Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

3 hours ago, tron2012 said:

Add to the HX Stomp the support  for 1 Expression pedal + Dual Footswtich like the Boss FS-6 at the same time

pretty sure that part of it is impossible. Only two EXP/FS connections possible. If you need more, look into MIDI stuff like Morningstar.

I Wish for Log and exponential curve options for expression pedals on Helix. Linear is not right for so many things audio...

Put option on Helix so that when a footswitch is pressed it "selects" the first effect on that switch sending its parameters to the dials on the unit for quick editing while gigging. Otherwise you have to touch a switch first to select - then dial - a lot to do while playing!

Would also love that if you hold a switch down it opens the edit parameters on the switches (like Headrush)

18 hours ago, Propower said:

I Wish for Log and exponential curve options for expression pedals on Helix. Linear is not right for so many things audio...

You can't currently do exponential, but you can do either linear or logarithmic on the Volume pedal.

18 hours ago, Propower said:

Would also love that if you hold a switch down it opens the edit parameters on the switches (like Headrush)

You can do this. Hold down "MODE" and select the FX block you want to edit. now you can edit with your feet.

Add Command Center and ist MIDI functionality to the HX Stomp

The request is described and submitted to IdeaScale in detail. I think that Amp and Pedalboard guys will find exactly these MIDI functions attractive. Just because of the channel switching via MIDI. Or controlling other midi-capable effect pedals (like Strymon).

The fact that the HX Stomp has only 3 switches plays less of a role in my humble opinion, since the control is usually done by selecting a preset or a snapshot and does not have to be assigned to a switch.

Here is the link:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/A...o-the-HX-Stomp/947305-23508#idea-tab-comments

It would be great if as many people as possible could vote for it!

I've added an new Idea:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Digitally-lock-volumes-of-Volume-and-Phones-knob/947692-23508#idea-tab-comments

Please add the possibility to virtually lock the Volume and Phones knob in the global settings. I've seen people putting tape to lock the knobs or other caps and so on. But we have a digital unit I'm sure there is the posssiblity to lock them in the software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dshow said:

I've added an new Idea:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Digitally-lock-volumes-of-Volume-and-Phones-knob/947692-23508#idea-tab-comments

Please add the possibility to virtually lock the Volume and Phones knob in the global settings. I've seen people putting tape to lock the knobs or other caps and so on. But we have a digital unit I'm sure there is the posssiblity to lock them in the software.

Page 3 of Global Settings:Ins/Outs has some control.

Set the volume knob to only control the output you are not wanting affected. You can do the same with the Headphones Monitor to an extent.

Just submitted an Ideascale to address an issue I’m having

For one of our songs, we have a sustained super wet intro/outro.  I have it set up on the B path, with the A path the dry signal.  I’m using the expression pedal to smoothly switch between the two in the mixer block so that A is 100% on toe down, and B is 100% on heel down.  The effect I’m going for is that the tone just transitions from the wet to the dry, but what I’m getting is more of a wet fade out, then a dry fade in.  What I really need is a crossfade option for the mixer.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Path-Join-Mixer-Crossfade/947789-23508

Go Vote!

Thanks

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 8:27 PM, notoriouspud said:

USB out/in block similar to an effects loop block.  Needed for Loopy or FX apps badly!  

Yes - Yes - YES

Please upvote this idea I made for this 3 years ago:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/SEND-Block-to-more-places-e-g-1-4in-for-easy-IR-bypass/818624-23508#idea-tab-details

We need this - not more amps.  We have had plenty of those in the last 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Helix LT changing presets in Stomp Mode is completely in the dark.  Display barely outputting any light and bank buttons all completely OFF.  

Seems bizarre production must add $40 Little Lite to reliably see buttons on $1000 floorboard.  Especially when it already has plenty of built in LEDs.  

And yeah, both log/linear volume pedal settings do nothing for my (and others) swell playing.  Sweep curve adjustment would solve this nag…

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Stomp-Looper-always-available-via-MIDI/949989-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

Added an idea to save a block in HX Stomp with compromising the UI.

HX Stomp is limited to 6 blocks, though since it based on a single DSP chip from Helix is should be capable of more.

One way to do this would be to make the looper always available via MIDI control so that you can save a block on the looper if you have a MIDI capable footswitch.

So there's been a lot of hub bub about a lack of undo and the response for a couple years now is "The editor program is just a remote control and the unit itself has no undo therefore  the desktop editor doesn't either."   I will give you that to put undo into the Helix firmware/hardware is likely difficult and expensive.  However putting undo in the editor is not.

