Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm, UX2, and Windows 10

Op here. 

I'd just like to point out that i started the thread 2 months ago, and noone really cared.

I emailed Line 6 well in advance of release - and they didn;t care.

Line 6 drivers for Windows 8 are still crappy for some.

The solution is probably this:

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-6i6-USB-20-Audio-Interface/RZ7#full-des

I think we need to buy new audio interfaces. Line 6 are not supporting their customers. They could have had SOME form of software support during the very long Windows 10 BETA period, but they didn't. Surely the final release version would bare at least some major similarities with the BETA?

It really is very frustrating, and i have no idea why they aren't communicating with the community.

Rant over. . 

Op here. 

I'd just like to point out that i started the thread 2 months ago, and noone really cared.

I emailed Line 6 well in advance of release - and they didn;t care.

Line 6 drivers for Windows 8 are still crappy for some.

The solution is probably this:

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-Scarlett-6i6-USB-20-Audio-Interface/RZ7#full-des

I think we need to buy new audio interfaces. Line 6 are not supporting their customers. They could have had SOME form of software support during the very long Windows 10 BETA period, but they didn't. Surely the final release version would bare at least some major similarities with the BETA?

It really is very frustrating, and i have no idea why they aren't communicating with the community.

Rant over. . 

I agree, for a company of their size, I would assume they had the money to hire some sort of community manager for their website. I am most certainly not purchasing any hardware from them in the future. Whenever I decide to upgrade, it will be from a different company. I'm also not going to recommend their products to anyone in the future as well, simply due to the terrible communication they have with their customers. It doesn't really matter to them, they will still have people purchase their product, especially the less tech savvy people, or the garage band teenagers who saw line 6 equipment in a music video. 

Sorry all you folks are still having problems.   I'm sure Line 6 is looking at fixes, but the real problem devolves to Microsoft releasing another crap OS version with lots of bugs in it.  A Service Pack update after less than 2 weeks?  Why wasn't any of that fixed during beta testing?

• Downvote 3

Sorry all you folks are still having problems.   I'm sure Line 6 is looking at fixes, but the real problem devolves to Microsoft releasing another crap OS version with lots of bugs in it.  A Service Pack update after less than 2 weeks?  Why wasn't any of that fixed during beta testing?

No, the real problem is not Microsoft.  Line6 has a shoddy record for driver support.  The buck stops with Line6.  Other firms have released drivers for a while now.  Nice try.

I'm having a similar problem with my UX1. Stopped working entirely after the W10 upgrade. No input or output; it's recognized as an audio device, but setting it as 'default' doesn't actually change the audio output — it still pumps through my main speakers as though I hadn't changed anything. Changing the sample rate just resulted in super-slow video playback and screeching audio. 

My support ticket was submitted on 7/31, almost two weeks ago. It was last updated on the 3rd, almost a week and a half ago when the respondent from support literally asked me to repeat nearly everything I'd written in the original ticket. I love the OS and all my other apps work just fine. I'm shopping around now for an alternative, so hopefully Line 6 gets their butts in gear. 

Yes, because a driver from 2013 with Windows 10 slapped on it is clearly Microsoft's fault.

Also, a service pack in less than 2 weeks is a good thing. That's due to more people using Windows 10 allowing them to find more bugs to fix quicker. Usually you would have a very small amount of people upgrading to a new OS before a service pack. That means less people to find less bugs, causing more time to fix all the bugs and release a service pack. With Windows 10 being free, more people opted in, allowing more eyes to see more problems. So Windows 10 being free has done exactly what they wanted it to do so far.

Also, when a company fixes any bugs within 2 weeks of release, that just shows they are on top of things and want to get everything ironed out. So that is actually a very good thing.

Hi. 

I had issues, got them fixed, but disconnected the device because it kept dying on me, forcing me to reconnect the USB plug on the thing over and over again.

Tried for 2 hours again to connect it up to see if some solutions I found on the net would work, and now input does not work at all for me. Flashback.. So I am fed up, and gonna scrap the UX2 and look for a replacement.

So if anyone is contemplating getting this, then don't. Save yourself the grief and get something else. 

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions to what to replace a non-working Pod Farm UX2, let me know.

GTJ

Hold your horses guys, before you all go buying new interfaces and crap. I almost decided to buy a new interface too until I tried out this:

Think I found a fix guys! (It work for me at least.)

