Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

Idea: functionality to change the parameters of one block and be able to copy the changes to every preset where that same block is used.

descripton: so i have north of 20 custom presets, there are a few blocks that i use across all or most of them, for example eq, compressor, ir, wah, amongst others. From time to time i will try a tweak in one of them and find an awesome setting that i would like to copy to every preset that has that block.

i dont know anything about coding, but from a UI point of view i think it would work this way: most likely it will only work on HXEdit, so when you right click on the block you just changed you can select ‘copy to multiple presets’ then a popup asks a)‘copy to presets which include the same block?’ Or B)‘select presets’. if you select a) then the software finds which presets already have the same block and provides a list where you can select via checkboxes which presets to send the changed block to (or select all). If you select b) then the system just gives you a list of all your presets and you can select which ones to send the changed block to. - this way you can even put a block you found works really well into any preset that might not already have it.

why?: time saver mainly, and ease to update your existing presets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ramosric said:

Idea: functionality to change the parameters of one block and be able to copy the changes to every preset where that same block is used.

Has been requested as in a "global block" functionality a bunch of times already. Boss' GT-1000 has it, FAS' Axe FX has it, too. Would be great to see on the Helix.

And at least in a certain way, it should be easy to implement (you can kinda "hack" it with an external MIDI controller).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Has been requested as in a "global block" functionality a bunch of times already. Boss' GT-1000 has it, FAS' Axe FX has it, too. Would be great to see on the Helix.

And at least in a certain way, it should be easy to implement (you can kinda "hack" it with an external MIDI controller).

I think it's coming in 3.0 "Favorites" or some such. Also, I think at the basic level, you'll be able to set your own default settings for all blocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

I think it's coming in 3.0 "Favorites" or some such. Also, I think at the basic level, you'll be able to set your own default settings for all blocks.

But that's an entirely different thing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

But that's an entirely different thing.

Yeah, but you open the preset, go to the block, and select "default" and wham. I think actually automatically changing every single instance of Cosmos Delay in every single one of my presets, or something like that, would be 99% useless tbh. 

2 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

I think actually automatically changing every single instance of Cosmos Delay in every single one of my presets, or something like that, would be 99% useless tbh. 

You may think that. I would use that function *all* the time. As would others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just adding some ideas to the list here, humble requests if you will.

Marshall Mode 4 head and cab

More bass amps and cabs and pedals, 

More eq options

A block memory of some sort, so when i use that same block somewhere else it keeps the same settings without needing to copy paste a million times.

I feel like the seek wah doesn't really work that well, zoom did a really good version of it in their gear, maybe fix that please?

Polyphonic please?

Model some reverbs please, there are alot of great reverbs out there.  Or make more reverbs with fewer adjustments.

A helix expansion bay for more effects loops, I'm using all of mine (for bass pedals) but i could use a few more.  I would be willing to buy an external piece of line6 gear (I'll spend more money for this).  Maybe something that could connect through usb? Or the variax port, or something.

17 minutes ago, molul said:

You should post them on ideascale. They won't be considered if you only post them here :(

Gotta say that the most upvoted things on Ideascale are completely irrelevant to me. Usually it's all about new amps and stuff.

11 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Gotta say that the most upvoted things on Ideascale are completely irrelevant to me. Usually it's all about new amps and stuff.

Totally agree. I understand the Helix amp simulation is a really strong point, but I only use the device as a multieffects unit, so I'm not interested in more amps. I submit ideas for weird effects from time to time.

Polyphonic stuff (tuner, synths, pitch), however, is what I'm more lookinig forward to see on a future update. 

11 hours ago, molul said:

Totally agree. I understand the Helix amp simulation is a really strong point, but I only use the device as a multieffects unit, so I'm not interested in more amps. I submit ideas for weird effects from time to time.

Polyphonic stuff (tuner, synths, pitch), however, is what I'm more lookinig forward to see on a future update. 

Well, while I certainly wouldn't mind some more esoteric bits, the most interesting thing for me is usability. 2.9 is a nice step forward already, but I could still come up with plenty of ideas regarding the handling side of things.

Oh, and I'd really love to see modulators such as input level, envelopes and LFOs. That could bring plenty of synth-alike things to the table without adding some actual FX.

I would really love up to 6 snapshots on the HX effects. Honestly, when I'm in snapshot mode, it'd be nice to have an option where the bank up and bank down could go away, and you have 6 snapshots, and use the mode exit button to get out.

