-6 Spider iii

Serial:  A861P563

Would be most pleased to know if this is a 75w or 150w - and if determinable the part number of the main board that will need to be replaced.

Ron in Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering this question myself, if it is too expensive i'll just convert mine to a 1x12 cab. See a lot of line 6 amps failing, see them on clearance at pawn shops a lot as is. I don't see this type of failure rate in other amp manufactures. i think if a board is faulty they should replace it at no charge no matter the warranty status. I owned a used fender and those warranties are 5 years and are transferable. I don't mean to offend line 6 they seem like a good company but failure of these spider amps seems pretty common. I know it is off subject but microsoft covered xbox red ring of death 3 years after the warranty. Just saying if you have a common place problem like this it might be best to have people send them in or at least send them a free replacement board they can install or pay some one to.