Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Solo Boost, Alternate Preset Mode, Smart Preset Change

freddie0815

Guys- I have filed the following firmware update wishes within  line6.IdeaScale.com

In case you are looking for these kind of improvements, too, I'll be glad, if you could vote for it .

THANKS!

Firehawk FX: Add Boost Functionality 'Switch on/off Solo Boost'  

1. Generally Change Preset Indicator LED on Floorboard Firmware from Bright Red into now Dimmed Red

2. Assign a boost level +xx dB within the Firehawk App whilst 'Boosted', also apply Default Bost = on/off whilst Preset is being selected

3. Whilst Preset is selected tap on the already selected FX-Switch for this Patch again (twice quickly). This will both enable the Boost and change the colour of the FX switch into Bright Red

4. Switch Boost off whilst tapping again on the selected Preset FX-Switch

Firehawk FX: Add Alternate Preset Mode Functionality   

1. Generally Change Preset Indicator LED on Floorboard Firmware from Bright Red into now Dimmed Red

2. Assign an alternate / modified Preset with some FX blocks defined  on/off as customized in the Firehawk App 

3. Whilst Preset is selected tap (hold for 2 seconds) on the already selected FX-Switch for this Patch again. 

This will both enable the Alternate Preset Mode (hold for 2 seconds again) and change the colour of the FX switch into Bright Yellow (OR start flashing)

4. Switch Alternate Preset Mode off whilst tapping again on the selected Preset FX-Switch

Firehawk FX: Add Smart Preset-Change Mode Functionality 

1. Default Preset Change mode is 'Hard Change-over' (as it works today)  

2. Assign an alternate Smart Preset Change mode in the Firehawk App,. This generally applies to the Floorboard functionality.

Within the Smart Preset Change Over Mode, the user should be able to define a fade-out time of the previously selected preset, once a new preset had already been selected. This will help to have a smoother switch from one preset to the next, i.e. delays of the former preset used will not be just hard cut-off... 

3. Whilst Alternate Preset Change mode is selected the Bank-up and Bank-down FX-switch LED's (if there are any..)  will turn into dimmed grey (from being off in the default setting)

Firehawk FX: Global Looper Mode Functionality 

• Upvote 1

You can do the "boost" by just jumping the fx send and return jacks and upping the db in the fx loop and assign it a switch to turn it on and off

I think personally for me I'd find it confusing, I mean how would you know if the red led was getting brighter for a boost or a different scene setting?

As for the patch changing I just want the change to be as fast as possible, having delays tail over would be nice but I don't think the processors could handle it

I'm not intentionally raining on your parade just giving another viewpoint

@mcbedall    

Hi , really appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Yes - the cable bridging is exactly the workaround I am using today.

Hence, the disadvantage is the 'abuse' of the FX loop for just the boost. OR - in case you reallywant to have some effects in the loop, you will need to switch them off one-by-one just in case you ONLY want the solo boost. Not very practical in my opinion. Stepdance...

Furthermore, the difference b/w bright and dimmed LED you have in the FX section as well, indicating whether a dedicated effect is on or off. Therefore, my suggestion would be at least somehow consistent with the current setup of the Firehawk. 

Lastly, it would enhance just flexibility. If you don't want the solo boost, just don't define it in the App, and nothing will happen.

In regards of the smart change-over: I own a Boss ME-80, which has this function already included. Works great..  unfortunatly it has some other disadvantages vs the Firehawk FX.. :-(

Cheers!

Ok I'll give it a vote

I've been having a think about how I could personally utilise what your proposing and after another look it would indeed be beneficial to me,

1) we do a folky number which I strum clean chords most of the song but I have to use a different patch for the solo/bridge the only difference between the patches I use is the volume so a simple boost function would suit it better

2) in a couple of our songs I use 2 patches the same with the only difference being the type of delay used, first patch has a reverse delay and 2nd patch has reverse delay turned off and a dotted 8th turned on, everything else is exactly the same so an A/B patch/scene setting would be great for that, but I would probably need a pretty quick way of switching as opposed to "holding" a switch

• Upvote 1