Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

spider IV 150 2x12 with HD500x

lcrump29

hey guys, imin the market for a new amp and ive been looking at the spiderIV 150 2x12 and the marshall mg102cfx. i currently have an HD500x and a rocktron replitone 212 and im running the 4cm now, but i see theres no fx loop on the spider is there a way to still use just the power section of the spider like i can with my rocktron or will i have to plug strait to the front....i know the marshall has the external fx loop jacks but everything ive read the spider doesnt...im wanting to keep the tone im getting from the HD500x....any opinions would be great

Buying another modeling amp to power the modeler that you already have is kinda redundant. You need power and a speaker(s). My advice, go FRFR and don't look back. Just know that no matter what you run the POD through, it's gonna require some re-tweaking to get the same tones you're getting with your current set-up.

You can bypass the Spider's preamp by plugging the output of the HD500 into the MP3/CD input on the back of the amp - note this bypasses all the controls, including (I believe) the master volume control - so all your sound adjustments woudl need to be done on the Pod.

thanks guys i was kinda leaning toward the marshall but since getting the hd500x which is my first line 6 product and im blown away by it i was gonna give their amps a look but it seems the marshall may be better suited for what i want it to do

• 1 month later...

lcrump: I am using the HD500X with their DT-25 head (connected via L6 cable) and I am very happy with the setup.  I have a small Line 6 cab for use at home (head set to low power) and a Marshall 4x12 that I leave at our practice space, so I can just carry the POD and the head back and forth.