Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Link Noise

Hey guys

I have recently started experiencing a lot of noise from the POD HD500 when connecting into my DT25 via Line 6 link. Never experienced this before. It sounds like an earthing issue. The POD then adds all sorts of hiss and crap to the DT. DT by itself sounds as good as ever.

Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Hey guys

I have recently started experiencing a lot of noise from the POD HD500 when connecting into my DT25 via Line 6 link. Never experienced this before. It sounds like an earthing issue. The POD then adds all sorts of hiss and crap to the DT. DT by itself sounds as good as ever.

Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

I would contact Line 6 through a support ticket or phone. It shouldn't be doing that. Make sure your cable is good.

Hi

Thanks for the replies

Yes I have a DMX cable. Cable is good from other testing. I also tried a Planet Waves XLR - same thing.

Oh well....

Just in case....are you using a high gain patch and with a noise gate? Just checking 'cause if you don't that might give some noise no matter what in some cases.

Hi

Not high gain at all. I'm mainly playing blues and classic rock tunes at the moment, with the amp going from a cleanish just starting to break up to overdrive achieved by running the power amp section up full. 

Hmmmmm, Maybe something's going on with the DT or L6 cable.

I own a VOX AC15 as well - I have been using that live while trying to figure this out. Hopefully I'll have a couple of days this week and will go through everything from guitars, power sources, leads and the amp to try and nut it out.

The rig has been great for almost 4 years now, so hopefully I can get sort it out.

Thanks for your help