Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Large Screen - Dual Mode Please!! (Ideascale votes please)

eenymason

Hi to all of you heavily anticipating the release of Helix.

My two cents FWIW:

Looks like Line 6 are on the right path with this release, with so many improvements on the HD series - and for sure Yamaha would be in agreement, otherwise they wouldn't have come to join the party.

One thing I'd love to see in one of the first Firmware updates (assuming it isn't already onboard - I doubt it is), is the ability to make full use of the increased screen real estate, and have available a mode which is LARGE TEXT so that us oldies (I know there a lot of us), whose eyes aren't what they used to be, be able to read the list patch names without having to bend or kneel down to read it.

The bonus is for the younger users out there, they can read it from the other side of the stage!!!

Please check Ideascale and vote!!!

Regards, Ian.

Interesting to see this has moved from "Active" to "In Review" in Ideascale and also a comment from Digital Igloo:

"We tested Helix's legibility extensively. Those with the worst eyesight in the building (their words, not mine) gave their thumbs up."

I only hope there are some with eyes as bad as mine involved with the process.... ;)

Thanks for the reply DI

• 8 months later...

Interesting to see this has moved from "Active" to "In Review" in Ideascale and also a comment from Digital Igloo:

"We tested Helix's legibility extensively. Those with the worst eyesight in the building (their words, not mine) gave their thumbs up."

I only hope there are some with eyes as bad as mine involved with the process.... ;)

Thanks for the reply DI

I happened across this old thread on a search for something else--but, my $0.02,

I can read Helix from where I stand, at 6' 2", but I wear progressive lenses and looking down--well, let's just say "not a chance" on reading that without looking under my glasses or taking them off.  

S.