Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Invalid Code Error 01....again!

After rolling back my Flash Memory to 1.05 I decided to get with the times and get metal shop so I re installed flash 3.02 but now I get invalid error code 01.

Here's the thing, this exact same thing happened when I rolled back and re-updated my bean xt and it now has Invalid Error Code 01 so there has to be something that the software update has done because there's no way I'll believe that this can happen twice from doing the same thing and it's a random hardware fault.

I'm connected via MIDI cable and USB and I have tried updates to the flash using both but to no avail, I still get the Invalid Error Code 01.

That's two POD Products rendered useless through using Monkey so I think Line 6 need to take some responsibility here as it's obviously a fault in the updating process which has broken something.

Neither the POD XT or The PRO were turned on any more than a few times so there is no wear and tear on them at all.

I have a band audition very soon which I need my live gear for hence why I was messing around with tones but I'm kind of screwed if I can't get my gear ready and this is paying work. 

I don't think its L6s fault for you rolling back to pre-usb firmware and then trying to roll forward but that's my opinion - I cringe when having to reflash things. Hopefully it will not be a total brick.

PODxt Family Error Codes

If you are experiencing the following error codes in the display of your PODxt device:

Invalid Error Code 01
Invalid Error Code 02
Invalid Error Code 03
Invalid Error Code 04
Invalid Error Code 05
Invalid Error Code 06

please try the following:

Try the Edit Buffer Initialization with the following steps:

1. Turn off the POD
2. Turn on the POD while holding down the Save and Edit buttons simultaneously
3. The POD's LCD screen should display Init Edit Buffer
4. Push the Output mode button
5. Turn the Select / Select Page knob one click to the right
6. Turn the Effect Tweak / Change Value knob to the left or right adjusting the contrast.

If that does not help, please try re-installing the flash memory on the PODxt device using the instructions in the following link:

Pod xt Series: Factory Reset, Reflash, and Firmware Updates

Forgot to add the "Safe Mode" reflash - usually works:

Q: How do I reflash in "safe mode"?
A: Safe mode can be used when a unit cannot be reflashed using the normal reflash procedure. Hold the first of the four black soft buttons under the main LCD screen as you power on the PODxt. Then, follow the instructions above on how to re-install the flash memory.              

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-20-podxt-family-pocket-pod-floorpods/pod-xt-series-factory-reset-reflash-and-firm-r491                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Thanks for the reply and the help method Billbee. It didn't work unfortunately, I just keep getting the error code display. The only thing that works is safe mode B but then again nothing seems to work in that either. it just does it's SRAM test which passes and that's it.

I certainly think it is Line 6's fault! I was using their software in a method that should be harmless to the hardware and the result is I get a fault which prevents me from using the product.

Rolling back and re-updating shouldn't be a problem, especially as the Flash versions are all still available on the Line 6 site and there is absolutely no warning of this possibly happening anywhere so I fail to see how it's my fault for doing something which should result in not one but two broken products. The very fact that you are weary of Flash updates says a lot about confidence in their software.

It was the fact that it happened twice that made me realise that there was something wrong with the updating process that is causing this as before with my bean I just assumed a part of the hardware had went dodgy.

I'm out of options now as I've done everything I can think of.

A shame as I was getting some real nice tones!

I am wary of flashing hardware in general - beginning in the 2000's with a Johnson J-Station - L6 stuff has reflashed reasonably well though it has taken safe mode to do it sometimes. So it has nothing to do with L6 software for a 10+ year old product. Which BTW I love the XT series still.

You can also try downloading the flash files and trying to reflash incrementaly using the from file option. Hopefully you can get something working.

-B

Thanks for all your help mate, I appreciate it. I've tried incremental installs but still nothing. I do get the UPDATING SOFTWARE.... message when re-installing but it just pops up with the error message again after I switch on and off.

Would anyone who's actually from Line 6 care to comment on this as it's quite a serious issue and not much information on it!

Thanks Billbee. I've opened up a support ticket so hopefully I can get this sorted without too much arguing.

I've also contacted the repair centre here in the UK and been quoted a £48 inspection charge just to look at the unit which I'm not happy about especially as I have two products at fault but we shall see what happens after I get an official response from Line 6.

Just an update on the actual situation for anyone else having the issue, I have tried re-flashing with versions versions of Monkey and the flash itself and nothing works.

I have one last thing to try and that is the fact that my interface (M-Audio Projectmix i/o) may have a problem with it's MIDI ports as a restore using a bundle attempt results in "Error Code 800900C MIDI device timed out waiting for a response!" so it 'could' be that and I will try it again with a friends interface when I get the chance but I doubt it is the issue as I have stated the SOFTWARE UPDATING... message appears when I attempt a Flash update via MIDI cables so there is communication there.

I will report back when/if any progress is made.

Once again thanks for all the help Billbee! :)

• 7 years later...

Please help !

https://youtu.be/a_ABSK6u6us

anybody ! How to fix it ?
Line 6 Bass Pod Xt Live won't open, constant reboot error. Restrarts every 5 seconds.
won't turn on and keep restarting...
Please Help...
burak.ozek4@gmail.com
instagram : burakozek4

Edited by iibanez_idea