Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Allow-footswitch-to-engage-disengage-other-footswitches/824365-23508

My idea of allowing any footswitch to set the engaged/disengaged state of any other footswitch.

Basically, you could go into your footswitch and tell it which state other switches should be when you engage it. Hit your lead boost? It automatically engages your crunch channel. Hit your clean channel? Automatically disengages your crunch and lead.

Is there an IdeaScale submission concerning setting the ohm values per pre-set?  I realized last night two of my guitars don't really like the 22ohm or 32ohm value the rest of my line-up does.  If there is I will up-vote it.  If not I will create it.  I just don't want to have the DI and his crew going through 8 ideas that are really all the same.

Thanks

Dennis

Found it ...

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Guitar-in-Impedance-and-input-pad-per-patch/800290-23508

I don't know if it matters unless Line 6 does not compile the same ideas into a singular panel.  If not then I strongly suggest looking for the idea and up voting the one with the highest points ... what I did since I found three other requests for the same thing.

Dennis

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/One-Tap-press-to-reset-mod-FX-cycle/824525-23508

One press on the Tap switch restarts the modulation fx cycle without changing the tempo itself.

Works on POD HD and I've been missing it since upgrading to Helix as our drummer uses click and I have the same tempo saved in my (per song) Helix presets but need to sync the start of the mod cycle (tremolo, flanger...) with the drums...

• Upvote 1

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/One-Tap-press-to-reset-mod-FX-cycle/824525-23508

One press on the Tap switch restarts the modulation fx cycle without changing the tempo itself.

Works on POD HD and I've been missing it since upgrading to Helix as our drummer uses click and I have the same tempo saved in my (per song) Helix presets but need to sync the start of the mod cycle (tremolo, flanger...) with the drums...

Great idea. Wasn't aware the HD was capable of this. Wish I would have known. It would be great to have predictable results when working with modulated effects, particularly the modulation on delays. But the delays' modulations aren't based on the tempo, so I don't know how that would work.

Great idea. Wasn't aware the HD was capable of this. Wish I would have known. It would be great to have predictable results when working with modulated effects, particularly the modulation on delays. But the delays' modulations aren't based on the tempo, so I don't know how that would work.

Well, for HD I only found out after submitting this kind of Idea and getting a reply from Line 6 that it already works.

For modulating delays with precise mod cycle control you'd have to place a separate mod Fx on a 100% wet delay output path (separate from the main undelayed signal path) I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest IdeaScale: Allow us to re-assign the PHONES knob as a volume controller for the USB 1/2 audio input feed - to control level of backing tracks in iTunes or iPad, iPhone etc from the HELIX.

Like a lot of people i'd like to plug an iPad or Mac into my HELIX via USB and play backing tracks etc through USB 1/2.
Trouble is this just routes the USB stereo outputs from an iPad ( or other source ) directly to the outputs where they get mixed with the guitar patch output.
Some iPad apps allow easy control of output volume - but others - when using USB as output - disable any volume controls altogether. Also there are situations in which it would be much easier to adjust the mix of backing track on USB inputs with the helix - ON THE HELIX itself.

So why not allow us to assign the PHONES knob as a volume controller for the USB 1/2 feed ? That way we can mix the audio form and iPod, or mac iTunes easily from the HELIX itself. This needs to work GLOBALLY of course. In this mode - the headphones output would be disabled. But whenever headphones were connected again the knob reverts to controlling the phones volume.

Alternatively -  allow users to **globally** assign one of the six knobs below the screen ( say the 6th one ) to be permanently controlling the volume of USB 1/2 or some stereo input pair - as above  instead of using the PHONES knob.

Latest IdeaScale: Allow us to re-assign the PHONES knob as a volume controller for the USB 1/2 audio input feed - to control level of backing tracks in iTunes or iPad, iPhone etc from the HELIX.

Like a lot of people i'd like to plug an iPad or Mac into my HELIX via USB and play backing tracks etc through USB 1/2.
Trouble is this just routes the USB stereo outputs from an iPad ( or other source ) directly to the outputs where they get mixed with the guitar patch output.
Some iPad apps allow easy control of output volume - but others - when using USB as output - disable any volume controls altogether. Also there are situations in which it would be much easier to adjust the mix of backing track on USB inputs with the helix - ON THE HELIX itself.

So why not allow us to assign the PHONES knob as a volume controller for the USB 1/2 feed ? That way we can mix the audio form and iPod, or mac iTunes easily from the HELIX itself. This needs to work GLOBALLY of course. In this mode - the headphones output would be disabled. But whenever headphones were connected again the knob reverts to controlling the phones volume.

Good idea, but the headphone volume control is out of the digital domain, so I doubt this would be possible. It's also not present on the diagnostic boot mode (4 & 5).

