Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

So some things to address an issue I had a bit of a battle with last night.

- At least 12 instant messages. I trigger loops on a GCX switcher to change with my snapshot presets and I have 8 loops plus 4 channels on my amp each of which runs on it's own TRS jack. 6 instant messages just doesn't seem enough. 

- Being able to use CC Toggle commands in instant messages 

- Being able to apply CC Toggle commands and other commands to footswitches that are in snapshot mode (being able to apply a CC Toggle to a snapshot would mean I could trigger and amp channel change for each different snapshot based on a lit/dim state, meaning I don't have to give up 4 stomp slots to change amp channels. 

The midi in Helix is awesome, just feels like it needs more opportunities to utilise it's full power.

Might there be an interesting joint-venture opportunity with Midi Solutions to create a Helix specific version of their Event Processor Plus (giving you the opportunity to trigger up to 32 different out going midi events with one incoming event)??

• Upvote 1

Oh And another one from me.

A bigger floor controller.

Something like the big RJM floor board. With freely assignable pedals. So they can be whatever you want

More snapshots just assign them

More preset access just assign it

More stomps... just assign it.

Also giving it a couple of 9v outputs so you could run a couple of pedals without having to create a pedal board with dedicated power supply. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would like to submit a suggestion for an envelope follower. 

Somehow tie in an input sensitive controller that follows your dynamics to control the parameters on any effect or block. So, like an envelope filter, you can control the attack, decay, threshold, input sensitivity, range, and whether the effect opens up or down. 

I would love to apply a comprehensive follower to things like delay tails, tremolo depth and speed, pitch shifting and so on. 

Would be great to be able to attach the envelope follower control to the expression output to control outboard gear too. 

Thanks for listening. 

-J

• 2 weeks later...

Option 2 prevent existing snapshots saving new block in ON state

Currently if I add a *new* block - say Ganymede - the bypass-state for that block stays always ON for all snapshots, even if I turn the the bypass OFF for that reverb block before saving the preset. 

I'd prefer to be able to insert a Ganymede block & have that block be OFF for all snapshots by default. Up to now I have to laboriously go though each snapshot - one by one - turning off the block then saving that snapshot.

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, neuk01642 said:

Oh And another one from me.

A bigger floor controller.

Something like the big RJM floor board. With freely assignable pedals. So they can be whatever you want

More snapshots just assign them

More preset access just assign it

More stomps... just assign it.

Also giving it a couple of 9v outputs so you could run a couple of pedals without having to create a pedal board with dedicated power supply. 

If L6 bought out something like HELIX Control - that worked like HC but had - say 18  stomps instead of the current 12 - AND.... could operate as a really god MIDI foot controller - 

with "on steroids" features - i'd consider switching to a HELIX rack instead. 

The more one gets into the benefits of scribble strips - particularly with the options of the Control Centre being able to control remote devices ( and apps in iOS ) the more one realises - at least I DO..  that I WANT MORE!    GIMME MORE SCRIBBLE STRIPS!!  :) 

• Upvote 1

I currently have presets with no snapshots, 4 snapshots and 8 snapshots.  I am constantly switching the 'Preset Mode Switches' as I use the different presets.  It would be nice to be able to have an option in the presets to enable the 'Preset Mode Switches' to the desired setting.

Please consider.  Thanks.

Vic Loher

• Upvote 1

I see this is an older topic but It would be nice to at least be able to mimic a piano/organ/cello ect…  with the helix. Some songs we do have some small parts that this would be great for. Has anyone seen any update info if this will ever happen. or a place I can cast a vote. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, olivierthibaut said:

Hello, 

I would like to have a block “feedback generator” like the Digitech Freq Out pedal or like the Feedbacker of the Boss GT100 to play with feedback at low sound level.

I agree you have my vote. Have been needing this for a while. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dwayneline6 said:

I see this is an older topic but It would be nice to at least be able to mimic a piano/organ/cello ect…  with the helix. Some songs we do have some small parts that this would be great for. Has anyone seen any update info if this will ever happen. or a place I can cast a vote. 

