Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The new Helix- Best of Firehawk and HD's?

bond19

Wow looks cool, I don't have that kinda cash spare at the moment though

I hope they make a more affordable frfr speaker to go with that and the Firehawk

It's a crying shame that screen isn't touch sensitive to double as an editor

On the surface, bending over to edit is physically out for me.

In one of our focus groups years ago, some guy made a casual comment about his back. He didn't ask for anything, or complain about anything, but we latched onto it and that was the impetus for Pedal Edit mode (and Firehawk FX's Live Edit mode). It may be your back's best friend.

the scribble strips over the footswitches are very well labeled, big bold and high contrast in foot edit mode.

you literally just step on what you want to change, and then step on + or -

that's the simple version, and it doesn't get a lot more complex from there.

For ease of access to knobs and buttons (UI) , I've played the Pod X3 and XT beans on stage mounted on a mic stand next to me for years. I used an FBV for foot control. Now with the Firehawk, I have a stand-mounted tablet next to me on stage. Very accessible and tweakable. And full featured with ability to download, tweak, and see the preset list live. Live, in the middle of a show, I can access My Tones, easily edit blocks, and view the Firehawk's preset list. I'm in UI heaven.

The Helix looks awesome on every front, but sending the UI back to the floor is a major bummer for me. I don't want to make premature judgements, but somehow moving the UI and display back to a waist-high location would be much more ergonomic than the nice foot editable UI of Helix. If the thousand-plus preset list is the cause of an unacceptable Bluetooth lag, could you configure a tablet to display only the current preset signal path (ie editor)? Or have Bluetooth/tablet display only a fraction of the 1024(?) presets in a special group of presets for live use (I don't see needing more than 30 or so for the usual live show) ?

Going back to the floor, even with this cool interface, is a major issue with me. I have more on this. I will break this topic out to a separate thread.

Thanks for y'alls commentary.

I'm very interested in the ability to load external IR's. Finally!!! Sucks I'm gonna have to wait a while because of the price tag but it will have to be bought eventually. Tax season 2016 can't come soon enough for me now! I do want to hear a few more of the amp models first though. I saw Sweetwater's demo and I'm curious why some of them were greyed out on the display, demo model maybe?

In one of our focus groups years ago, some guy made a casual comment about his back. He didn't ask for anything, or complain about anything, but we latched onto it and that was the impetus for Pedal Edit mode (and Firehawk FX's Live Edit mode). It may be your back's best friend.

Once again, I may have posted too soon. I appreciate that Line6 has this user-company relationship. I will add that, last year I got an invite to something at Line6 is Calabassas. I wonder, did I miss an invite to a focus group?

You just enable the edit mode and the lcds above the footswitches change to effects and amps. Select the one you want to edit and the change to parameters. Select that and then click the footswitches that say plus and minus to make changes. Then save or exit via another footswitches or go back and select something else to edit and repeat.

I think, I posted too soon, before I realized the edit-by foot function. Is there a comprehensive explaination of how the foot editing works somewhere?

What about editing with your feet?

Foot editing doesn't work nearly as well as hands, either on a tablet or large phone. I consistently tweak a variety of parameters in live settings from small coffee-houses to small amphitheaters.

Line 6 , please heed the requests to have Helix cooperate with an off-the-floor UI !

• Upvote 1

I've used both and i completely disagree with you....

I think that alot more information about the floor editing function needs to be out there before you can form an opinion on it...

maybe it won't change your mind...

but making up your mind with minimal information

either

A: doesn't do you any favors

B: makes you an american voter

and FYI "off the floor" will be available for mac/pc 

Foot editing doesn't work nearly as well as hands, either on a tablet or large phone. I consistently tweak a variety of parameters in live settings from small coffee-houses to small amphitheaters.

Line 6 , please heed the requests to have Helix cooperate with an off-the-floor UI !

• Downvote 1