Good idea, but the headphone volume control is out of the digital domain, so I doubt this would be possible. It's also not present on the diagnostic boot mode (4 & 5).

if that is truly so - then my other alternative suggestion for this  would be  to **globally** assign one of the six knobs below the screen ( say the 6th one ) to be permanently controlling the volume of USB 1/2 or some stereo input pair - as above. ( i've added this in the updated ideascale )

Yes of course this would mean one less knob for tweaking parameters - but then we always have those PAGE+ and PAGE- buttons to call upon.

Tommasi Ferrares has suggested something even better than my suggestion above: When playing the guitar and using the HELIX in anger for live performance or even regular practicing or jamming at home - its unlikely that one will be wanting to tweak patch parameters "on the hoof".

So why not have TWO special "PERFORMANCE MODES" - where one or more of the 6 knobs can be set up to control things like guit in, mic in, usb 1-2 in, REVERB, xlr out, 1/4 out and maybe usb 1-2 vs internal paths mix. Like if there was some sort of Mixer.

There could be a GLOBAL PERFORMANCE mode- for example where just common mixing gets done - on the USB 1/2 inputs and patch volume out and maybe a single reverb block could be assigned to be controllable global - so we always have a "REVERB" knob we can adjust live - and maybe we could always have three TONE knobs set up - which can be assigned to either amp controls or EQ controls - as one wishes.

But as well as doing this GLOBALLY - it should also be possible to just do this PER PRESET. So if one just is using a 3 channel type preset - we can configure the knobs just for that.

Such a feature would be great for all those time when we just need to be able to quickly turn down the bottom end, add a little more reverb - or adjust the mix of a backing track or a send.

As Captain Picard would say - "Line 6 make it so"

[ Big HAT TIP to Tommasi Ferrares for suggesting this in a comment to another of my FRs ]

:)

I have added an idea regarding using "Looper blocks" as more of a looper pedal (like the Boss RC300 etc) but cannot seem to insert a link (might be my browser messing with me...)

The whole idea is to record or prerecord (yes, that would require a possibility to save the loop to a USB drive or something) a part and control it with a footswitch (either in the looper view, footswitch view of preferably I can choose wherever I want it)

Would be very handy, especially live!!

Add XLR and 1/4" outs to the sends list on the Send/Return block to prevent wasted DSP when trying to send cab sim only to XLR out, as shown here....

wasted_DSP.png

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Send-To-XLR-and-1-4-from-Send-Return-Block/827623-23508

They could also fix this by being able to route things between A and B paths more than once or more flexibly.

• 2 weeks later...

Long or double click for preset dial, to improve navigation.

As it is, the preset dial can browse through presets or lists, and, on the list menu, it can select where to go... "forward", but not backwards. How about a long click to be able to go back from browsing presets to browsing lists ? double click maybe?

Feel free to add new approaches to this idea

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Long-or-double-click-for-Preset-dial-to-improve-navigation/829873-23508

I am using a line 6 helix floor unit to control my guitar amp setup which includes a line 6 helix rack. I should be able to turn effects blocks off an on but I can't. As a work around I assign footswitches to the mix parameter but it would be much more convenient if I could just bypass it turn on effects blocks. I can do it with the helix control so why not with the helix floor unit?

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to assign more than one command to a footswitch in the command center. This way I could change the channels on both of my amp heads with one button while staying on the same preset. Right now I have to change presets to change both channels.

The rjm mastermind has a cool feature where you can link switches via groups so that when you switch on one button it shuts off another. I know I can toggle between effects using the same button but sometimes it's not a toggle situation I am looking for. Right now I have to change presets to pull off this move.

Anyway just some wishes for future updates.

Preset Global Blocks

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Preset-Global-Blocks-for-use-across-Snapshots/830335-23508?submitted=1

From the official documentation:

IMPORTANT! Snapshots make it easy for multiple blocks assigned to the same footswitch to end up in unexpected states. For example, if FS2 toggles between Delay (ON) and Reverb (OFF) blocks and a snapshot turns the Reverb on, FS2 will suddenly turn both blocks on and o together. 

Line 6 should implement a feature to allow blocks to be "preset global blocks" (their state ignores individual snapshots).

That way, if a user wants, they can use certain blocks across all snapshots and avoid wonky behavior, for example: Volume Block and Wah Block controlled by onboard footswitch. If you switch to Wah in Snapshot 1 then change to Snapshot 2, the Volume Block and the Wah Block are in broken states until you return to Snapshot 1 and correct the issue (things get even worse if you try to fix the issue from Snapshot 2 or another snapshot).

