Sign in to follow this  
jonhollis

Pitch control - can't get it to work

hi all. I'm trying to get the Bender effect to be controlled by the foot pedal on the fire hawk. So I've set the heel and toe pitches and now expect to rock between the two pitches on the pedal - nothing happens. any ideas?

you have to toggle the assign to pedal on/off button beside the slider - to "on"

Looking at it now - can't see that slider. I'm in Synth - Bender. and can't see a button that assigns it to the foot pedal (not a switch - the pedal)

In the app, You have to tap on the assign button, then on a slider you want to control, I know it was a bit weird when I assigned the slider to the pitch, but you just have to play around with tapping in different areas on the bender edit screen.  I am not at my tablet right now, so I am trying to picture it in my mind.

hey - maybe I'm being dumb here. so I'm in synth bender. there is no assign button - as far as  i can see......

What you have to do is tap and HOLD on the purple slider you want to control, a box will pop up asking you if you want to assign it to tweak. Say yes, then enable the on off and slide to adjust your range. If you are trying to get the drop for lonely boy by the black keys, I made a patch with that drop in it already, just search for tones with my user id: bond19. I have not uploaded many, but that is one of them.

Hey thanks very much for your help. That's great. Downloaded your patch too. Good stuff. Thanks again

Hey thanks very much for your help. That's great. Downloaded your patch too. Good stuff. Thanks again

Glad to help - rock on!

I've been tapping and tapping on the purple sliders and holding and holding...  and NOTHING comes up.  No dialog whatsoever.  :-(

Try re calibrating your screen just in case the touch sensitivity is off or something, all you have to do is hold your finger on the slider you want to control for 1 or 2 seconds and a little box should pop up as mentioned

I just double checked it on mine and yeah it works, doesn't matter if the bender is turned on or off either, what are you running the app on?

I'm using an android phone

On closer inspection you have to hold on the darker purple portion of the slider, if you hold on the lighter part the app assumes you just want to move the slider up or down

Old post but thanks for all the info - I was struggling too until I came across this! 

Thanks all!