Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm, UX2, and Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 when it was released. I did a "clean" install: reformatted my SSD, installed windows 8.1 pro then win 10 pro. No joy with sound. Opened a ticket with support. They asked what the Line6 device I was using however it was part of the ticket. They told me Windows 10 was pre-release but asked what build. Odd that a hardware and software company DOES NOT KNOW THE RELEASE of a major operating system. I provided all of this detail 6 days ago. Now I feel like I am stuck with the choice of running a lesser OS (I really need 10) OR getting a new instrument interface. At this point I don't feel like there is any realistic expectation I will even hear back from Line 6. Rather angry at this point so I am leaning towards considering my line 6 hardware a bad idea and finding something better supported. 

Yep, I will have to ditch the UX1 and get a competitor's product--and tell others not to buy Line6 because they don't support their products.  Looks like they take their business for granted.  Tough economic times for everyone except them looks like.  This is how companies go belly up.  How hard can it be to design a dang driver?

• Upvote 3

I found a solution and it works for me. I have windows 10 and Podfarm works perfectly.

Here what I did : 

Right click on the PodFarm icon, then "Properties", then into the "Compatibility" tab, tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows 8". 

Then "Apply" and "Ok".

I don't know if it'll work for you, but for me it's fine, and even the sound (mic etc ...) works.

Good luck !

PS : Sorry for my bad english, I'm not english, I'm french ! ^^

I'll give them a few days. They may have suspected other sound issues that couldn't be resolved until Windows 10 was released, but It's still something they better solve soon. All it clearly needs is a driver update clearly. I can't listen to Youtube or anything with my UX1 port which I do all the time with Windows 8. Just to bust Line 6's balls a bit, even Minecraft is already compatible with Windows 10 and that game suuuucks.

Hello,

I use an UX1 on POD farm 1 with win 10.

At first i could not hear any sounds from windows, but the 48k/16 solved the issue (thanks). 

After that I could not register any sound from UX1. Audacity give me the error : Internal PortAudio error.

I finally installed Reaper, nothing.

But I finally be able to record a sound by switching sound drivers in Options > Preferences. Asio drivers works for me. 

My two cents :)

Installed new drivers, restarted, still not working. I'm running Line 6 monkey now to reinstall drivers, but it's failing to launch the installer.  I'm not seeing anywhere on the website where Pod Farm 2 is compatible with Windows 10 yet either... On the download page are Mac versions and below them, it's compatible with everything from Windows XP - 8, and not yet for 10. I'll keep checking every day, I hope it's updated soon, I have to work. 

.... I'll keep checking every day, I hope it's updated soon, I have to work. 

If I were depending on any software applications in order to allow me to 'work', I would make sure those applications are ready to support Windows 10 BEFORE updating my computer. If you really need to be using Pod Farm 2, and the website clearly indicates that it is not yet supporting Windows 10...... why in heaven's name did you update immediately to Windows 10??

I've even noticed complaints that drivers are not yet available for BETA OS releases. I am stunned to know that people would expect 3rd party software developers to develop drivers for beta software. Drivers will be available when the 3rd party developers have had time to ensure that they are reliable. In the meantime, if you have mission critical software that you know is not yet supported.... DON'T UPDATE YOUR OS! (That goes for any 3rd party software - not just Line 6).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I were depending on any software applications in order to allow me to 'work', I would make sure those applications are ready to support Windows 10 BEFORE updating my computer. If you really need to be using Pod Farm 2, and the website clearly indicates that it is not yet supporting Windows 10...... why in heaven's name did you update immediately to Windows 10??

I've even noticed complaints that drivers are not yet available for BETA OS releases. I am stunned to know that people would expect 3rd party software developers to develop drivers for beta software. Drivers will be available when the 3rd party developers have had time to ensure that they are reliable. In the meantime, if you have mission critical software that you know is not yet supported.... DON'T UPDATE YOUR OS! (That goes for any 3rd party software - not just Line 6).

That is true, and a very valid point. But I upgraded knowing that I could revert back to Windows 8 if I had any problems. So I will wait a few more days to revert back to Windows 8, I just hope it doesn't ruin the Free upgrade I received from Windows 10. I don't want to spend money on something I got for free because of Line 6.  I knew there would be some problems, as there always are with changes like this, so I am not angry or anything, just concerned. But it is a problem I'm hoping will be fixed by Line 6 in the next few days. This causes a lot of concern for future problems, namely, if I need a new machine in the near future and the only OS available is Windows 10 (cuz I don't want an overpriced Mac) and Line 6's equipment does not work, they will be losing a long time customer.... 

It's not just the software issue.  Line6 clearly stated on the website that their driver supports Win10 (I use other software which works with Win10).  Some of us were foolish to take them at their word and upgraded.  The blame and responsibility lies squarely with them.  I work in I.T and usually don't make these kinds of rookie mistakes but I've never had a driver issue from a company that claimed their driver actually works for a given O/S.  They'll only alienate their customers by letting this drag on for months by devoting their resources and manpower for new product development, or whatever other "higher priorities" they feel they currently have.  The CEO should hold responsible those in  tech who made false claims with regards to the current driver...mickey mouse outfit looks like.

