Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just got a spare tube amp; Peavey VK II 20MH, I'm Amazed! 3 Cable Method and Beat Buddy..

Brazzy

I'm amazed at this little feature packed mini tube amp. Peavey out a 5 year warranty on this. I just started playing with this amp so I'll be back with more about it.

Not as cool as the new Line 6 Helix but I can ad this to my HD500/DT50HD to make some good stereo....possibly. Still gotta hook it up and try it.

A thread I created about it.

Kind quick USB test recording using Ableton Live 8 and the HD500 in the FX Loop of the Amp. I had a wee bit of latency since I wasn't using ASIO. Also, I used a Guitar Fetish Telecaster Kit guitar I put together a while ago.

Peavey VKII 20MH & HD500 FX Loop

Edited by Brazzy
  • Upvote 1

i bought the Peavey VKII 100wat version of that head, it only costs £300 brand new :o seems like peavey are having a clear out in europe.

it can be switched down from 100watt to 25watt and 5watt and even turn off the speaker output if recording from DI

for £300 its has to be the best amp for the money ever lol

i cant understand how can they sell a 100watt valve amp whith all the features it has so cheap and a good sounding amp to top it all off

i was going to get the 20watt version but it just made sence to get the 100watt for how cheap they are being sold here in england.

• Upvote 1

i bought the Peavey VKII 100wat version of that head, it only costs £300 brand new :o seems like peavey are having a clear out in europe.

it can be switched down from 100watt to 25watt and 5watt and even turn off the speaker output if recording from DI

for £300 its has to be the best amp for the money ever lol

i cant understand how can they sell a 100watt valve amp whith all the features it has so cheap and a good sounding amp to top it all off

i was going to get the 20watt version but it just made sence to get the 100watt for how cheap they are being sold here in england.

I hear Ya! I wanted the the small version, it's easier for me to store, move around and such. I already have a DT50 and that's getting to be a beast to move around, lol. I love the amps though.

I was seriously looking at the VK100 and considered the tube replacement cost's and size/weight which swayed me towards the mini 20. This little sucker is LOUD, lol.

I know your enjoying that ValveKing 100!

yea in valve terms i think it works out something like 100watts is only 20-30% louder than an 30watt valve amp it's how the amp and speakers pushes the air and we perceive sound or something along them lines ..

i think the peavey VK range are under esitmated for the price alot of snobs i know will stick there nose in the air at the thought of any VK amp .. which i find odd .. think they are in the cork sniffer realm ?

i think the peavey VK range are under esitmated for the price alot of snobs i know will stick there nose in the air at the thought of any VK amp .. which i find odd .. think they are in the cork sniffer realm ?

I hear Ya! LOL. I can't say that it's as good as the DT50HD I have here but then again it's a 50w and has other features that add up too. Even still I use the DT50 in 25 w mode quite a bit and still sounds really good. What counts is that I'm happy, lol. If was trying to please everyone I wouldn't have any fun, Hahahaaaa.

hmm the dt50 is a different bit of kit though compaired to the Valveking MKII and costs more.

although im guessing the VK MKII put with a good cab and speakers would sound pritty good if you consider what other valve amps you can choose in the £299 range.

if you only have around a £300 budget to buy a new amp and was looking for 100watt head, i dont think there is a better choice of Amp Head that i can find, even more so at 100watts ? or at least that what it seems like.

unless you know of a better 100watt valve amp that costs £299 new with 5 year warranty.

i think peavey has that price point in the bag.

unless you know of a better 100watt valve amp that costs £299 new with 5 year warranty.

That's what I wanted to point out in my last post. Thanks! A 5 year warranty is killer. That warranty sold me.

I set up the VK II 20 with the HD500 and a Beat Buddy with the 3 Cable Method. I just got done making the patch for it and uploaded it to CustomTone. Sounds great now after I tweaked everything, lol.

I also have been playing with the DT50 with the Beat Buddy going into the Power Amp section and guitar into the Preamp section, nice quick setup and sounds great. This patch will work with the DT but it will need tweaking though.

Peavey VK II 20MH 3CM with Beat Buddy

3 Cable Method with the Peavey ValveKing II 20MH. Into the Peavey's Preamp, Out the Send of the Amp into the HD500's Guitar Input, Out the HD500's 1/4" Line Out, Into the Amp's Return. HD500 Setting's = Guitar In Switch set at Normal, 1/4" Out Switch set to Amp. Beat Buddy into the HD500's Aux In. Set a Dual Path and took some time to optimize for the VK II 20's Master Volume at full open, the HD500's Master full open and Beat Buddy Volume full open. Sounded good to me. I was monitoring with Bose AE Headphones out of a KB37 Studio with RiffWorks Standard as my DAW and a DT25 Cabinet (8 Ohm Celestion Speaker). I took the MSDI from the Peavey VK II 20 and recorded through the KB37 Studio's "Mic 1" and the mic gain was set around 2-3 O'clock. I had to back off the HD500's master volume to between 1 and 2 O'clock. I suppose there will always be a little tweaking with these 2 settings but I can live with that. Who knows I might get it better as I use it.

Here's what it sounds like; "Cha Cha"

Edited by Brazzy