Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DL4 clicking sounds/power issues?

I've had my DL4 a few months & have only powered it with regular C batteries(not rechargeables). Never used the line 6 wall wart or any other for that matter. The pedal seems to be operating normally when powered on by plugging a 1/4 inch cable into the left/mono input but after 10 minutes or so it begins clicking & the signal to my amp is intermittently interrupted more frequently until it eventually goes quiet altogether in another 10 minutes or so as if the batteries are low & then have no juice left but that seems like an unusually short battery life. I use the looper setting primarily but this happens in all settings. even while the clicking/cutting out of the signal to amp is happening all buttons & dials seem to be operating correctly otherwise & if a loop is playing it will continue to play uninterrupted besides cutting out with the clicks. & when I say clicking I mean audible through the amp not just originating from the pedal. I've obviously tried changing batteries multiple times & running it through a couple different amps with different instruments & different 1/4 inch cables getting the same results. I've also tried the factory reset & the issues persist. I've read similar issues posted on here by others where it seems their DL4's WILL NOT power on at all with batteries but work normally with the wall wart but I don't own the AC adapter to try that. My DL4 has been registered. I've left a voice mail to the service center listed on this site that is located nearest me to see about troubleshooting it with them & trying the AC adapter if they have it in stock. Besides any other helpful input, do I need to communicate anything to line 6 before having the authorized service center take a look at the pedal?

• 11 months later...