Go to Devices and Printers and find the UX2 http://i.gyazo.com/daf41eb07835ad13acffab346d352b13.png

Right click UX2 and remove device

Then unplug and plug back in the UX2 and windows was able to recognize the device http://i.gyazo.com/727718db18c91ba5fcf53bb64fd907e8.png

Let me know if that works for you guys! c:

It isn't a guaranteed fix for everyone for some reason, but it worked for me and I've tried like, every single suggested thing on every thread about this topic. This did it. I can see the green bars filling in the recording devices tab when I tap the mic, Audacity doesn't give me an error on start up anymore. I gasped in complete joy and surprise. It's worth a shot for you all.

I have decided to get a different audio interface, but i have a few questions. 

My UX2 works great with Windows 7. I have my headphones, and two 1/4 inch jack MAudio Powered Monitors coming out of the back. 

ALL of my sound comes through the UX2, games, music, movies, youtube, plus my guitar, so i can play along and record using UX2 as the mic input into OBS etc. 

Will other Audio interfaces work this way? or will some of them only have the guitar coming through the monitors and nothing else?

Thanks

Hold your horses guys, before you all go buying new interfaces and crap. I almost decided to buy a new interface too until I tried out this:

It isn't a guaranteed fix for everyone for some reason, but it worked for me and I've tried like, every single suggested thing on every thread about this topic. This did it. I can see the green bars filling in the recording devices tab when I tap the mic, Audacity doesn't give me an error on start up anymore. I gasped in complete joy and surprise. It's worth a shot for you all.

So if this is the (easy) solution, then it would indeed seem to be a Win10 issue.

• Downvote 2

Didn't work for me. Why can't i have any luck xD Is it really so hard for Line 6 to make a fix/driver? I really can't wait any longer without working Mic.

I am using the UX2 and the program update they just did made it to where the program actually runs. BUT it is still not reading my mic. It's getting a little annoying there is no patch or anything that just "works". I don't want to have to do work around or anything, I just want to open the program for the interface to work thats it. The only fix for most of us is just to sadly revert back to Win 8.1. I don't want to have to purchase another interface, but it's looking like it if this issues is not fixed by the end of the month.

This works for me...........after doing it 40+ times. Like, it's completely random. You don't even have to change the USB port. Follow these steps and it will always work for everyone.

1.Remove the device.

2.Unplug Device from USB.

3.Replug device into the same USB.

4.Open Podfarm 2.

5.Check Microsoft sound tab for green bars.

6.No green bars? Repeat Steps 1-5 over and over and over and over and over again and you will get it to work randomly at around 40+ attempts.

No kidding, it usually works for me around attempt numbers 70-90. I've gone to 130 once, and I've gotten it to work after 3 once as well. Completely random.

^^^

LOL!

Even though I'm one of the few (only one?) who has the UX2 continuously 'working' without problems (albeit restricted to 48KHz\16bit for apps that don't have any option to change it), this is now getting to the point of ridiculousness.

It's been over 4 weeks since the Windows release build was made available.

Line 6 need to get their lazy backsides into gear and put out some working WDM drivers.

They are still listing the broken 4.2.7.1 drivers from 2013 as Windows 10 drivers, unbelievable!

• Upvote 1

hello from Poland,

i run trough all the pages, tried every solution in here. None of them work unfortunnetaly.

althought my problem is stricly in audacity. After updating everything (pod farm 2, ux1, monkey) and change the settings to dvd quality, the pod farm2 is working - playing music and windows sounds. Audacity however give me the same error every time i try to launch it: internal portaudio error.

installing version 2.0.2 didnt work.

i was hoping to find some answers on the last page here... but i guess we all have to wait for it :P

extremily sorry for my english.

cheers!

On my laptop it's not working after the Windows 10 update...
I can connect it, the yellow light on the display appears but nothing works. No Podfarm, no sound...
...And yes it makes me crash the others sound output too, like my laptop speakers...
Someone got a solution ? Thanks

re: musicdevil

I just wanted to try the new windows. I didnt thought about problems that might come with it. Previously i was working with audacity on windows 8,1 - everything was working fine so i didnt see that one coming :(

re: metallicalex

try to update everything via monkey 1,71 (latest, if i remember number correctly) and switch to dvd quality.

QcTuT7T.png

after all of that the device should play most sounds correctly but you still wont be able too record by audacity or simmilar programs.

maybe in few days we will receive some working solution from line6 team? I hope for it! :)

• Upvote 1

^^^

LOL!

