Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm, UX2, and Windows 10

Here's some more straw-clutching things for desperadoes to try:

1) Only have the UX2 connected to a USB 2 port. USB 3 ports will typically be coloured blue.

2) Check your motherboard manufacturers website for updated Windows 10 drivers for chipsets and USB. If you don't know your motherboard make/model/chipset then you can use CPU-Z to get this information.

3) If your motherboard has no updated drivers, and you have an Intel chipset, then try the Intel Chipset Update Utility (ignore the fact that it does not show support for Windows 10 yet). You can also try the Intel Driver Update Utility.

4) If your motherboard has no updated drivers, and you have an AMD chipset, then try the latest AMD chipset drivers.

5) Open Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers and determine which USB Root Hub your UX2 is connected to and uninstall the hub. Reboot and the hub will be detected and drivers will be reinstalled.

V3HA7fy.png

5y3kGTG.png

RWKr4NW.png

BQyxAtR.png

6) For good measure you can also make sure power management is turned off on that hub.

CUicIum.png

I guess this is why I haven't had any luck getting the ux2 recognized by audacity.  I changed to 16 bit 48000hz but still no dice.  Hope we get an updated driver soon so it just works easily like it always did in windows 7&8!

4.2.7.6 Drivers are out and they seem to have solved the issue (for me, anyway)

line6.com/software    - Go get it!

If this solves it for everyone I'd say it's within a decent enough time frame, especially given Line6's previous track record.

Thanks OP for pushing this thread. Thanks Line6 for stepping up.

The new drivers work for a while, then they hang. It's still unstable for me under windows 10 with UX2. I'm running 4.2.7.6 according to line 6 monkey.

The hang with a constant signal according to windows. I.e you see x amount of green bars lit up in the speaker settings, but you hear no sound. Except that after a while the speakers start outputting a pulse sound with a few seconds interleave. All applications that use the driver hang. I.e spotify, flash in firefox, games, audacity etc.

When I check the status of the UX2 device, the advanced tab is gone and so forth. Same as with the previous driver.

Then I switch to my creative usb card as default and then I can get sound again. Pretty ironic as creative is not the better option of the two.

**EDIT**

My issue is reproducible on my system. I tried reinstalling 4.2.7.6 drivers and also rebooted. Still hangs after what seems to be a random amount of time. No error messages present in the windows event logger.

4.2.7.6 Drivers ceased to function after a few hours of playback using Firefox Flash plugin and Media Player Classic. All subsequent attempts to playback caused the host application to freeze, forcing the use of Task Manager to end task.

Rebooting was the only solution.

I shall revert back to 4.2.7.1 drivers if it occurs again.

I did the free update to Windows 10 this weekend and so far the 4.2.7.6 driver is working fine for my ux2. I've been letting the Windows Music app play music wav and mp3s off my hard drive for most of the day today and no problem. I also gave it a quick try with Sonar 64 bit (using ASIO) and it appears to all be working there too.

I think I saw some reports of problems with Flash in general lately, so if anyone is having problems with playback in their browser, then it might be worth going to adobe's site and make sure you update to the latest Flash version.

4.2.7.6 drivers have been working completely fine for me on my UX1 for the past 24 hours. No need to change my playback sample rate thingo to DVD quality and the green bars light up in the Recording Devices window just fine. 

Thank you Line 6 for releasing a fix. Better late than never.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using a UX1 with 4.7.6.2 drivers - I changed my recording device format to 48khz and disabled exclusivity, attempting to get some recording software to work (even Windows built-in Voice Recorder didn't work). Turns out that disabling exclusivity was a bad idea for some other software. Now the "Advanced" tab doesn't appear on the recording device properties, so I can't change it back!

Things tried to date:

- Reboot

- Uninstall device, unplug, reboot, re-install

- Uninstall device driver completely from system, unplug, reboot, re-install drivers from freshly downloaded file.

The tab is still missing! Any ideas?

• 5 weeks later...

Hy, my problem is, that i installed podfarm 2.59, with the latest drivers (4.2.7.6) on win10, but no matter what i'm doing, i only can record from one sourcve at the time. Tried Toneport and ASIO, tried the windows settings and so  on, but in Podfarm's mixer view the second input is always grey, non clicable. Any recommendations?

Hi guys, I currently have a Toneport GX (not used) and a UX2 (used) - before my previous laptop died, I had updated to Windows 10 and I recall having had problems with drivers and the UX2 unless I used the 16bit/44100 workaround.

As said, such laptop died at the end of September because of poor construction and I decided to replace it with a sturdier T430 ThinkPad with Win 7 Pro preinstalled, which works very well,

So far I have decided to keep Win 7 Pro, this bug and Line6's uninpressing way to deal with it being a major factor for me not to upgrade. Reading the post above written less than a week ago I think I'm still right to worry about uprading.

Any further update?

I might keep Win 7 Pro until next July but I might really consider ditching their products and switching to more serious makes if Line6 won't have objectively and universally fixed the issue by then, with an official statement FROM THEIR SIDE. I guess the bug doesn't just affect their legacy Toneports but also their almost identical Pod Studio hardware.

Cheers and thanks for all your updates on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 in december 2015. It is now January 2016.

I have installed the latest drivers, but my Toneport UX2 keeps freezing, and all sound dies.

Everything else is working fine in windows 10. I have tried many of the tips here, with no luck.