If I were depending on any software applications in order to allow me to 'work', I would make sure those applications are ready to support Windows 10 BEFORE updating my computer.

• Upvote 1

It's not just the software issue.  Line6 clearly stated on the website that their driver supports Win10 (I use other software which works with Win10).  Some of us were foolish to take them at their word and upgraded.  The blame and responsibility lies squarely with them.  I work in I.T and usually don't make these kinds of rookie mistakes but I've never had a driver issue from a company that claimed their driver actually works for a given O/S.  They'll only alienate their customers by letting this drag on for months by devoting their resources and manpower for new product development, or whatever other "higher priorities" they feel they currently have.  The CEO should hold responsible those in  tech who made false claims with regards to the current driver...mickey mouse outfit looks like.

I for one hope they continue to update popular drivers for Win 10. So far I'm still able to use my usual DAW's without much issue but I did need to reset the sample rate for playback to my KB37 Studio to 16bit 48000Hz in order to get my browsers to playback through the KB37.

I'm guessing that most hw/sw manufacturers assumed their product would be compatible with Win10 based on Microsoft's initial blurbs regarding compatibility and the ability to run in Win7/8 emnulation mode.  No doubt other manufactures are working on updated drivers, too.

I didnt' see anything in the PodFarm 2.5 sell pages mentioning either Win 10 or Win 8.

....  Line6 clearly stated on the website that their driver supports Win10 (I use other software which works with Win10).  ...

I didn't know that. Can you please provide a link to the website page that states that? I will bring it to the attention of Line 6 and request clarification.

Build 10240 Pro 64bit. POD Studio UX2. Driver Version 4.2.7.1

Output now works but only on 16bit 48000Hz.

Input does not work.

Haven't got monkey installed, I'll put that on now and see if there's any difference.

You are such a genius!!!!!

If you're stunned that drivers were not available for pre-release builds then you must have little experience re software development.

As part of the Windows Insider Programme I've been receiving Windows 10 builds for the last 10 months. And the vast majority of hardware manufacturers have been developing and releasing new drivers throughout this period.

The final Win 10 Public Release build was available 2 weeks before public release.

And regarding Line 6 saying the 4.2.7.1 drivers support Windows 10:

bHvCNix.png

i see plain as day what it says... not arguing that....

but the release date doesnt add up....

they did not have windows 10 drivers available in 2013.

clearly a problem somewhere on Line6's end....

but also in following the issue...

many windows 10 beta users had no issues until the last few RC builds....

so all that access wouldn't necessarily equal useful....

If you're stunned that drivers were not available for pre-release builds then you must have little experience re software development.

As part of the Windows Insider Programme I've been receiving Windows 10 builds for the last 10 months. And the vast majority of hardware manufacturers have been developing and releasing new drivers throughout this period.

The final Win 10 Public Release build was available 2 weeks before public release.

And regarding Line 6 saying the 4.2.7.1 drivers support Windows 10:

bHvCNix.png

i see plain as day what it says... not arguing that....

but the release date doesnt add up....

they did not have windows 10 drivers available in 2013.

clearly a problem somewhere on Line6's end....

but also in following the issue...

many windows 10 beta users had no issues until the last few RC builds....

so all that access wouldn't necessarily equal useful....

They've just tacked 'Windows 10' on to the list, of OS supported by the old drivers, since Windows 10 was released. And as my previous posts outline, they do partially work with Win 10.

The final build has been available for three weeks now, which is more than enough time to release some fully working drivers. Despite appearances to the contrary, it ain't rocket science.

I love how Line 6 just tacked on the Windows 10 to the super old driver from 2013. That's just lazy. I have found that if I go to my devices and printers menu and click "remove this device" and replug it in, over and over and over and over and over again(no seriously, like 40 times of unplugging and replugging it in) the mic will start to show up on the windows recording tab.

I received my Line 6 UX2 via a stream donation. I love the hardware. It is simply outstanding for it's price. The software and the support are the absolute worst in any and all types of musical/vocal/etc... equipment i've ever dealt with in my life. That is saying something as I have grown up around and with bands using multiple different equipment.

Line 6 Hardware is awesome.

Line 6 Software and Support is terrible.

Just an FYI for some of you Early Win 10 adopters....How well, the Line 6 drivers work on your machine with Win 10 completely depends on your specific hardware (BIOS & chipset)...I have two different Sony VAIOs and Sony will not have updated subsystem drivers for my machines until Nov. 2015...Sure, I could go to Intel and dig out the OEM drivers and force them in and hope it works just so I can say I am running Win 10....No Thanks...I can wait...

