Sign in to follow this  
Stratotron

Biting the bullet Firehawk work-around

Am "thinking about" adding a Fulltone 2 Overdrive/Boost pedal in to the effects loop of my Firehawk, because:

It will allow for a stand alone drive or boost to any patch without taking up an assignable block.

It will allow more Mod or Delay flexibility by freeing up a block that would normally be taken up by having a drive occupy that space.

It will give me 2 easily accessible switches on the side. ( I struggle with the back row of switches, even with my HD500X).

Basically, I will place the effects loop in a space and just leave it on/save it. This way I can punch in a boost or drive to a clean sound or push a drive tone through the cieling. Or I have the option of assigning the effcts loop to a switch in some cases, which still leaves a block that would be taken up by a drive, open.

Right now, just thinking about it...thoughts?

Yeah - the effects loop has a boost option which I use all the time now- I have been thinking about putting an OD/distortion pedal in there as well as an EQ pedal to further tailor the sound of the boost on the effects loop.

I have been wanting to use the back row more, because there is less lag when just stomping effects rather than presets in the front row which switch amp models and have more lag, which makes it hard to have fluid switches within a song