Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows 10 and pod hd500x

laxtlo

Hi,

I just test it and Win 10 and line6 monkey,POD HD500X EDIT and Licence manager seems to work very nicely.

-Laxtlo

Cool, I'm on the ready for the update too. Thanks!

Here's a link to the FAQ's on Win 10 free upgrade >> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_LearnMore_win10faq

Edited by Brazzy

I'm not.  Windows 7 is just fine.  I don't like 8. 

That's how I was until I had made the jump. I don't know about 10 yet but 8 can be run like Win 7. The layer you don't want isn't very hard to understand.

Some people depending on what they are doing in college are required to get and use the new "Surface". So much of the next generation will have Win 10 and so on.....I suppose.

If you have a touch screen then you want Windows 8. I have a laptop and I have no reason to want a touch screen or windows 8. I have two Windows 7 machines that I use at work so I want the same look and feel at home.

Oooops. sorry if you misread my post. I didn't mean to impose that you need anything. Everyone has their reasons. Peace :)

No issues! I sit in front of a PC all day at work and I am very used to working with Windows7. I'm a keyboard and mouse guy - no touching. Fingerprints on screens drives me nuts. :-)

Cool, I'm a key and mouse guy too. Still use a desktop with Win 7. Have a laptop with Win 8.1 but it's not touch screen. I can't see the touch screen being good for me since I'll just get the screen all crummy and I'll just be cleaning it more. I can see it now, those mechanics getting all greased up with dirt mixed in and using a laptop touchscreen, lol, and I can just imagine the messy mad scientist getting their caustic hands all over the screen and then the delayed effects from residual chemicals. LOL

Edited by Brazzy

I'm with Watts on this one. 

No fingerprints! 

Plus, isn't the home setup usually larger than a cubicle. Do we really want to have to lean forward, extend our arm, and stretch to touch the screen. 

Laptop, Tablet, phone. 

What do they all have in common? Proximity. They are right there in your face. 

The home pc, I know guys that interface their home tv - their big screen that is hanging on the wall across the room. 

NO TOUCHING

• Upvote 1

The touch stuff in 8.1 with a laptop is AWESOME for using a computer with live music. I'm pretty excited about 10, hoping for a little smoothing between app transitions and the new start menu looks pretty sweet. I only really notice the fingerprints when I power off the monitor, takes two seconds to wipe down, and not having to try and click/scroll with a mouse using a DAW live is so much easier, and it looks a lot cooler from the front, haha.

The touch stuff in 8.1 with a laptop is AWESOME for using a computer with live music. I'm pretty excited about 10, hoping for a little smoothing between app transitions and the new start menu looks pretty sweet. I only really notice the fingerprints when I power off the monitor, takes two seconds to wipe down, and not having to try and click/scroll with a mouse using a DAW live is so much easier, and it looks a lot cooler from the front, haha.

I can see it being an advantage when doing live music. Not having to reach for a mouse, etc. can be easier. When I use my iPad with the Mobile In it's nice to just use "the finger" to adjust settings or change models.

good news cheers for the info OP, i to am takng the windows 10 upgrade path, i bought windows 8 when microsoft was doing the £20 upgrade offer and upgraded 3 of my PC's from windows 7 then they got the free upgrade to windows 8.1 and now will get the free upgrade to windows 10 nice for the price, my fourth PC i bought windows 8.1 pro OEM on the new computer build so i will upgrade that to windows 10 pro for free as well, i was one of the few who quite liked windows 8 when it was first released and now so used to windows 8.1 i dont like windows 7 anymore .. kinda feels\looks dated  not sure how to explain it but i deffo like windows 8.1 a lot more than windows 7.. looking forward to windows 10 even more so for free.

correct me if I am wrong but I believe Windows 10 is able to be run like Windows 7 but with much improved engine and better integration with the apps.  Supposed to be optimized for audio and video to be more competitive with Apple/Mac...  I skipped 8 but will go with 10 on at least one machine to test...

correct me if I am wrong but I believe Windows 10 is able to be run like Windows 7 but with much improved engine and better integration with the apps. Supposed to be optimized for audio and video to be more competitive with Apple/Mac... I skipped 8 but will go with 10 on at least one machine to test...

I think/hope your right Win 10 is available for Win 7 also. I may do this with my Win 7 'puter.

its free to windows 7/8/8.1 users but the offer ends after 1 year of release date, those who decide not to take the free upgrade with in the first year of release would then have to pay for windows 10

windows 8.1 is a brill OS windows 10 improves on the idea of windows vista based tech... i think or something along those lines ..

I'm saying those of us that like Win 7 will like Win 10 as it can be set up to function like Win 7. It is not limited to the Win 8 format.

I use Win 8.1 in Win 7 mode all the time. Should be able to do the same with Win 10.

• Upvote 2

gunpointmetal i dont think the start menu for windows 10 is really anything like start menu in windows 7, the only difference i have seen is when you clilck the start menu you get a box pop up with start menu screen in windows 8 format although not switched to a full screen for start menu, but i could be wrong as i am not beta testing, i have seen screen shots though.

windows 10 specs for those who dont know are listed here on microsofts website i want windows 10 for the better security features more than anything else, one of the more key issues that worried me with windows 8/8.1 thats been resolved in windows 10 is to do with the UEFI Bios security features.

