Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Original song with 5150, SVT Bright, and 4x10 Rhino

duncann

Finished a new song, Transformative Annihilation, soundcloud or bandcamp, using the new 5150 for guitar lead and the SVT Bright with 4x10 Rhino cab for bass.

This song is about the weak nuclear force. From a human point of view, it's about leaving something behind in exchange for something new and unknown with a residual haunting memory, good or bad, of the old affecting the new. Enjoy.

Now off to get a tooth implant. Fun fun fun.

transformative-annihilation-hd500x-hd500.zip

• Upvote 4

You certainly got an exquisite style dunncan.

I really like the simplicity of the chord intervals and the parts combined make it sound elaborate.

Then you let loose with an impressive solo.

I like your stuff, musically educational! with a classical vibe

Really Well Done!

• Upvote 1

Great job there Duncann ! reminds me a bit of Greg Howe. I've only just acquired the new amps

recently and lov'in what I've discovered so far. How you finding the 5150 ? For me this amp sits

right between the Fireball, and the Dual Rectifier tone and gain wise. It really filled a gap for me.

• Upvote 1

Thanks NucleusX!

Never heard of Greg Howe before just now. The first clip I just heard of him reminds me a lot of Guthrie Govan. It's great finding out about a new, fascinating guitarist. Thanks!

The 5150 for me is a gold mine. Used to use the Soldano overdrive, crunch, or clean, but no more. What I like most about it is it's so expressive in the higher frequencies.

Might try experimenting with the Shiva next.

Thanks NucleusX!

Never heard of Greg Howe before just now. The first clip I just heard of him reminds me a lot of Guthrie Govan. It's great finding out about a new, fascinating guitarist. Thanks!

The 5150 for me is a gold mine. Used to use the Soldano overdrive, crunch, or clean, but no more. What I like most about it is it's so expressive in the higher frequencies.

Might try experimenting with the Shiva next.

You're most welcome ! He's had a pretty long and stellar career, came out around the same time as Tony MacAlpine and Ritchie Kotzen.

Looking forward to your Shiva attempt  :) That ones on my list soon too, I'm guessing itl round off much like the Uberschall. 

Guthrie Govan you say ? That man is a god ! :D

Thanks napynap. Hope you find some use for the patches. Same here about getting the whole bundle of packs. Really only wanted some in the metal pack and the bass amps, but there's not much of a choice between $100 and $100. Besides I'm finding an interesting tone with AC30 Fawn Bright.