Most of the really amazing things you can do with the kind of thing are easily attainable with additional toys.

Here's some magic with a POG2 and MEL9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFCbOgKPaHw

On 8/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, withnogenes said:

I'd really like to have a block with a metronome.

Search ideascale first and then vote up the one who has most votes unless you need some specific that is not in that idea.

Here is what you found if you search for metronome on ideascale

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?templateId=0&query=metronome

Here is the most upvoted.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Metronome/791914-23508#idea-tab-comments

Unfortanetly people DONT search before they want something in Helix so there is tons of double posts especially for amps and effects instead of voting up existing ones.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, olivierthibaut said:

Hello, 

I would like to have a block “feedback generator” like the Digitech Freq Out pedal or like the Feedbacker of the Boss GT100 to play with feedback at low sound level.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:57 PM, dwayneline6 said:

I agree you have my vote. Have been needing this for a while. 

Same as above search ideascale

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search?templateId=0&query=feedback

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Feedbacker/741209-23508#idea-tab-comments

On 8/22/2018 at 2:01 AM, simmerswitch_ said:

Old Blood Noise Endeavours 'Alpha Haunt' pedal

(am I doing this right?)

No you have to create a user at Line 6 ideascale so other users can vote up the idea

https://line6.ideascale.com/

But first SEARCH on ideascale if someone else have already posted the same idea

You see the search option above, the categorys

Then post a link to ideascale here so everyone who hangs here will be aware of that idea.

So if noone else have posted your idea enter you pedal name there and you will see if someone else wanted that pedal aswell so vote that pedal up instead of create a double post.

Most people dont get that so the ideascale is full of double post.

And while your there look in the Helix column and vote up things you want to be added in Helix and again use the search column

11 hours ago, dbudday said:

Would it be possible to add a notes section to each patch either in the editor or on the unit?

I'll add this thought.

I've always been real careful about my naming convention so that I don't need this, ever since the first modeler I ever had that had names instead of numbers (ToneLab SE I believe).

So, for instance, I have a patch called A+_Li_Ot_Tc_Schm

Just at a glance I know this patch is for my Anderson Atom, the + means it has an acoustic path for the power bridge, Li means it's the Litigator Amp, Ot means it has an Optical Trem, Tc means there's also a Trinity Chorus in there. And Schm means that it has a "schmaltz" channel (which for me is a reverb-only signal that incorporates my external POG2 and Mel9 and sounds like a synth pad, either by itself or underneath it all.

Come up with a workflow that makes that possible and it will serve you well.

• 2 weeks later...

Please update the rotary model. The legacy one sounds OK, but could use a major improvement. The Strymon Lex or the EHX Lester G (the one I use) are great sounding pedals... plus, when switching from fast to slow and back, the speaker ramps up and down. That, IMO, is such an important feature in a leslie simulation.

Would also love a MI Audio CrunchBox or Mooer Cruncher model too! And/or a JHS Angry Charlie or AT pedal.

Lastly, would love it if the custom names that I come up with for a stomp location that toggles between the two effects on one switch would also toggle between the custom names rather than the "active" effect name going dim. As well, toggle between the two active colors... again, rather than one going dim.

6 minutes ago, cmerlo said:

Please update the rotary model. The legacy one sounds OK, but could use a major improvement. The Strymon Lex or the EHX Lester G (the one I use) are great sounding pedals... plus, when switching from fast to slow and back, the speaker ramps up and down. That, IMO, is such an important feature in a leslie simulation.

Would also love a MI Audio CrunchBox or Mooer Cruncher model too! And/or a JHS Angry Charlie or AT pedal.

Lastly, would love it if the custom names that I come up with for a stomp location that toggles between the two effects on one switch would also toggle between the custom names rather than the "active" effect name going dim. As well, toggle between the two active colors... again, rather than one going dim.

