Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 POD HD500x with Analog Stompboxes

jackwort

Hi guys. I'm looking at purchasing the Line6 POD HD500x. I want to combine this multi fx unit with a few analog pedals I have and possibly also my amp distortion (marshall jcm 900). I want to keep all my nice analog overdrive and distortion sounds that I use live already but I want to then add some sweet line6 delays, reverbs etc on top of this. Can I do this with the Line6 POD HD500x and will it affect my nice analog core sound that I've already got going?

Cheers

Jack

Of course that is possible. The HD500(X) has a fairly nice Loop that is even adjustable in Send and Return Volumes.

The only real limit is the will to lug your heavy stuff around ;)

Of course, I witnessed a few pedals, that did not sound nice in the loop. But on the other hand: I tried many Pedals that did not behave well with other Pedals. So, whatever. Try it.

If your amp has a Loop you can easily use the 4CM Method. I did not like it THAT much when using it myself. But I heard others love it, so you have to try it out. Maybe just my amps were weird.

Hi guys. I'm looking at purchasing the Line6 POD HD500x. I want to combine this multi fx unit with a few analog pedals I have and possibly also my amp distortion (marshall jcm 900). I want to keep all my nice analog overdrive and distortion sounds that I use live already but I want to then add some sweet line6 delays, reverbs etc on top of this. Can I do this with the Line6 POD HD500x and will it affect my nice analog core sound that I've already got going?

If you are truly happy with your current setup and just wish to incorporate effects, check out the M-9 and M-13 as they may be much more suited to your application and easier to setup for what you want to do.

• Upvote 2

I do alot of home recording also so it would be nice to have the amp settings with the hd500x but changing over to live may be difficult. The m-13 sounds like a good idea so cheers for that. Would you put the analog stompboxes through the front of the amp and the m-13 through the fx loop?
Cheers

Jack

Reverb should be one of the last things in the chain, which means it would come AFTER the amp. which means the fx loop. 

Your pedals, those usually come before the amp, so doing it the same way you've been doing it (into the guitar input) is best. 

Now that you said you wanted to do some recording and wanted the modeling for it... 

Have you given any thought to simply using a Pod and getting rid of the old gear? 

Think about it... 

You spend all this time getting just the right tone for your recordings - why not take those same sounds on the road with you. 

Forget about fussing with more than one device. Forget about trying to hook everything up every night. Let the Pod be the sole unit. 

Why carry a Marshall and a distortion pedal (and the Pod for reverb), when you can get the Marshall model and same distortion pedal sound from the same Pod that gives you your reverb. Especially when more and more venues are demanding a 'quiet stage', and so many place have stages smaller than my bedroom - you can't have too much gear on stage taking up room. 

Use the pod and be done. 

• Upvote 1

I have tested my pedals in my home studio with my HD and they sound great.  However, there's no way I'm taking all that shizz to a gig.  It's noramally a fight for floor space as it is.

Maybe if I had a certain effect that I really wanted I might use it in the chain, but honestly...simplicity, dependability, adds to my performance.