Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to use Firehawk into a tube amp?

jonhollis

hi - just got my fire hawk. got the left(mono) straight into the input of my badcat amp.

whats the best level setup to use for this config? if i switch the back of the device to amp it seems very low volume. 

i guess I'm looking for the most transparent way of sitting the fire hawk in my signal chain . as though I'm plugged straight into the amp

When your output is switched to "amp" it reduces the volume a bit as it's designed to go into the front of a guitar amp (so the signal from the Firehawk is going through the preamp and poweramp sections of your amplifier) when the output is set to line the volume is slightly higher as it's designed to go into a pa desk, frfr monitor or a poweramp

If you already know all that then soz that's about as much as I know about it for now

Unless you are needing to stream via bluetooth to your Firehawk, you can keep the red setting on the large know at around 10 o'clock, and the white around 2 o'clock, then the pink adjust to levels of your patches to make them all the same.  What I found is that if you are going into the effects loop of your amp- be at 100% wet (all firehawk), and all the better if you have a volume control on the effects level  of your amp, this allows you to adjust on stage volume, without affecting the mix going into the PA system from the Firehawk (if running live)

• Upvote 1

I just have my tube amp on the clean channel with the eq all straight up. Use the channel volume for overall volume(living room or jam session) and the Firehawk to tweak levels further and use the onboard EQ. I haven't tried it in the effects loop because I'm getting good results this way.