Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

Good call!!!

If i reference the way Boss does it, 100% is what is in the patch. 0 is reverb off. Essentially -100%. And 200% is like doubling.

Thanks for commenting, i hope it adds clarity to what i was thinking.

Friendly bump. Still would like this.

Global reverb level.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Global-Reverb-Percentage-amount/799771-23508

It seems to me that the big difference between a device like the Helix and the Boss GT5 in regards to this sort of thing is that the Boss has a dedicated slot for reverb, so tying to a global control would be pretty easy to program. With the Helix, you can multiple reverbs per preset, and they can be in any position on any path... So it just seems like it would be tricky to sort through all of that. Would probably more doable to have something like a global reverb block that could persist through preset changes.

• Upvote 1

The idea of a Globally acting Reverb Bias adjustment could be very handy.

It would be up to the Line 6 software engineering team to determine how best to implement the feature. Perhaps a new Global Reverb Bias Parameter (Dual state; On or Off) could be added to every Reverb Block. This could be set to "On" by the User should they wish that Reverb Block to be affected by whatever value the Global Reverb Bias control may be set for.

Voted up the IdeaScale submission and posted the above as a Comment.

I wish the main large screen could just display a large image of the preset name when using live. The routing does not need to be on screen live and a large preset name would be great!

HudsonHawk, put this on IdeaScale to be sure it gets on Line6's radar, and is also seen by more users! After you do, copy the link to your IdeaScale submission and post it here in this thread.
  • Upvote 2

Can´t login to my Ideascale account and their recover password don´t work!

Can someone tell them that their recover password don´t work.

Or give me an email address that I can reach them with!

Thanks

Dan/

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for but you can contact them directly via a support ticket or phone here: http://line6.com/support/tickets/

I made a submission.

I'm a bass player, and living without my Boss OC2 is nearly impossible. Especially when playing with Paul Young.

Could you help me get it.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Boss-OC2-Octaver-PLEEEEASE/890993-23508

What does the Boss OC-2 do that you can't do with the current pitch effects on the Helix?

• Upvote 1

well it's tough to describe. It's not a matter functionality since the OC2 is obviously simple. But the tone you get seems "weightier" + "juicier" for the lack of a better term.

Off course it has something to do with how the octave is voiced, and I dont see any way of changing that in the Helix. If you know the OC2 on bass and knows how to make the Helix sound like that, I would appreciate your suggestions.

Even better, make a model that gets the tone. I'm sure you can :-)

Bring back Variax Bass sounds using Helix

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Bring-back-Variax-Bass-sounds-using-Helix/891339-23508

Myself I am a happy owner of a Variax 705 bass. Sounds fantastic, and gives me great flexibility. But since it is highly unlikely that we will see another Variax Bass, my idea is to use Helix to resurrect the Variax Bass sounds back from the dead :-)

I would like to simply have an Metronome build in/Software!

Thats it. For learning licks, everytime in the right time....And maybe with funktions like : Play 5 % faster after 3 minutes practising.

That would be awesome!

Hi, new to the forum. I have an M13 and seriously considering upgrade to a helix.

Only issue for me is the lack of synth/filter models. I use the obi wah and filters a lot on M13 and it looks like they aren't included on the helix. Is there any possibility they will be added in a future update? Thanks

Add additional slots for IRs

Vote it up here:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Add-additional-slots-for-IRs/892101-23508

Added the following to the description for this Idea in response to a question in the comments from DI:

"...a very flexible solution would be adding the ability to designate any of the Helix's eight setlists as either a "Setlist" or an "IR list"."

New Feature Suggestion: Monitor In Global Setting

I currently use in-ear monitors via the headphone out jack. To do this I have to use 1/4 of the available paths to set up a dummy signal from the mic input.  It would be nice to have a setting that would eliminate the need to do this. Maybe add "Mic In" to the Headphones Monitor.

The next level would be full monitoring with a mixer for external monitor signal, guitar, and vocals.  This way, if there are not enough monitor mixes, one could take a general mix from the monitor in then mix in guitar and vocal.

• 2 weeks later...

Add Performance/Snapshot Mode to Editor

(with option to organize setlists in banks)

I'm running the editor from a touchscreen laptop with the Helix LT some distance away, and I would really like a Performance mode (with a keyboard shortcut) to switch presets, either live from the laptop to adjust parameters remotely (via USB) or on the laptop where the remote is under the desk to save space in my apt.

I'm sure this will be a feature in Native, but we need it in the Editor as well...

Tr

Try the current bassman amp with a true bass cabinet.

Thank me later.

Tried it already and loved it!! I don't want a new bassman, just the current bassman to be available on bass amps also ;)

Tr

Tried it already and loved it!! I don't want a new bassman, just the current bassman to be available on bass amps also ;)

Well, since you can dial it up anytime you want, why would they need to do this? I don't understand. So you go to guitar amps to get it... big deal...