When a user brings up a preset.  Cache the entire preset's setting in an array of preset objects in memory.  As changes are made to blocks in the editor and sent to the,  update the array in memory.   I would update the array any time a block object lost focus and there were changes from the previous instance of the object.  Index 0 is the preset at the start.  Index 1 is your first change etc.  It would not be difficult to program for that in the editing software.  It would give users of the editors the ability to undo even though the actual unit can't.   If a user selects undo Grab the highest index in the array and send it to the Helix.  That would in effect "undo the last change".   If you wanted to get fancy you could allow for "Re do" as well, just walk up the index of the array, sending the changes to the Helix as you step through the array.   So it is possible.  It just needs to be prioritized.  Those using the editor expect it to behave like a normal desktop app and when it doesn't there's frustration.   Those editing on the Helix itself would expect it to behave like a rack unit where, yup, undo is a bit spotty or non existent.     That's my suggestion to help improve the user experience.  This is a great unit.   I just think a small tweak to the desktop editor as I've outlined above would improve the editing experience especially for tone tweakers.   Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll eventually make an IdeaScale post or see if it's already been requested, but here goes anyways:

I'd love to see an emulation of the Digitech FreqOut pedal. I think it's a rather underrated pedal, and goes way beyond your basic feedback squeals for 90s-style soloing. Here's Pete Thorn showing some of the more interesting things you can do with it:

Being able to control this effect with a footswitch hold/release as well as the option of the expression pedal would be fantastic, since that's not something that can be done with the real pedal. Incorporating this into the Helix's signal routing flexibility would be A M A Z I N G.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm also going to add a suggestion in Ideascale for a Victory Super Kraken head. One of the neat features besides the nice clean channel that was added over the regular Kraken, along with the 100 watt power section, is the Preamp Focus. It's basically a modified Tube Screamer circuit built into the amp that can be switched onto any channel of the amp. Some folks have said they got rid of their Precision Drive pedals because it works so well as a modern metal overdrive.

• 3 weeks later...

I've added a new idea.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/L-R-Swap-Parameter-for-FX-Loop/952056-23508?submitted=1

Would it be possible to add an "L/R Swap" parameter to the FX Loop blocks? With snapshot assignments, we could then switch between the left and right FX Loops using only a single block. And on the HX Stomp, each block can be quite precious.

In my particular case (which I talk about a bit here: https://line6.com/support/topic/44442-blocks-required-for-fx-loop-lr/) this would allow me to switch between a short delay and a long delay that I never have on at the same time. I suspect it might be convenient for other uses as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all ,

I've just added a suggestion for the HX stomp to allow disabling of direct monitoring (both in the main input and on the aux in)  when using the Stomp as an audio interface. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Stomp-Add-options-to-disable-direct-monitoring-for-Inputs/952701-23508?submitted=1

Anyone else think this would be really useful ? 

hard to navigate this ideal scale site, wish it had a better dashboard, but i'll take what i got, something IS better than nothing. 

I've added 2 items 

1- paremetric eq that works like fabfilters pro q or the stock pro logic X eq.   ( pro logic offer 5 points that can zero in on any frequency) the current para EQ in helix is "locked" into a range limiting use.   in order to hunt down offending freq for a guitar you could have to load up multiple eqs to hunt down 3-6 K issues.  this should save of blocks being used and dsp. 

2- DI emulation blocks, I like to see something done here.  or improve the signal strength of the DI.    but even adding a radial emulation of a countryman. 

not sure if these are already on the go.  

1) Tap/Tuner Access in Snapshot view.  A double click or click and hold assigned to one of the buttons would do it

2) an output vu metre page 

3) a delay/reverb block... 2 in one.  The H9 has this... works great.  Even the Strymon El Cap has reverb too.

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.con

• 2 weeks later...

I find the input gate to be inadequate for high gain tones,

I'd like to have the option to choose between the normal gate and the hard gate,the latter being better for high gain,at the input stage

Also the tuner,I'd love to be able to access it with a long press of any button

A combined overdrive/amp block would be handy. 

The ability to have a combined Amp/Cab block where you can split a signal from between the amp and cab and send that to an onstage amp

Combined reverb/Delay block

I would personally find these changes very useful. 

Hi,

I have helix LT and I want play on guitar with backtracking on helix lt. Please tell me step by step what i have to do to plug my mp3

(smartphone with mini usb and output jack 3.5) to helix lt. When I try to connet my smartphone output - jack 3.5 - return helix lt  - 

sound is not good (it's downbeat, subdued). Where and how I have to set my helix lt to get good, realistic HD:) sound.

Thanks

Hello,

More than anything, I would love to see a 40 band equalizer. I love to tweak tones to death but I don't like chaining the 10 band EQ with a half dozen or more parametric EQ blocks to get what I am searching for. I'd settle for a 10 band that lets us put our own band values in place (285hz or 9730hz etc....).

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, mritt said:

Hello,

More than anything, I would love to see a 40 band equalizer. I love to tweak tones to death but I don't like chaining the 10 band EQ with a half dozen or more parametric EQ blocks to get what I am searching for. I'd settle for a 10 band that lets us put our own band values in place (285hz or 9730hz etc....).

