Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Interested in swapping your JTV-69 for my JTV-59?

Hi all,

New to the forum and just took position of a clean JTV 59. The neck carve is too fat for my liking so looking for any interest in a trade and thought I would look here first before it goes up for sale. I just bought a new battery for it and everything works perfectly.

It does have light pick scratches and fret wear other than that it is ding, chip and dent free. I have all the accessories that come with the guitar. If anyone is interested let me know via PM. I will post Pics later this evening.

EDIT for Pics, Also I'm looking for a 69 in Black if possible but any color will do and preferably in the same condition as this guitar... 100% working no issues, minor fret wear, light finish scratches.   

IMG_2310_zpscshojeac.jpg

IMG_2307_zpsvfxwahzw.jpg
IMG_2305_zpsh75fu3ld.jpg

IMG_2306_zpsg8aypicn.jpg

Hey thanks for the reply! I have been playing on a carvin Cali Carve top with a 42.5 mm nut width (1 5/8") but the carve is noticeably thinner than the 59 which feels like a baseball bat by comparison. I thought about the 89 but didn't care for the body style.  

Hey thanks for the reply! I have been playing on a carvin Cali Carve top with a 42.5 mm nut width (1 5/8") but the carve is noticeably thinner than the 59 which feels like a baseball bat by comparison. I thought about the 89 but didn't care for the body style.  

If I'm not mistaken, the stock 69 neck is 41mm at the nut. I didn't think that I'd notice much of a difference...1.5mm is not exactly marathon distance ;). However, in this case it might as well be. The resulting string spacing is cramped to say the least. Made open position chords a royal pain in the arse. I lasted a month or so and replaced it with a Warmoth (1 11/16").

IMHO, this contributed to the string slippage issues that many have had with the 69's.  I think they tried to keep the spacing as wide as possible despite the narrow nut, resulting in a lot of guitars with E-strings taking a dive off the fretboard.

I had seen a post in reference to the E string slipping off the fretboard with the 69. It can be an issue for some it just depends on how much space they leave from string center to fret edge and of course your fretting hand. String spacing is standard on the Carvin @ 10mm's same with the 59. 

I looked at both the 59 and the Carvin and they are pretty much the same about 1.5mm from string center to fret wire edge. This is not an issue, for me it's more about the neck carve and the thickness from string top to the back of the neck. The 59's neck measures 24mm at the first fret to the top of the string and 25.5mm at the 12th. The Carvin measures 20.5mm and 23.5mm at the 12th.

It doesn't seem like much but when you have been playing that neck profile for a few years and pick up something that is a few mm's larger in both directions you notice it a lot. 

I haven't got any interest as of yet I will probably let it go for a few more days and look at listing on evilbay or Reverb.

• 2 weeks later...