Even though I'm one of the few (only one?) who has the UX2 continuously 'working' without problems (albeit restricted to 44.1KHz\16bit for apps that don't have any option to change it), this is now getting to the point of ridiculousness.

It's been over 4 weeks since the Windows release build was made available.

Line 6 need to get their lazy backsides into gear and put out some working WDM drivers.

They are still listing the broken 4.2.7.1 drivers from 2013 as Windows 10 drivers, unbelievable!

I can get the UX2 to work as a playback device no problem. Just have to up it to dvd quality in the properties. However, I don't use it for playback as I have an actual soundcard for that. I just want my 4040 condenser mic to work. I hate the audio recording quality on headset mics or my webcam mic. I've used my condenser mic for years now. Yet, here we are....nearly a month later and still no fix. Hell, still no announcement about a fix. Line 6 may be working on something, or they may not...we are completely in the dark here.

No Problem with the UX1 and UX2 on Win7 64Bit....Why you use Win10?

Because so far, the Line 6 UX2/Podfarm 2 communication between interface and computer is the ONLY issue I'm having with Windows 10.

I love that I have the ability to play games and record the last 30 seconds of my gameplay without having to run a separate application that has to record the whole time. Thus, causing me to have to sift through the whole video to find the small clip/clips that I wanted.

I love the fast startup times, the amazing cpu threading coding that comes with DX12, allowing future games to load multiple bits of coding nearly twice as fast as DX11 without near as many crashes from too much on screen. I like Cortana surprisingly. I love how great the backwards compatibility is compared to 7 and 8.

I decided to stay with Windows 10, even with the UX2 issues. I'm just having to use my headset microphone instead of my 4040. I will gladly get a new interface that actually has a real support team if Line 6 cannot fix their problems, which after the Windows 10 development kit has been available for a long time already, looks like Line 6 may, in fact, not get around to taking care of this. It'll just deter me from buying from them or recommending them to anyone in the future.

My most recent support ticket: 

Do you think i could spell it out any clearer?

"This is getting silly now.

Please see the thread i started, and notice how many people are struggling to get the UX1 and 2 working with Windows 10.

http://line6.com/support/topic/14243-podfarm-ux2-and-windows-10/page-5

When is this going to be sorted?

Do we really have to go and buy a different audio interface?

Are you even aware of an issue?

If so i think some official communication with the community is in order. That's just good business practice. Come on, reassure us that you are working on this, or that you even know about it. Before more people jump ship. Thanks"

the solution from ExUnforgiv3n really can work

1.Remove the device.

2.Unplug Device from USB.

3.Replug device into the same USB.

4.Open Podfarm 2.

5.Check Microsoft sound tab for green bars.

6.No green bars? Repeat Steps 1-5 over and over and over and over and over again and you will get it to work randomly at around 40+ (my try is around 10) attempts.

No kidding, but sometime reboot computer will make it back again.

If you really need to record something, this might help.

Anyone here use their DAW with WASAPI? 

I have an UX2 and don't record mics nowadays, but I do work in DAWs and I love WASAPI for its efficiency and ability to work in tandem with other sound sources, but since Windows 10 WASAPI doesn't work in Reaper for me anymore (says WASAPI isn't picking up the output device), and I'm inclined to think it's because of the sound drivers. 

Anyone here have this issue/mind switching to WASAPI in their DAW for a second and tell me if it works? 

Would greatly appreciate it. 
Cheers! 

Ok so I just restarted my computer for updates, and this solution completely died. Back to square 1. 

Line 6 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...

This is the most recent official statement that I am aware of:

http://line6.com/support/topic/15207-windows-10-wdm-driver-issue/?view=getnewpost

Wow, stellar progress, they've moved on to repeating what I've been saying for weeks!

Anyone here use their DAW with WASAPI? 

I have an UX2 and don't record mics nowadays, but I do work in DAWs and I love WASAPI for its efficiency and ability to work in tandem with other sound sources, but since Windows 10 WASAPI doesn't work in Reaper for me anymore (says WASAPI isn't picking up the output device), and I'm inclined to think it's because of the sound drivers. 

Anyone here have this issue/mind switching to WASAPI in their DAW for a second and tell me if it works? 

Would greatly appreciate it. 

Cheers! 

Yes, I posted in this thread, a while ago, that I have WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) drivers working in Reaper (latest version).