The HX rotary models ramp up and down between the slow and fast settings, and there’s even a parameter to control the speed of the ramp.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

The HX rotary models ramp up and down between the slow and fast settings, and there’s even a parameter to control the speed of the ramp.

I just realized that there are new models for the rotary. I wasn't looking under "stereo". Oops! Thanks for the heads up

So, scratch that suggestion, but I'd still like a CrunchBox/Angry Charlie. And that toggle/name thing :)

Could you add the ability to add some simple notes to a patch? For example, I'd like to be able to add notes like: "best with les paul" or "use strat 2nd position". Also could add notes about which which snapshots to use during different parts of the song.

Having the ability to store some txt notes with each patch would be useful.

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, stevenpcharles01 said:

Could you add the ability to add some simple notes to a patch? For example, I'd like to be able to add notes like: "best with les paul" or "use strat 2nd position". Also could add notes about which which snapshots to use during different parts of the song.

Having the ability to store some txt notes with each patch would be useful.

Thanks.

I would suggest to you that even if you could add notes, you can't see them while selecting patches from a list playing live, so...

...you might want to incorporate those things into a patch name.

For instance a typical patch for me might be...

A+_M_Uv_Schz.

That tells me it's for my Atom (A), that it has a chain for my power bridge (+), that I use the Matchless amp, that the modulation is the UniVibe, and that it also has a channel of "schmaltz" (which is my slang for all-wet reverb with normally some POG2 and Mel9 added as a "synth pad" which can be used by itself or alongside the other sounds).

You can do a LOT with the patch name besides coming up with something clever. (nothing wrong with that, tho).

• 1 month later...

After reading the sticky note above about corrupted patches messing up the Helix(!!) my request is that they add a standard checksum to the patch file format and have the editor reject it when the file is corrupt.. 

Hopefully the existing patches have a header with a patch version so that a change like this could still be compatible with the existing patches. 

Far more difficult would be to have the Helix editor sanity check the patch..

Two (or even better, single) rack space containing all of the effects but excluding amps/cabs.  Same physical hook ups as well.  Kinda' like an Eventide Eclipse or TC G-Force, only easy to program, and lots more combinations of effects as the current Helix can do.  That's how I use the rack version now.

42 minutes ago, MikeDV1 said:

Two (or even better, single) rack space containing all of the effects but excluding amps/cabs.  Same physical hook ups as well.  Kinda' like an Eventide Eclipse or TC G-Force, only easy to program, and lots more combinations of effects as the current Helix can do.  That's how I use the rack version now.

U mean like a single space rack-version of HX Effects? Interesting...

But mentioning it here doesn't add it to idea scale. you have to go there and do it.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, PeterHamm said:

U mean like a single space rack-version of HX Effects? Interesting...

But mentioning it here doesn't add it to idea scale. you have to go there and do it.

Yep, that would be it.  Not sure what you mean, or what I need to do...

Hello I post here my desire. Can you add please a FA message to synchronise the fX plugged with the helix.

This message is send only one time when you set tempo send on midi. But it is important to synchronise the FX together...

This has probably already been asked and is buried in this post somewhere, but how about more control over the number of snapshots when in snapshot/stomp mode. I like using stomp mode and having all my effects at my disposal to easily turn on/off...... I only need 2 snapshots.. one for clean amp and one for dirty amp... I put them on different paths and then go 100% A on clean and then 100% B on dirty amp.   

In this configuration I essentially lose to footswitches. I know that I can just assign effects to turn on and off with those other footswitches via two additional snapshots, but that adds quite other annoying level of complication to each patch.

Beyond this (and the new way the 6 switch looper operates), the Helix is wonderful. 

6 minutes ago, JeremiahEdward said:

This has probably already been asked and is buried in this post somewhere, but how about more control over the number of snapshots when in snapshot/stomp mode. I like using stomp mode and having all my effects at my disposal to easily turn on/off...... I only need 2 snapshots.. one for clean amp and one for dirty amp... I put them on different paths and then go 100% A on clean and then 100% B on dirty amp.   

