Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm, UX2, and Windows 10

I recently Upgraded to Windows 10. I have basically the same Problem that you have.

First of all I couldnt even start pod farm 2, it always crashed at startup.

Now after switching to 48000/16 I can atleast start it somehow. POD Farm itself picks everything up properly but all other programs are not detecting my MIC for example.

• Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit - Official Release. Driver Version 4.2.7.1

I'm happy to report that Input is now working in the Control Panel Sound applet and with basic Windows apps. e.g. Skype., Audacity, etc.

Output is still only available at 16bit 48000Hz.

• Upvote 1

To get basic sound output on the UX2 in Windows 10 do this:

QcTuT7T.png

You can usually have 'allow exclusive mode' on, turn it off you experience any issues with certain apps.

This doesn't help my UX1. Also does anyone else get zero sound outputting from the toneport however the "test speaker" option produces a sound almost like aliens are trying to contact?  :P

To get basic sound output on the UX2 in Windows 10 do this:

QcTuT7T.png

You can usually have 'allow exclusive mode' on, turn it off you experience any issues with certain apps.

Thanks a lot! It`s work for my UX2, now i hear smth=)))

This doesn't help my UX1. Also does anyone else get zero sound outputting from the toneport however the "test speaker" option produces a sound almost like aliens are trying to contact?  :P

it works for me but there's some "cracks" on sound (with vlc or youtube) ,we've to wait another fix...

Try this if you're having trouble getting a mic working with the UX2:

Check the Line 6 Control Panel applet has input set to Mic 1 or whatever input you want to use.

In the Windows Control Panel Sound applet, under Recording, have the UX2 set to default device and default communication device.

Have the default recording format set to 16bit 48000Hz.

These are my settings and it's working with Skype, etc.

I can see the level meter moving on the Recording properties page.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

Windows 10 user here.

1. Thanks for the solution of changing to 16bit 48kHz. Output now works as expected.

2. Recording actually works fine also for me. I have a Toneport UX2 and using Reaper as recording software. Line6 Gearbox worked fine to installed, so I set Mic1 as input and everything seems to be OK. 

3. For those who are new to Line 6 prouducts. I have had driver problems every since I switched from XP to Vista. For Vista I waited maaaany months before I had a working driver for my Toneport UX 2.

BR

Christoffer

• Upvote 1

Try this if you're having trouble getting a mic working with the UX2:

Check the Line 6 Control Panel applet has input set to Mic 1 or whatever input you want to use.

In the Windows Control Panel Sound applet, under Recording, have the UX2 set to default device and default communication device.

Have the default recording format set to 16bit 48000Hz.

These are my settings and it's working with Skype, etc.

I can see the level meter moving on the Recording properties page.

Hi, my headphones are working fine, but my microphones are not.. i have a POD GX , in windows 8.1 the microphone was working fine in both skype/pod farm 2.. but i tried everything and the bar wont move at all and no program can actually work with it..

Hey guys!

This worked for me: I have a internal audio chipset, some Realtek thingy. This ones sample rate was set to 48000Hz,24 Bit. I just set my UX2 to the same sample rate, 48000Hz, 16 bit, and this worked.

For all, who dont know how to achieve such: Right Click on the small speaker symbol in the Task bar at the right. Then choose "Playback Devices". Then choose your Line 6 UX 2 device, right-click and select properties. In on of the tabs (the last i think it was), just select the sample rate needed.

Repeat the same process, but for your recording device! Hope this helps!

Greetings

Phil

My Toneport DI-Silver will not work with Windows 10. The driver has not been updated in almost 2 years. It did work up to a certain build. I can't recall when it stopped working. So I reverted back to 8.1 on my desktop computer. All is working. Still have W10 on my laptop. I hope Line 6 is working on this. W10 is much better than 8.1. Anyone with a Line 6 interface, DO NOT UPGRADE TO WIN 10 YET!  

I upgrade from W8.1 to W10 on 7/29. Initially I had a problem with POD farm failing to load, but I ran Line 6 Monkey (which itself needed an update); was told by Monkey that all the software for my UX2 was up-to-date; and when I relaunched POD farm everything ran as normal.

I too was having issues with Windows 10 not capturing sound from my UX1 microphone, after using the bitrate fix to fix the sound playback issue. Syotani's suggestion of setting the UX1 to Default Communication Device in addition to being the Default Device fixed the microphone issue and it is now working in Teamspeak, Skype, etc.

