Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

YES.... It worked. I did it a bit different than the video, I just reversed the amp learning process. I had the amp learn the switches after I programmed the Instant (lightning bolt). If you play with your amp and Helix enough you should be able to get it working. I guess the tech guys at line 6 should take lessons from Lan Eisenberg, because they said it couldn't be done. Good Luck guys!

THANKS HonestOpinion I really appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

YES.... It worked. I did it a bit different than the video, I just reversed the amp learning process. I had the amp learn the switches after I programmed the Instant (lightning bolt). If you play with your amp and Helix enough you should be able to get it working. I guess the tech guys at line 6 should take lessons from Lan Eisenberg, because they said it couldn't be done. Good Luck guys!

THANKS HonestOpinion I really appreciate it!

Wahoo, awesome!!  :)

Another one for those who want to use the Helix as a midi controller for external systems, like pedals or amps.

During gigs, everything should be automated on preset or snapshot change. But when jamming, or looking for a sound, or if anything goes wrong, I'd like to be able to jump quickly to a page where I can easily control my MIDI pedals.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Custom-footswitch-layouts/865069-23508

Auto-Calibrate and Generate HELIX Global Eq curve using a measurement or other type of mic 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Auto-Generate-Global-Eq-curve-using-measurement-or-other-mic/865124-23508

Adding a way to quickly calibrate generate a global EQ curve by making the HELIX or the HELIX editor generate a swept sine-wave from 20-20Khz and then adjust the EQ curve on-the-fly based on what is being picked up by a connected measurement microphone, or known microphone such as a Shure SM58/ Neuman etc etc or even an iPhone or iPad mic - or the mic in a Mac - would be really useful. 

IK Multimedia sell such a room-measurement system along with a plugin is designed to be placed in the Master channel of a DAW - to calibrate a home or pro recording studio. But this is expensive. 

But a google search reveals that measurement mikes are available for as little as £39 ( from StudioSpares UK ) and these days its possible to just compensate for different mic characteristics so a range of mics could be supported

• Upvote 1

Think I might be a little "special" but I can't seem to post my ideascale links here. I try to copy and paste it in the body, I try to use the link button. Doesn't work. Appreciate the help!

You should just be able to cut and paste the link. If that doesn't work try an alternate browser from the one you are currently using: e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE.

Don't know if this was posted or not...

One thing I hope that Line 6 will do in the future is not have to make the ext amp switching assignable to one of the switches. Storing the state in a snapshot or preset would free up the switches for other things. I use a friedman amp and while I can do the channel switching, I have to use up 2 footswitches to do it. I'd like to be able to save the ext amp's state per preset or snapshot and not assign it to one of the switches.

I would love to see the unused switches in looper mode be assignable to a FX block. This would allow me to stay on the looper mode and have access to a lead boost without having to tap dance.

An alternative that would also be useful would be to be able to assign necessary looper controls to stomp switches. In my solo gigs, I never have had need for the 1/2 speed or reverse controls. Would be nice to free up that space for other things like a boost or whatever...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Model Presets - presets per effect model type

•  

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Model-Presets-presets-per-effect-model-type/870115-23508?submitted=1

For any effect-model in a patch - allow the user to select from a list of factory presets for that effect model - or be able to save the current settings for the currently selected effect-block as a new effect preset and have that added to the list of presets.

Often - for a complex effect that one may never have used before one simply isn't aware of all the possibilities in which that effect can be used. And being able to simply switch between a collection of pre-built settings - each that have a name - would be a useful and creative way of exploring the full potential of any effect - be it a chorus, compressor, delay etc..

• Upvote 2

Model Presets - presets per effect model type

•  

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Model-Presets-presets-per-effect-model-type/870115-23508?submitted=1

For any effect-model in a patch - allow the user to select from a list of factory presets for that effect model - or be able to save the current settings for the currently selected effect-block as a new effect preset and have that added to the list of presets.

Often - for a complex effect that one may never have used before one simply isn't aware of all the possibilities in which that effect can be used. And being able to simply switch between a collection of pre-built settings - each that have a name - would be a useful and creative way of exploring the full potential of any effect - be it a chorus, compressor, delay etc..

Voted! Btw, there is an Idea that has been out there for a while effectively advocating the same thing you are. The idea has been enthusiastically endorsed with 645 votes last time I checked. I hope this one gets implemented at some point. The other idea is: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ability-to-save-default-blocks/741187-23508

• Upvote 4

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/USB-multichannel-output-through-sends/871298-23508

USB multichannel output through sends

The ability to assign the "audio interface" part of the unit to default USB 1,2,3,4 to Sends 1,2,3,4. 

The idea is to allow users to have their DAW output something like click, cues, and backing tracks through the Helix (USB 1,2,3.4) and out to the 4 Sends without the need for additional hardware and without taking up unnecessary real estate in a patch.

This is sort of done now with USB 1/2 being able to be sent out directly to the 1/4", XLR, and Digital outputs. This would be an expansion of that concept allowing additional USB audio channels to be directed through the Sends as well.

• Upvote 1

I would consider the Mystery Filter an autowah also. Take a look at the Deluxe Flanger too, I think that's the one or maybe it's the Dynamix, which has an envelope filter, which can create a wah effect with a flangerish flavor.

It has two, the "Mutant Filter" and the "Autofilter"

I would consider the Mystery Filter an autowah also. Take a look at the Deluxe Flanger too, I think that's the one or maybe it's the Dynamix, which has an envelope filter, which can create a wah effect with a flangerish flavor.

Thanks duncann, make that three and three quarters options for autowah (envelope follower, envelope filter, 'wah'tevah)..

I would really like to see an extra parameter for the SPDIF IN so it can be made to act like a word clock input on the Helix Floor. Likewise, I believe the AES OUT needs a timing fix, as I occasionally lose clock on the recipient device. I would also like to see Guitar to MIDI/USB added, so that Helix can be used like a MIDI keyboard for a soft synth. An FX block modeled after the Morpheus Droptune would be very welcome too. 

Friendly bump. Still would like this.

Global reverb level.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Global-Reverb-Percentage-amount/799771-23508

I upvoted it but I also added this comment;  

I like the general idea but maybe change it to a Global Reverb Compensation. I think that it should be a +/- 100% so that you can globally add more or reduce the reverb. The way it is now in your proposal, you can only add to the reverb (0-200%).

• Upvote 1