Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69 Tuning Selector Problems

Jtv69 Tuning Selector Problem.

Hi

I'm having problems with the tuning selector.

When I select Standard tuning I get Drop D tuning and often the tuning seems to flicker between drop D and standard while the indicator flickers with clicking sound heard through my amplifier. When model tuning is selected it works in standard tuning only (eg, Custom 2 model with open A tuning plays as standard tune). Tunings from 1/2 down through to baritone seem fine.

When turning the dial from drop D to standard or standard to drop D the dial does not light up although it does when switching between any of the other tuning selections. The dial does light when switching from model to standard and from 1/2 down to drop D.

Fault is the same with VDI cable as well as 1/4" cable and with or without battery.

When connected to POD HD500 with VDI cable I find that selecting custom tuning on the POD works ok.

Firmware when this first occurred was 2.10. I have tried updating to 2.21, reflashing as 2.10 and as 1.90 and have restored all the factory presets each time.

Can you suggest anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Since it works correctly when selected from the POD, I suspect that either the selector is bad or there is a bad connection on the cable between it and the main board.  You will most likely need to send it to a service center. (after checking for loose connectors)

Since it works correctly when selected from the POD, I suspect that either the selector is bad or there is a bad connection on the cable between it and the main board.  You will most likely need to send it to a service center. (after checking for loose connectors)

Thanks. This is what I was thinking as well.

Frustratingly, after spending hours re flashing it and checking connections, etc. it started working perfectly five minutes after posting the problem and raising a ticket with Line 6. Hopefully it stays ok.

• Upvote 1

I hope your problem is resolved permanently! 

I have a similar problem but with the modeling knob. I'm sending my guitar in to a service center tomorrow. I'll be sure to refer to this topic and suggest checking connections of the ribbon cables inside the unit if a pot replacement doesn't help out. Thank you for reporting back with information.