Thank you.

If you need that many bands, there has GOT to be a better way. Seriously...

11 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

If you need that many bands, there has GOT to be a better way. Seriously...

I'm obsessed with tone matching (with the help of spectral comparison) and I like to avoid IRs because they sometimes sound overly digital.

Just now, mritt said:

I'm obsessed with tone matching (with the help of spectral comparison) and I like to avoid IRs because they sometimes sound overly digital.

You think IR would sound more "fake" and "digital" than 40 freaking bands of EQ? No offense... but... seriously...???

9 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

You think IR would sound more "fake" and "digital" than 40 freaking bands of EQ? No offense... but... seriously...???

I don't see why a 40 band would sound any more digital than the included 10 band EQ. As for tone matched IRs created using software like Ozone etc. they do have a strange artificial, electronic-fizz associated with them that almost sounds like mp3 artifacts to an extent. That's kind of a crappy way to describe it, but its the best I could do. To each their own. 

10 hours ago, mritt said:

I don't see why a 40 band would sound any more digital than the included 10 band EQ. As for tone matched IRs created using software like Ozone etc. they do have a strange artificial, electronic-fizz associated with them that almost sounds like mp3 artifacts to an extent. That's kind of a crappy way to describe it, but its the best I could do. To each their own. 

I think that is an insane amount of EQ that is better served by judiciously applying a few bands of parametric here and there. Too much use of an EQ like that would indeed make it very easy to make an artificial sterile sound.

I assume this is for studio recording?

8 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

I think that is an insane amount of EQ that is better served by judiciously applying a few bands of parametric here and there. Too much use of an EQ like that would indeed make it very easy to make an artificial sterile sound.

I assume this is for studio recording?

Yeah, it would be generally for studio type use. Most tweaks would be lost in a live mix. I really miss my ART 231 EQ which I sold about a year ago along with my other rack stuff when I purchased the Helix. It was a great piece of gear.

1 hour ago, mritt said:

Yeah, it would be generally for studio type use. Most tweaks would be lost in a live mix. I really miss my ART 231 EQ which I sold about a year ago along with my other rack stuff when I purchased the Helix. It was a great piece of gear.

tbh, though, studio guys use parametric EQ for such things, not 30+ band graphics. I know that the EQ in Logic, for instance, is VERY powerful and is really all I would ever need in terms of bands.

1 hour ago, PeterHamm said:

tbh, though, studio guys use parametric EQ for such things, not 30+ band graphics. I know that the EQ in Logic, for instance, is VERY powerful and is really all I would ever need in terms of bands.

Some old farts like me are stuck in our ways unfortunately :)

Multiband Distortion / Overdrive

I would like to have a multiband distortion / overdrive effect in Helix.

Minimum 3 bands, adjustable cross-over frequencies, selectable distortion type and settings for each band.

Would make this much easier:

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/double-best-line-6-helix-tone/?utm_content=article1-image&utm_source=insync&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190615-T1

• 2 weeks later...

Raise a Helix to be 

unflattered 4-outs USB-audio interface

in just one option in Global Settings. Welcome to a different mixes for Mains/Headphones without losing DSP path.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Add-USB-3-4-to-a-Headphones-Monitor-in-Global-Settings/958806-23508

With this feature Helix can be the only one audio interface in 95% of home project studios. Yeah, of course you can do USB 3/4-Headphones transfer using main screen DSP path for it. But that's very sad to be strictly limited to use only half of DSP power for guitar processing when the second half of DSP is just routing.

Let it be!

Screen-Shot-2018-11-17-at-7.08.36-PM.png

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/STOMP-AUXin-setting-to-Headphones-ONLY-not-feeding-MainL-R/951072-23508

STOMP: AUXin setting to Headphones ONLY (not feeding MainL/R)

The AUXin Headphone mix uses the Main L/R path, so the only way to isolate the AUXin is to run ALL blocks on a B Path to Send Out to FOH. You lose the use of the Main L/R out.

Having an isolated AUXin (to Headphones) will allow the use of click/que/sequence tracks without feeding the other outputs. Possibly as an addition to Global settings.

Please vote up, Thanks!

26 minutes ago, karlkaminski said:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/STOMP-AUXin-setting-to-Headphones-ONLY-not-feeding-MainL-R/951072-23508

STOMP: AUXin setting to Headphones ONLY (not feeding MainL/R)

The AUXin Headphone mix uses the Main L/R path, so the only way to isolate the AUXin is to run ALL blocks on a B Path to Send Out to FOH. You lose the use of the Main L/R out.

Having an isolated AUXin (to Headphones) will allow the use of click/que/sequence tracks without feeding the other outputs. Possibly as an addition to Global settings.

Please vote up, Thanks!

I see why this would be useful, but I doubt that it's possible from a hardware perspective. From my understanding, the headphone amp taps off of the D/A converter for whatever output its monitoring.