I can get my ux2 to work if I set output quality to DVD in "advanced settings". However, it chokes up after a while and just makes a repeating pulse sound.

However I have the same problem with audacity and teamspeak. Although those apps haven't to my knowledge been updated since windows 10 was released. So I think device enumeration broke in those applications. And to top it off we have an unstable driver on our hands from line 6.

Please observe that my creative usb soundcard has the exact same problem with enumeration in audacity and teamspeak. I.e the problem is probably in respective developers hands. Line 6 is not entirely at fault for windows 10 issues.

I'm also having problems with sound in Windows 10. When I try to play guitar through GearBox (worked in Windows 8.1) get this error from GearBox:

DSP failed to load model correctly. You may not hear the selected model. Reason: (Code 80007104) failed write to firmware.

Also I can not play a simple mp3 in Windows Mediaplayer or play a video clip.

Finally got it working for myself after a bunch of troubleshooting this morning.

Make sure both devices are set to default in the playback/recording windows menus. I was doing most things mentioned in this thread this morning, and was able to play a test sound after switching audio to 48k, but opened chrome and played a video --- no dice. Disabled all background apps as well as turning off app permissions through the windows 10 settings menu, made sure all drivers were up to date, yadda yadda...and then I noticed I only had it set to default device for playback, set the recording default device to my UX2 and the audio magically started working.

My issue now is the microphone playback in my headphones will only play in the left ear when plugged into the front left input, and the right ear from the input next to it.

Seems we can't win it all.

Same issue here with the UX1, tried every workarround here posted, got playback going but no mic greenbars or skype working, only software i can hear the mic is in the Guitar Rig 5(LOOL) i even bang'd the usb port with the cable like a porn actor...no result besides my pc almost flying away from my desk... hope this gets fixed soon...i would be sad to have to trow my Line 6 products to the trashcan and replace them with Focusrite or M-Audio...

me and some folks here are looking forward to see this problema being fixed for our Line 6 Devices.

Greetings from Portugal ​​ ;)

Still nothing?

Does Line 6 even give a lollipop?

Does Pod Farm 2 work with the Toneport UX2 in the recording properties? If so then maybe it's about time Line 6 gave free upgrades to Pod Farm 2.

The only reason most of us have Windows 10 is because it was a free upgrade. We'd be dumb not to upgrade.

This is a little strange. I have got this to work every once in a while (until I restart the computer) by doing the disable device unplug and plug back in as mentioned previously. The weird thing is, the only time this works is if the Advanced tab under the recording options in Sounds is missing. I am attaching a picture for you to see. I have been trying to get this to work using TeamSpeak. I have no issues using this in Cubase 5 at all, just in other software like TeamSpeak, Skype.

Capture_zpsfxqiz9kc.jpg

For those who don't know the thread:

Device: Pod Studio UX2

Drivers: 4.2.7.1

On my system the UX2 works for both recording and playback in all apps. No unplugging, rebooting or other messing around. Apps that don't let you change sample rate use the default settings made in the Control Panel applet: 48000Hz, 16 bit.

I have no other Line 6 software installed besides the drivers, which were downloaded from here.

The weird thing is, the only time this works is if the Advanced tab under the recording options in Sounds is missing.

The advanced tab becomes unavailable if the Line 6 driver is active.

Simply opening the Control Panel Recording applet activates the Line 6 Driver:

SiknzKh.png

If I disable the UX2 for recording, wait a few seconds, then enable it and open properties before the driver has activated I can access the advanced tab:

xTwr58g.png

J9BmivN.png

The same is true for playback, if the UX2 is not actively in use the driver is inactive and the advanced tab can be accessed:

zks6QIU.png

If the UX2 is actively playing back sound the driver is active and the advanced tab can't be accessed:

x8gFBnc.png

Yo does anyone else only get like 3 amps on Windows 10 Podfarm? (JCM800, Twin Reverb, and Power Amp Models). Also my number of effects is dramatically cutdown and there's no EQ. Im using Pod Farm 2.57 (I think), whichever is the newest one, on a Pod X3 with Windows 10.

you either don't have a license for version 2.x (use version 1.x or pay for a license) or you need to authorize with the license manager.

Yo does anyone else only get like 3 amps on Windows 10 Podfarm? (JCM800, Twin Reverb, and Power Amp Models). Also my number of effects is dramatically cutdown and there's no EQ. Im using Pod Farm 2.57 (I think), whichever is the newest one, on a Pod X3 with Windows 10.