My worry is that the Intel chipset drivers are quite not ready yet and those are crucial for higher level USB drivers (like Line 6) to work correctlywith the Windows HAL....In some cases (like mine), it is better to wait...and as always in all versions of Windows, it depends on your hardware as to when you can jump on the new version...or how much trouble you will have if you jump a bit too early.

I love how Line 6 just tacked on the Windows 10 to the super old driver from 2013. That's just lazy.

I'm guessing this is an IT snafu, probably added Win10 as a place holder for when they release drivers and wasn't meant to populated the live website yet.

This of course is pure speculation.

I'm guessing this is an IT snafu, probably added Win10 as a place holder for when they release drivers and wasn't meant to populated the live website yet.

This of course is pure speculation.

Still should have been looked over by someone before putting it up. It would prevent a lot of people, like me, from using it as ammo against them in tossing blame.

Just a heads up. It appears Line 6 released a new driver update for POD Farm 2 today! It has totally fixed my problem. Had to do the whole unplug from UX2, switch the USB ports and then plug back in after I had installed the update. Now my microphone works once again with Windows 10. Thank you Line 6! Go download guys. Hope it works for you, as it has for me. Good luck :)

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up. It appears Line 6 released a new driver update for POD Farm 2 today! It has totally fixed my problem. Had to do the whole unplug from UX2, switch the USB ports and then plug back in after I had installed the update. Now my microphone works once again with Windows 10. Thank you Line 6! Go download guys. Hope it works for you, as it has for me. Good luck :)

I'm on it! Thanks for the heads up man.

I've come to the solution that there are a lot of problems on both ends not just Line 6's I couldn't even get mp3's to work, I gave up, went back to Windows 8.1 had a weird wifi problem for a while, everything works fine as it was. I'll check out Windows 10 in 6-12 months or the next time I replace my machine altogether, but even then that has me a little tense, if these problems are largely ignored and what I use becomes outdated because of an OS change... 

Hey everyone.  This is a shot in the dark, but I've been using my Toneport UX2 and noticed that when it's plugged in it increases my boot time drastically.

On Windows 10 without it plugged in my boot time is 10 seconds, with it plugged in boot time is 40 seconds.

I've tested this with consistent results.  Is there any way to fix this at all?  

Hoping someone here has the answer.  Thank you!

I installed the new update. Pod Farm doesn't crash anymore but the same issue as before. If I use 48kHz i get in Windows a static weird sound and in Pod Farm no sound. The same by 41kHz. I am using the UX-1.

Is the Line 6 ASIO device (UX) set to run at 16 bit too? Was just curious 'cause I made sure all 3 things are running at 16 bit. In the ASIO device (UX) the playback settings and the recording settings. Not sure if it would help but throwing it out there. 

Updated to newest build of Podfarm 2 (v2.59)

The installer comes with newer drivers than the ones listed on the support download page, the ones on the page are 4.2.7.1 but the ones on the installer are 4.2.7.4.

c5a74e0221.png

I don't use my UX2 as an output but I do use it as an input. And I will confirm the input for my microphone is still broken even with these new drivers.

The only way I can get it working is by going to Devices and Printers, removing the UX2 from the device list, plugging it into another USB port, doing the same on that port and then going back to the one I previously used and ta-da, it now magically works which makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

I wouldn't mind if that was a permanent fix but it isn't. I have to do that each time I've booted into windows to make the input work correctly...

UPDATE: Nearly a day after my last post, and how it was working after the update....I log on today and GUESS WHAT, my mic is back to no longer working just like before. This frustrated me because I thought it was finally fixed and usable with the latest update, but I guess not. *Sigh* tried the good old 16/48000, switching usb ports and still no joy. 

Is the Line 6 ASIO device (UX) set to run at 16 bit too? Was just curious 'cause I made sure all 3 things are running at 16 bit. In the ASIO device (UX) the playback settings and the recording settings. Not sure if it would help but throwing it out there. 

HI. This are my settings :

66yl98wn.jpg

Thanks to all of you. UX1 andWindows10 are working together... The last thing I did was  to  put on the MIC input in the Pod presets...It seems to be muted automaticaly when restarting PODFARM2. Is that correct ?

(Sorry for my bad english!)

• Upvote 1

Just tried the 48k workarounds, playback works (although when I reset my PC I had to change the buffer size on the ASIO driver) although recording is still broken for things such as Skype.

Can see the input being recognised in POD farm, and it works in FL Studio, but no where else.

What's interesting to note is because I can change FL Studio so it sees and uses only ASIO UX2 as my default sound driver it works like a charm for playback and recording, no popping, no crackling. Worked the same with Reaper, as soon as I try using something that doesn't have the same ASIO support (I.e. Skype or teamspeak) it goes wrong. Not sure if everyone else has seen the same results...

Either way the fact that this has not been fixed yet is disconcerting to say the least considering their key rivals have already got all this sorted... Might end up losing another customer to Focusrite...