Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to shape your pod tone in 10'' for mix.

arislaf

It is a very easy thing to do that really sets your tone ready for mix:

After the amp, add a mid focus EQ and put HP FREQ:20% HP Q:0%  LP FREQ:92% GAIN 0-14% (depends on the amp)

It will give you a much better tone for all amps except: DOOM, ACOUSTIC, JCM 800(Old).

Try it, and let me know what you think. 

putting high and low pass filters after the cab is an old good trick which in the years I used several times too get rid of some boominess and harshness and to better focus the cab main tone..

time ago on ideascale I suggested to put also a low pass filter to the cab parameters (in addition to the already present high pass filter), in order to save a FX slot needed for the EQ, but L6 implemented that idea in Helix and not into the HD series..

I consider the MID FOCUS EQ (which contains both filters) one of the most useful FXs into the POD..

but usually I use quite different settings than yours Aris

Ι am very interested to what parameters you are using Nico. If you could share with us it would be great.

I'm curious which amps or cabs Arislaf and Nico apply these filters to? I haven't noticed a need on the amps I use (/13, Dr Z, SLO, Deluxe), with the mics I use.

The way I am using it is for any configuration. It smooth it for the mix.