UEFI Secure Boot with 3rd party UEFI CA removed from the UEFI database

UEFI BIOS configured to prevent unauthorised user from disabling Device Guard hardware security features

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-specifications

• Upvote 1

isn't "windows 7 mode" just an advanced start menu and booting passed the Metro screen straight to desktop? I never really understood why everyone hated the metro screen so much when its easy enough to get everything running from the desktop as normal.

When I said Win 7 Mode I don't boot to it I just go to it after the computer boots normally with the metro screen. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

I'll wait until it's been out for a few months before I make a decision.  Good to know that the Line 6 stuff appears to work on it though.  Thanks for posting.

I skipped the whole Win 8 thing after experiencing it while visiting my Grandmother; huge step backwards in my opinion.  The company I work for, with approx. 9,000 employees, refuses to use Win 8.  I'm not sure if they'll take the upgrade or not.

Since my first experience with Win 8, I've told people that if Microsoft doesn't come out with something better, by the time I need a new computer, I'll switch to Mac (which would be my first Apple purchase ever).

Windows 8 just came too early out cause nobody had touch screen....and still most of the user dont have Win tablet at work and who wants to buy windows tablet ? F*****G nobody cause people want android or ios but it just take some time that microsoft will get users for tablets...only very very big minus at the moment is the price and price is too HIGH ! I would love to buy Surface Pro 3 with keyboard and all that lollipop with adapters etc but no way in those prices. 

What I have seen so far with Windows 10 previews is that is seems to run everything faster than Windows 8 and it seems less bloated. I am still not sure why any IT manager would want all those damn social media aps and games on a business machine but I guess they can be configured away.

What I have also seen is products that I test not working so well with Windows 10 when the same things work fine in Windows 8. Either Win 10 still needs a lot of work or some software companies are going to have to have new Windows 10 drivers and software versions.

-Max

Windows 8 just came too early out cause nobody had touch screen....and still most of the user dont have Win tablet at work and who wants to buy windows tablet ? F*****G nobody cause people want android or ios but it just take some time that microsoft will get users for tablets...only very very big minus at the moment is the price and price is too HIGH ! I would love to buy Surface Pro 3 with keyboard and all that lollipop with adapters etc but no way in those prices. 

yeah, I can see that. MS also shot themselves in the crotch with the Windows 8 RT versions of the Surface by not making people aware that it was a mobile OS, not a full Windows machine. I think a lot of times people forget that you get specs comparable to a Macbook Air in your tablet when you get a Surface Pro. I hear a lot of people talking about it like they're paying $1200 for an iPad, when actually a Surface Pro literally craps in an iPad's eye as far as functionality goes. The Surface Pro is a fully functional PC in tablet form. 

I like the Metro screen, even on my non-touch computers.

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue with it? As far my personal experience goes, 8.1 is the best one since XP as far as system stability and ease-of-use.

For one, it doesn't make any sense to me for folks that don't have a touch screen.  It would be kind of like having a Galaxy S5 without the touch screen where you'd have to use actual buttons to navigate the screens.  Also, it doesn't seem to do anything that Win 7 can't do.

I've been using Microsoft operating systems since the early DOS days and I was even a beta tester for Win NT.  IMHO, they got it right with Win 98 SE, Win XP and Windows 7; the others were mediocre or outright failures.

• Upvote 1

I got Win 8 on a small laptop with touch screen to use to run VSTi at rehearsal and the first first version was horrible; it is ok after 8.1 update with customisation to not show the metro start screen, but the original version was a UI and working nightmare.

To give you an idea of what was wrong with it - every little thing tried to be an "App" which mean that it went full screen and lost all windows controls, so you couldn't have two things open and visible at the same time. Even the calculator had to be full screen which meant huge buttons and a display that can be seen 10 yards away but you couldn't see the list of numbers you were trying to add up because they were in the other Application that was hidden behind the kindergarten calculator. And how did you close one of these apps? I eventually discovered that you cycled through all open apps by swiping from the left of screen and when you finally got back to the one you wanted to close when half way across you had to drag it down and off the screen.

Never mind the "windows update" process where it would take half an hour or more during shutdown [windows update in progress, please do not switch off this computer] to progress from 28% to 29%!

I quite like it now, but if I hadn't really needed a laptop at that time it would have gone back as "unfit for purpose" or "not as described" (UK trading regulations)

The single biggest thing that makes me want to upgrade to Win 10 is proper UI scaling. If you have a monitor with high DPI, which are becoming more and more prevalent, Win 7 really sucks at this. I've heard at least Win 8.1 does this right, but all the other negative things I keep hearing about 8.x just makes me keep saying eh, maybe tomorrow.

It's certainly good to know that the Line 6 stuff works on 10.

Well it make no difference what people think about windows 8/8.1 because thats the way the Windows OS is going

im glad i jumped on the windows 8 upgrade path.

It will make moving to windows 10 much easier than those who refuse to use windows 8 or 8.1 because they dont want to learn a new UI.

The way i see it is they are just getting left behind in the OS tech. either way when these people decide to upgrade to windows 10, get the pop corn out because there will be a lot of moaning from window 7 upgraders i can see it already lol

i say this because windows 10 looks the same as windows 8-8.1 not that much different to use either.

once you get used to the UI you will see what i mean when i say windows 7 looks feels dated. (well thats probs more to do with the fact windows 7 is old and dated)

my daughter was  around 6 years old when windows 8 was released she soon learned her way around windows 8 in no time

just saying.