Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix?? What is it???

Inerzia

New! all new... even the effects models.

they are HX models... not HD

yes power switch! ha!

Doesn't say if new amp models or same HD ones.

The new fx would be nice. I didn't see a power switch though....  ;)

Looks pretty awesome. Too expensive for me to play bar gigs with.

hmmm might have to try one. But at that price point, it would not be given go ahead like I did on the HD, have to look at compeation capablities in similar price range. No body was comparable in the price point for the HD.

And I just got my HD expansion packs setup nicely! Almost wish they had not come out with them if a knew POD was in play. Maybe different division in the company worked independantly but seems like a quick money grab on the expansion packs now.

• Upvote 1

hmmm might have to try one. But at that price point, it would not be given go ahead like I did on the HD, have to look at compeation capablities in similar price range. No body was comparable in the price point for the HD.

And I just got my HD expansion packs setup nicely! Almost wish they had not come out with them if a knew POD was in play. Maybe different division in the company worked independantly but seems like a quick money grab on the expansion packs now.

You have a point there.

I know I will end up buying one of these eventually. At least my old HD500 is doing a fine job at gigs, so I can wait for the Helix to be out for about a year to get all bugs worked out (and time to same up some money).

-Max

"Line 6 doesn't listen to its customers!"

"Ideascale is a joke!"

"IR's! Why won't Line 6 give us IR's"

"I guess Line 6 doesn't want to be in High End gear category!' (that one was mine!)

"Line 6 only cares about the bottom line and doesn't care to give value to its loyal customers."

"Good Bye Line 6, you guys and all of your fanboys suck!"

"I'm going to Fractal!"

Anyone want to apologize at this point?

Nice job Line 6! You listened to the most impatient and at times mean spirited crap from folks who probably don't play guitar all that well to begin with! And from it all, it is so obvious that you do listen, you do care about your customers. And you do it in a great spirit! Once again, NICE JOB LINE 6!

Where and when can I get 2 of them?

• Upvote 2

All I get when I go to that link is

PLEASE ROTATE DEVICE TO VIEW PORTRAIT PERSPECTIVE

I guess all of you who actually saw this stuff have tablets? I just have this clunky old monitor attached to my clunky old desktop!

The vid wouldn't load when I first looked. I saw it later. Plus, that was a joke. Calm down man...

Looks like it has everything folks have wanted.

People on TGP are already saying AX8 will still be better lol. They're not even on the market yet!

All I get when I go to that link is

PLEASE ROTATE DEVICE TO VIEW PORTRAIT PERSPECTIVE

I guess all of you who actually saw this stuff have tablets? I just have this clunky old monitor attached to my clunky old desktop!

Just on Chrome for me. Explorer and Firefox work. I think we need to update a plugin or Flash or something.

hamana hamana hamana..... mumble, drool, mumble... holy crap... this just rearranged my entire priority list for gear... 

$1499 street, I predict $1199 at Sweetwater soon...  I may just have to sacrifice all my current gear to the Gods of GAS on this one...

makes my day when I think of all those wonderful contributors that p!ssed all over Line 6 on their way out the door to Fractal and Kemper...

helix4%20-%201.png

• Upvote 1

hamana hamana hamana..... mumble, drool, mumble... holy crap... this just rearranged my entire priority list for gear... 

$1499 street, I predict $1199 at Sweetwater soon...  I may just have to sacrifice all my current gear to the Gods of GAS on this one...

makes my day when I think of all those wonderful contributors that p!ssed all over Line 6 on their way out the door to Fractal and Kemper...

I am with you... Screw the 2 flying v and the G27 i wanted.. I guess my money are on this.

• Upvote 2

1.  Not just a switch, but no wall wart either. Just a standard NEMA 5-15P.  Much better

2. I wonder if this addresses the global volume from the HD500s that was big complain switching between patches.

3. Having that giant screen and digital labels on the switches will be awesome for gigging.  I wonder if they'll add some bluetooth-foo as well.  

I'm a bit confused by the 8in8out USB though.   

yes there will be an editor for the computer... but with the large screen... the only thing easier on the computer is naming the presets... (maybe moving presets around)

it's very easy to use.... and the editor mirrors whats on the screen.. so they operate about the same....

and yes 1499$ is the footpedal version... the rack version is also 1499$ but does not work with the current floorboards... the helix floor controller is 499$

Thanks Zap for the info. Just 2 questions. Will there be am edit program on computer? and 2nd, is this a foot pedal?

• Upvote 1