Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Create external speaker connections

Musicmannetje

Being a techie and a guitar nerd, I have finally reached the point where I unscrewed the metal backplate of my Amplifi 75. Encouraged by the test I did with a Kemper profiling amp, I want to connect two external speakers (a split 4x12 cabinet) to the amplifi unit.

I see some things I cannot explain:

1) The specification speak about 5 speakers ('subwoofer', 2x mid driver, 2x high driver) where the 75 only has 3.

2) The bass speaker (subwoofer?) is only 15W. 

3) The unit has 3 amps, one for the 15W bass and two for the drivers at either side. 

What I could do is put speaker jack connectors inbetween the two driver cables, but will they provide enough power to drive 8Ohm speakers (2x16 parallel)? The specs say that it's a 75W amp, and I don't hope Line6 makes that common mistake that 75W=15W+30W+30W, leaving the driver output at 30W. 

Good for you for trying . In this day and age no output just makes line 6 look bad. My 150 is a dust collector I might hook it up to my TV. My fault for buying it might make a good studio monitor. I have all the line 6 gear but after this dsession I think I will start to spend my money on another brand. So you know 6 line you have lost a loyal costumer

• 1 month later...