So I took the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 today. I figured I would try it, make sure things are working before I wipe and do a full, clean install. If not, I can revert it back to 8.1 till any issues are fixed. I run an Audio Technica 2035 through my Line 6 UX2, and ofcourse as most of you know, the UX2 isn't supported 100%. Which I was aware of. But I thought I would try anyways. I have done all that has been suggested herem 48000 bit rate, default device etc. In pod farm and Gearbox all of the input sounds are detected, but not in windows itself for VOIP etc. I saw that some here did infact get it to work by switching USB ports, but I tried that and it didnt seem to have any effect :( - Any more insight to this or if/when Line 6 will indeed release an up to date driver? 

Thanks, syotani!

Running 64-bit Win10 RTM build here.  Syotani's 16/48kHz workaround + the PODFarm/Win8 Compatibility worjarounds do *work*, I guess.  Crackling now abounds on both recording and playback - this isn't going to work for me until we get new drivers.

Thanks, syotani!

Running 64-bit Win10 RTM build here.  Syotani's 16/48kHz workaround + the PODFarm/Win8 Compatibility worjarounds do *work*, I guess.  Crackling now abounds on both recording and playback - this isn't going to work for me until we get new drivers.

I haven't had crackling with the UX2. But I have solved crackling on other systems with different sound chips by going to the Control Panel Advanced Power settings and changing the 'Minimum processor state' to 100%. Not an ideal solution but OK for a temporary workaround.

USB can also be a source of crackling, so you could try changing any USB configuration settings on your machine.

I've made a fresh Windows 10 installation, Drivers work with Programms using ASIO Drivers, not working with Media Player or other Windows Applications. For Pod Farm works with Windows 7 compatibility Mode. Hope new Drivers will come son

Thanks again, syotani!  Yep - already running at 100% min here.  I was in the same boat when Windows 8 first came out - L6 was reaaaallly slow getting drivers out, and had to flip that setting.  Not working as well this time, even after flipping to different USB ports :(

Others: If you don't know about this setting, you might want to try this if your UX2 (or similar) starts sounding like Rice Krispies right after a Win10 upgrade:

Control Panel / Power Options / Change Plan Settings / Change Advanced Power Settings / Processor Power Management-MinimumProcessorState-PluggedIn = 100

Solved the problem.

1. install latest drivers UX2 drivers

2. right click on sound icon bottom right of screen

3. select playback devices

3. double click on ux2 icon

4. select advanced

5. change the sample rate and test for sound

16 bit, 48000 hz (DVD Quality) worked for me.

hope this helps :)

I just updated to Windows 10, I use Pod Farm 2 with a UX1 port, and Audacity to record my stuff with, so far the inputs on Pod Farm 2 work, like I can start up Pod Farm 2 and hear my microphone, hear my guitar, but I can't go to a Youtube channel and listen to music... Also whenever I start up Audacity while Pod Farm 2 is loaded, it will cause Audacity to stop functioning. Audacity will say: Couldn't find any audio devices. You will not be able to play or record audio. Error: internal portaudio error...

If I use Audacity without Pod Farm 2 loaded it will load and work fine, but I wont be able to use my equipment, just the laptop's internal mic works. If I load Pod Farm 2 with  Audacity already loaded up, Audacity crashes and produces the error message above.

I never had a problem with this before I upgraded to Windows 10 last night, I had recorded several songs in the past few days on this laptop with everything working great. So I know it's probably a driver issue.

Is there a solution for this currently? Or do I have to wait for an update? Not a big deal, I love this software, it is amazing. Just anxious to keep working...

www.youtube.com/griftingnightmares

I installed Windows 10 when it was released. I did a "clean" install: reformatted my SSD, installed windows 8.1 pro then win 10 pro. No joy with sound. Opened a ticket with support. They asked what the Line6 device I was using however it was part of the ticket. They told me Windows 10 was pre-release but asked what build. Odd that a hardware and software company DOES NOT KNOW THE RELEASE of a major operating system. I provided all of this detail 6 days ago. Now I feel like I am stuck with the choice of running a lesser OS (I really need 10) OR getting a new instrument interface. At this point I don't feel like there is any realistic expectation I will even hear back from Line 6. Rather angry at this point so I am leaning towards considering my line 6 hardware a bad idea and finding something better supported. 

• Upvote 1

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is Pod Farm 2/UX1 exclusively. Audacity functions normally just not in conjunction with Pod Farm 2. Please update this software soon. I don't want to go back to Windows 8, please don't screw me out of a free upgrade.