Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x + Mesa Triple Rec

deejones

Is anyone here using the HD500x with a Mesa Triple Rec? If so...how are you using it? If you use 2cm, what way to you do it? Do you go into the amp return - and if so, what channel do you prefer the amp on in this configuration? Or do you just 2cm into the front of the amp? Do you use 4cm? 

I just got this amp and was comparing it to the pod - and I guess I have some stuff to learn about the way the amp works with the hd500. If anyone could provide some insight for me....thank you very much. 

I'm confused a bit, I didn't say anything about cable length....unless I'm missing something.

Yes, I keep it on the clean channel when using 2cm, which I prefer. I accidently changed the channel though and it was a hug volume and tone difference - so I was curious if anyone was using it this way and what they thought. 

4cm is a tonesucker, and using a Mesa Triple Rec just as poweramp sounds like wasting money. I would use the POD in front, as wahwah, booster, noisegate,... and for midi-control if needed. Put something like a used TC G-Major in the Mesas loop and you are done.

• Upvote 1

I have just started running my POD directly into a Marshall DSL100H and a Valvestate 2000 50watt,

left 1/4 out to the DSL100H

right 1/4 out to the Valvestate,

both to the front of the AMP's, POD output set to stack combo front, I am using the POD just as a FX unit, you can use the AMP modeling but your amp will change the coloring of the tone, its possible but you will have to tweak the amp model so your not over driving the tone causing cliping

I have played with it a bit now....and for sure the amp destroys the POD. Hands down, no comparison. Honestly, I just wish there was a way to use the pod for effect in the loop while using it for gate and od in the front. If anyone know of a way to do this without demolishing the natural tone of the amp, that'd be great. 
If its impossible, I'll just get another g-major or a 3dfx 2000 or something. 

Have you tried the 4CM setup. it allows you to send parts of your effects to the FX loop of your AMP, and some direct to the front of your AMP.

I did it with my JSX fairly easily....I'm not exactly sure how to do it with this amp.