Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Insight?

bsheen

Anyone have any insight on the modeling technology being used on the new Helix..  Different than the HD stuff?  Also wondering if anyone knows yet how many third party IRs can be loaded into one patch/preset.  Hopefully at least two if not three!

I know its pretty much hush hush with Line6, 

Anyone have any insight on the modeling technology being used on the new Helix..  Different than the HD stuff?  Also wondering if anyone knows yet how many third party IRs can be loaded into one patch/preset.  Hopefully at least two if not three!

http://line6.com/support/topic/14264-helix-faq/

• Upvote 1

Dear line 6. Why helix? I know this is not the idea website but, how about when you release something new, keep the same ideas and keep improing upon them.

For instance, you came out with the first pod, the bean. Then you releeased the pod xt nothing really changed other than you added usb amd what was it model packs? Personally i went from podxt to toneport ux and the model packs were the same, but then i stepped up to the hd500x and if was let down. It's like i thought i was getting more for my dollar same, effects, same amp's, cabs mics.... but what i got was, minus a few amps and plus a couple more effects

Hopefully with helix you get the entire family of everything from the past all in one great big package. Bean/podxt/live/hd ya know? Some of us are very very pateint. It's like you jumped the gun with your IDEA website and released something too soon again.

I like shopping blindly sometimes in hope thinking i'm really getting something better, but i was dissapointed.

I'm trashing my ux1. Can i transfer my ux model packs to my hd. Thats how you should work. End of story.

I think you can theoretically load up to 4 IR blocks, but if you had four amp blocks as well, that might be all you could do. I don't know if those could all be the 2048 resolution, either.  As far as storing IRs, you can actually store up to 128 IR files in the Helix for use.

I think you can theoretically load up to 4 IR blocks, but if you had four amp blocks as well, that might be all you could do. I don't know if those could all be the 2048 resolution, either.  As far as storing IRs, you can actually store up to 128 IR files in the Helix for use.

I guess the only other question I'd have concerning the IR blocks is, will they be able to adjusted for pan, level, phase, etc..

This way you could use the blocks for different mic positions for instance.  One for "on axis", "back of cab", "room mic".  

Or would you have to create your custom IR with all of these mic positions then some how dump them into one file which can be loaded into one block. 

Dear line 6. Why helix? I know this is not the idea website but, how about when you release something new, keep the same ideas and keep improing upon them.

That's exactly what they did with Helix.

For instance, you came out with the first pod, the bean. Then you releeased the pod xt nothing really changed other than you added usb amd what was it model packs? Personally i went from podxt to toneport ux and the model packs were the same, but then i stepped up to the hd500x and if was let down. It's like i thought i was getting more for my dollar same, effects, same amp's, cabs mics.... but what i got was, minus a few amps and plus a couple more effects

You have to understand that, from what I know, Helix uses a different architecture than past products. Most of the Amps and FX where done from the ground up, though some did get converted from HD to HX format. I guess Line 6 could do the same with past product libraries, but I personally wouldn't be interested since the modeling technique of those is inferior to the current HX modeling. Perhaps Line 6 could sell these as packs for those interest (given enough requests)?

Hopefully with helix you get the entire family of everything from the past all in one great big package. Bean/podxt/live/hd ya know? Some of us are very very pateint. It's like you jumped the gun with your IDEA website and released something too soon again.

I like shopping blindly sometimes in hope thinking i'm really getting something better, but i was dissapointed.

I'm trashing my ux1. Can i transfer my ux model packs to my hd. Thats how you should work. End of story.

I definitely don't see a rushed product with Helix. I mean, the final verdict will be how stable and bug free it is once it's out in the wild. But, from what I've seen so far and the amount of features packed into it, I highly doubt this has been rushed :-). And again, maybe if enough people want those previous sound they may add them to the Helix in the near future.

Take care!

Yes, one. Or if you're looking for a more transparent sound, don't use the model at all—the built in mic pre is actually really good; it's the same one found in our StageScape mixer.

That's awesome!!! I love my M20d, the mic pre's on it are stellar.