Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Speaker output mixer

randyNH

Im looking to find a good approach to what I am looklng to do.  I use the POD to track guitars and bass.  I want to use the POD to track vocals, but I have powered monitors and I would literally have to turn the power to the speakers off to track the vocals with headphones.  I am thinking some type of in line mixer to the monitors that I could simply turn down while tracking vocals and back up to listen to the take.  Can someone help point me in the right direction?

I don't think he's talking about latency. I think he means that the playback sound from the monitors is also being picked up by the mic when recording vocals, and he wants to eliminate the playback sound from the room to get only the vocal recording.

In that situation I generally just turn down the volume of my powered monitors to zero while recording vocals. The headphones continue to play the backing tracks. If your monitors do not have a level control then you will need the additional hardware you describe.

Edit: You don't need a full mixer - just something to control volume.