I hope there is a fix soon. It is a really cool audio device, and I have been using it for many years

with guitars and microphones on windows 7, and it was always working fine for me on DAWs

and everything else like web browers, VLC media player, etc.

I hope my luck changes soon. I hope it can work again. 

• 4 weeks later...

just upgraded to Windows 10.  Went to control panel, sounds, then recording device, selected UX-2.  Nothing seemed to work.  Stumbled on new Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices in control panel.  Selected my mic1 input, got indications  in the sound control panel that my mic was working.  Still nothing on the level gauges on the ux2, but at least I can use my mic again. 

• Upvote 2

I too now have no sound in record mode regardless of what I change over to, Core Audio [wave RT] - ASIO - WAVE  - on my DAW after downloading all the new drivers for windows 10, half way through switching from song to song to finish them, and now NOTHING - well done I say, stick ya UX2 up your date, going to spend my money elsewhere, a company that ain't gonna take ya money then screw you over.

A law suite might be in order here.

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same issue. The sound works on the application pod farm 2 but i get no sound output, I have tried changing some settings like what has been suggested but nothing works. The new updated drivers aren't working, i have everything up to date.

• 1 month later...

Migrated to a new computer this weekend, Windows 10 to Windows 10 and my UX1 had horribly garbled sound that hadn't been a problem on the old machine. The old machine was a Vista upgraded to 10 that was made prior to USB 3.0. Plugged the UX1 into the USB 2.0 port on the new computer and the problem went away and everything sounds great. Using latest driver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I experience the exact same issues as Xtal99, in that any audio that is outputted (mp3, wav, video, podFarm) sounds like digital distorted/garbled sounding junk, and also all youtube videos play extremely slowly. So, technically, there is audio that is outputting from my pod studio kb37, but it's just unlistenable garbage! I would really like to know if there's been any breakthrough since the last post regarding these Windows 10/pod studio interface annoyances. I've owned this interface before, along with other line 6 products, and it's never been this complicated and frustrating to perform/record/use the gear in conjunction with any of my past computers before!! I just barely purchased the pod studio kb37, so needless to say, I'm growing impatient with there being no resolution or solution to these problems already!! I hope this post gets a reply with some useful info sometime soon!

• 2 weeks later...

are you using the latest version of pod farm, or one that came with a disk?

also are you using the one you have a license for?

New Issue, still windows 10, POD Farm crashes on startup, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated monkey, restarted my computer and no go. Halp.

• 1 month later...

I did Wndows 10 and had to reboot a few times. Disable the stock soundcard again and in the end set the WIndows soundcard with UX as Default and set to 24/28 and all was happy. With 24/96 it wouldnt be seen by my DAW.

All is good....always check the Line Monkey too...  

Leary of Windows 10 a little, but its far better than 8 which I was stuck with. 

All 8 seemed to do was allow more advertisement movies to play on my screen. Added AD BLOCK helped.

Windows 10 seems to allow even more adverts to rule the pc so AD BLOCK again, had to reload.

Windows 10 will update when it chooses, currently there is no way to turn off Updates that I know of...this Update can cause issues with drivers as they load up generic crap sometimes and will mess up Audio specific settings/ Customized drivers.

Im running UX8 and Reaper and Gearbox with Pod Farm, so far so good.

Currently trying to get my UX2 to work after recently getting my arm twisted by Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10, or else it'll not be 'free' anymore. Well, I'm full of regrets now. After diligently working to update all my drivers, programs, line6 monkey and what-not in hopes of getting *something* to work... I'm at a loss.

What I get, each and every time is a garbled mess of static-y garbage. With my mic in, static-y garbage. Unplug and replug in the UX2? Static-y garbage. Unplug my mic? Still static-y garbage. Plug it back in? Garbage. Run it in compatibility mode? Gaaarbaaaaaage.

I don't know what to do at this given point. I'm at a loss, and I'm in need of help. Please, I just--... I coughed up $200 for this UX2, and I really don't want buyer's remorse. Especially since I can't get a refund on the thing if I wanted to. Which I really don't. :/ I just want it to work.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The audio stops working after about 15 min, having to restart the pc every time I use

I'm having the same issue, it was working fine until the latest windows updates a week or so ago, now pod farm freezes after about 15 minutes. I don't need to restart the computer, just Pod Farm, but again it only lasts 15 minutes.

I've been using the 4.2.7.6 drivers for a while now and it seems time for new ones!! 

I have the Tone Port UX2 and Pod Farm 2.59 on Windows 10 Pro (It seems windows 10 pro has more issues than windows 10 home) 

Tomas

• Upvote 1

The root of this problem is apparently using a USB 3.0 port - I don't have any USB 2.0 ports because my computer isn't ancient.

If anyone has a real fix for the disgusting garbled staticy garbage noise, please advise.

Thank you! 

Moving to a USB 2.0 seems to have solved it for me, it's been running without freezing for 3 hours now, I'll leave it overnight see how it goes. 

I wish Line 6 would step up to the plate and at least give us some pointers, rather than leaving us to fend for ourselves.

We live in a world of weasels where no one wants to say anything because they are afraid of being accused or admitting there might be a problem. Thankfully though open source software is gaining strength and we depend less and less from closed source companies. It would be nice if Line 6 just did hardware and left it's software open source, we'd really have some great stuff to work with!  Just my 2 cents. 

Tomás