Preset Global Blocks would fix this issue since they completely ignore snapshot states all together.

Helix Cabs Mix % Control (For Bass & Acoustic DI)

Add a Mix % control for Helix Cab blocks, similar to the Mix % control in IR blocks.

This would facilitate an easy DI+Cab signal control. this is a pretty standard approach for live and studio bass, and could also be useful for acoustic guitars and other applications as well.

Currently with Helix Bass Cabs, I have to put in a parallel path with a volume block to get a mixed DI+Cab signal. I don't have to do this with Bass cab IR's.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Cabs-Mix-Control-For-Bass-Acoustic-DI/830995-23508

Please add the graphical representation of the EQ curve for the Parametric EQ to the Editor and the Helix itself if possible. It is already there for the Global EQ in the Editor so the mechanism to do it is already in place. You could just extend the same existing functionality to the Parametric EQ. The visual representation of the EQ curves on the grid as it currently exists for the Global EQ is incredibly useful.

Adding the graph to the Helix as well as the Editor for both the Global and Parametric EQ would be ideal. Selecting the EQ would bring up the graphic visual showing the curves for the EQ.

Of course, being able to bring the graphic up against an RTA would be the ultimate!

Separate volume levels for each output (if it's there, I'm having a helluva time getting it to work)

I'd like to be able to control my on stage monitor's volume through 1/4" (I can do that now with the big volume knob assign) BUT!!!! I need to be able to control XLR out volume and have not found a way to do this correctly. I posted in the forum about it so if anyone has any ideas, please give me a shout!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to make it a bit simpler to assign a parameter to a snapshot in the editor. I have put the following idea in Ideascale which also includes a suggestion on how to return parameters to their "default" value.  Feel free to make suggestions on how to better implement.  The core idea is just to circumvent the somewhat ponderous process of having to go through the Control Assign tab to assign a parameter to a snapshot.

IDEA 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Assign-parameter-to-snapshot-with-click-in-Editor/833883-23508

One click on the parameter "handle" on the parameter bar in the Editor should assign that parameter to a "Snapshot". The same as pressing and turning a parameter knob on the Helix.  A double click should return the parameter to either the default value for that effect/amp/cab or return it to the center value.

how about an ext amp switch?for changing channels on expensive 3 channel amps duh......oh if only it worked

seriously though, a user definable scale for the harmoniser would be great,my lollipop boss gt-10 has one and it works too,you can select each notes interval.

change colour of the leds on presets or snapshots.

get rid of the cheapy lollipop looking cameras for snapshots,free up more scribble space.

Midi Sync has to be prioritized higher. If the Helix can't sync tempo with other devices (like ableton) it is FAR from the command center it is marketed to be. Please vote this up! 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/midi-clock-sync-quantizing-loops-looper-sync-to-external/740452-23508

Couldn't agree more.

I bought an AX-8 because of this.

I am beginning to experiment more with my building my own tones. But when it came to things like the complex delays, reverbs and modulation devices - EVEN though i understand technically what most options and knobs do - how they actually combine to make different effects is beyond me. 

There are at least three IdeaScale  request for the ability to save and recall any effects setting for any effect, or amp. 

If one wants to encourage owners to really try and make their own tones  it would really help - particularly for those that have never owned one of the more advanced  effects with lots of options like delays, reverbs and EQs.  Line 6 could create a bunch of FACTORY presets for each effect - to show off just what each effect is capable.   And could add FACTORY presets for EQs to handle typical real-life needs - such as boomy acoustics etc..  

This would be very useful in learning what each effect is capable of.  

Here are the three  IdeaScale entries. 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-store-your-favorite-set-item-in-the-effect-library/796398-23508

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Presets-for-a-pedal/741389-23508

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Presets-per-effect/799692-23508

As normal the LED ring of the selected preset is lit when in preset mode. Now pressing the Bank Up or Bank Down, the presets flash, no problem, but the selected preset LED goes out.

My scenario..... I use 8 Snapshot mode. When changing songs, I press the Bank Down, it takes me to 8 flashing presets. I would like to see the LED ring lit for the current preset I have selected. I place presets in song order, but sometimes, song order may change, therefore; I do not like the "bank up, down" to be "Preset up or down", but i would like to see where the last preset was, because most likely, one next to it will be the one i want. Saves time from reading all the strips.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Preset-LED-ring/835460-23508

Delay mix expression (trails)

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Delay-mix-expression-trails/836019-23508?submitted=1

When delay trails are enabled, the expression control is located after the delay. So if you pull down the expression the trails cease immediately. If the expression was moved before the delay, you would continue to get repeats even after you pull down the expression pedal, which is what you'd expect if you enable the trails option. Seems like an easy enough fix.

• Upvote 1