In this configuration I essentially lose to footswitches. I know that I can just assign effects to turn on and off with those other footswitches via two additional snapshots, but that adds quite other annoying level of complication to each patch.

Beyond this (and the new way the 6 switch looper operates), the Helix is wonderful. 

Here's a wacky tip, and you'll need to learn how MIDI works to make it happen.

You can make a patch that actually sends midi commands to switch snapshots, then hook a MIDI cable out and back in on Helix.

Then, you can literally have ONLY two footswitches you lose if you only have two footswitches.

But there's other ways that you can switch amps in one path with only ONE foot switch very easily, too. What you describe doesn't have to be done with snapshots, but can be done with volume blocks. or even just using a foot switch to turn the channel volume of one amp up and the other down and vice versa.

• Thanks 1

Welp... color me intrigued. That's brilliant. I was looking for a small form factor midi pedal to accomplish the same task. It never would have dawned on me to try what you're suggesting. That method will be implemented as soon as I get home. 

28 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

Here's a wacky tip, and you'll need to learn how MIDI works to make it happen.

You can make a patch that actually sends midi commands to switch snapshots, then hook a MIDI cable out and back in on Helix.

Then, you can literally have ONLY two footswitches you lose if you only have two footswitches.

But there's other ways that you can switch amps in one path with only ONE foot switch very easily, too. What you describe doesn't have to be done with snapshots, but can be done with volume blocks. or even just using a foot switch to turn the channel volume of one amp up and the other down and vice versa.

Hi, I've just posted an idea for improving the effects loops so they don't use up any effects processing slots.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/An-eco-mode-effects-loop-that-use-no-processing-slots/941635-23508

I'm using the HX effects, so I have 9 effect blocks to play with, but I use two of these up with two separate effects loops for my analogue gear.

I understand the effect loops have some cool features, but I never use them and never will with my set up. The loops go to my pedals and if I want them on I just use the pedal switch rather than take up one of the HX switches.

I would really like the option of effect loops which are just simple in and out points that can be put somewhere in the signal chain. No gain, mixing, trails or foot switch options at all, just an in and out.

And as such no need to take up an effect processing slot. They could appear on the user display as a dot in between the processing slots, just like the start / end points of path B, so there would be no need to add any extra pages to the display either.

This would free up 2 processing slots and make the HX a lot more flexible.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a way to toggle MIDI PC commands and LED's

Example... Helix --> MIDI --> Source Audio Ventris

The Ventris is a really great reverb pedal, but my eyes are not great and standing up playing, it's hard for me to distinguish which preset is active if the reverb engine LED's are close. For instance, Hall and E-Dome are right next to each other. If i have Hall with a short decay and E-Dome with a suuuuuuuper long decay, that can cause some issues if I have the wrong one activated.

I see in the Command Center.. there is CC toggle.. Dim LED={SomeValue} Lit LED={Some Other Value} and you can toggle in between these two values to make something happen

So, CURRENTLY on the Ventris I have a light room verb on preset 1 and a washed out verb on preset 2 and two footswitches on the Helix to send PC1 and PC2 to switch back and forth between them.

This works fine except there is no visual feedback on the Helix to tell you which preset is activated. Those huge light rings are a godsend to someone with poor vision like me.

So something like this... LED is dimmed, its on preset 1 on the Ventris... Click the footswitch on the Helix which toggles and sends PC2 command to the Ventris and actives the LED ring. Click the footswitch again and it sends PC1 command and dims the LED ring. 

Is that possible?

HX Effects: Change Led color in Preset mode. I know we can change the color of the LED of each snapshot within a preset but it would be nice to change the single preset color from red to one of the other colors. 

Edited by tknight1979
Added HX Effects

• 2 weeks later...