Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x 4cm to a fender mustang IV v 2x12

lcrump29

hey guys i just got a fender mustang IV v2 150w 2x12 as an early fathers day gift so i can complain alot ...but i was running the 4cm with my old amp(rocktron replitone 212) but i really cant figure this one out to get it hooked up since the amp has 2send and 2return and the rocktron only had 1 send and return so would that make this a 6cm?? should i use both sends and returns or just one of each??? any help or ideas would be great

I think you are making it too hard!  Enjoy your new amp by itself first!  as to your issue, the Replitone needs a TRS plug for a stereo signal while the Mustang separates each channel to its own FX send/return,  You need two insert cables to make it work.  L+R Mustang send to Repitone return, Replitone send to L+R Mustang return.

you need 2 of these for stereo hookup:  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/STP202

lol...sorry my question was clearer...im not usingbthe replitone anymore im wanting to run my hd500x to my new mustang but im guessing ill be needing 5 or 6 cables instead of 4 because of the seperated fx jacks(left and right for each send and return)....i had a trs cable when i was using the hd thru the replitone

no, really I misunderstood for sure.  You need a regular cable from POD FX send to Mustang guitar in, 2 regular cables from Mustang L+R FX send to POD FX L+R return and 2 regular cables from the POD L+R 1/4 outs to the Mustang L+R FX return.

Seriously though, just connect the POD 1/4 outs to the Mustang L+R FX return and use it as a powered cab for the POD.  Or skip the POD and just play with the Mustang.  Too much hassle the other way for no real benefit...

i liked the 4cm with the replitone cause it had a few settings that i still liked using so i had it in the effects loop....if i figure the mustang doesnt have anyghing i think ill use ill just go into the fx return and be done with it...and thanks for the help radatats!!

• Upvote 1

ok ive tried the full 4cm and just the hd500x outs to the amps returns and the same issue is there and its on every patch...everything seems like it has alot of lows and i mean alot and ive noticedif i turn the dial on the amp to select diffrent amp presets i can hear a diffrence in my tone and its with every one of my guitars and thats with the 4cm and fx loop off or on and it does the same when running the outs strait to the fx returns...any ideas on what could be causing that....the hd settings areinput 1 guitar...input 2 variax...output combo pwr amp and 1/4 out is set to amp

I got frustrated with the tinny sound of the the stereo cable method with my Mustang IV, and I ended up just plugging into the front, with an A/B switch,  so I could bypass, and also use the amp models on the MIV..  It's not ideal, but it seems to get a better sound, than the send/return method.  I probably just need some time to do a bit of tweaking on the 500x to get a fuller sound. 

yea i thought i was goin to pull my hair out...what i ended up doing is setting up the 00 patch on the mustang to the studio/direct and turning everything down except the volume...i left it at 10 and going in the utilities menu on the amp and changing the fx loop from normal to looper and ran the left and rightouts from the hd to the returns on the amp and it sounds pretty good ill just have to tweak my patches alittle. i was on the verge of taking it back to GC but i called fender and the guy told me to hook it that way if i wanted to use the models in the hd, so there an option if u wanna try that

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i have mustang 3 v2 and connect my pod hd500 out to mustang s return. The patches in mustang are set to studio preamp nocab. I was told this is the cleanest, now, I have been mixing pods pre amp models with mustang cabs. For me it sounds better.

Try pre amp treadplate with 4x12v cab(mustang) for example. Set to amp/combo return.

Let me know if you like

ill give that a try, ive thought about mixing and matching some of the cabs. im just not sure how to go about it. do i need to add an fx loop to the chain on my hd500x or just make the change to the preset on the mustang