Alternately, even if the snapshot mode wasn't changed having 6 snapshots, we could use the HX Snapshot button assignment to get access to 6 snapshots in stomp mode.

I would really love up to 6 snapshots on the HX effects. Honestly, when I'm in snapshot mode, it'd be nice to have an option where the bank up and bank down go away, and you have 6 snapshots, and use the mode exit button to get out.

Alternately, even if the snapshot mode wasn't changed having 6 snapshots, we could use the HX Snapshot button assignment to get access to 6 snapshots in stomp mode.

• 2 weeks later...

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Switcher-w-stereo-main-ins-stereo-loops-stereo-main-outs/987670-23508?submitted=1

HX Switcher: w/ stereo main ins, stereo loops, stereo main outs

Imagine an HX Effects with no effects where all the blocks are insert blocks (that are also stereo). People who currently aren't interested in the Helix / HX line will be interested in this. Since no other company offers a switcher with the ability to rearrange the fx chain that is ALSO full stereo, front to back, and the basic foundation for one already exists in the Helix / HX family is there anything standing in the way of this happening? The success of the Boss ES-5 / ES-8 units are proof there is a market.

I am an EQ tweaking fanatic. Since my idea of a 30 band EQ (like my old ART unit) was poo-pooed, how about you take off the limits on the parametric EQ. Keep everything the same just go 0-20khz for the low, mid and high frequencies so I wont have to use multiple EQ blocks (extra DSP) if I want to tweak 3 lower or upper frequencies.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:07 PM, mritt said:

I am an EQ tweaking fanatic. Since my idea of a 30 band EQ (like my old ART unit) was poo-pooed, how about you take off the limits on the parametric EQ. Keep everything the same just go 0-20khz for the low, mid and high frequencies so I wont have to use multiple EQ blocks (extra DSP) if I want to tweak 3 lower or upper frequencies.

Thanks.

yes yes! parametric EQ that allows each band to work anywhere from 20 to 20k

• Like 1

Hi everybody, here are a few ideas:

EHX Small Clone Chorus: 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Small-Clone-Chorus/987311-23508

The rest of the modes of the Rectifier...Green Clean/Pushed, Orange Vintage, Red Raw:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Dual-Rectifier-Green-clean-and-pushed/987290-23508

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Dual-Rectifier-Orange-Vintage-Mode/987288-23508

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Dual-Rectifier-Raw-Mode/987289-23508

Tremoverb: 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mesa-Tremoverb/987296-23508

Swap Power amps:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Swap-power-amps/987295-23508

Swap distortion pedal diodes:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Drive-block-clipping-diodes-swap/987291-23508

Noise gate sidechain: 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Noise-gate-sidechain/988209-23508

(Gate is placed after the amp but is triggered to open remotely by the clean guitar DI)

Heavy octave effect:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Heavy-octave-effect/988214-23508

(Does an octave down, but monophonic, works with chords, doesn't do an octave down with notes higher than a D4)

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see you replicate the Stutter effect that Eventide has available in the H9.  It's a preset within their UltraTap algorithm.  Super inspiring and the only effect I miss since switching to the HELIX.  

Thanks!  

• 3 weeks later...

I would like the ability to assign a shortcut using two footswitches on the Helix Floor to switch setlists.  Currently, you have to bend over, click the preset joystick (which broke right away on the first Helix I had gotten, leaving me stuck), and go through a list.  I'd like something where you can just hit 2 switches at the same time, and it will take you to the next setlist, first patch. 

For me it would be a big step up if I would have a looper that is  locked to BPM.

I am referring to a musical situation where electronic music is played on a specific BPM,

and to use a looper from Helix you need to specify the BPM in order to be able to record the loop properly

Like a digital delay with 100% feedback.

In electronic music, this would be GOLD.

I just added this request on idealscale: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Use-3-knobs-on-HX-Stomp-to-change-parameters/990026-23508?submitted=1

It would be great to use the three knobs below the display to tweak parameters on the fly, here are few examples:

For example on a delay:

- Delay Time

- Delay Amount

- Feedback

For Over Drives:

- Volume

- Tone

- Drive

For Chorus

- FX amount

- Delay Time

- Rate/Depth

I'm not sure how one could select a block to tweak on the fly, but one pedal I ALWAYS tweak is my Maxon AD999 Delay. I love the ability to just use my foot to change parameters to match a song, or sound. It's simple and it works. Would love it if HX Stomp could do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

They have been mentioned already, but I STRONGLY would like to see the following stomps added:

- Digitech Frequout (what a pedal!)

- Digitech Trio (or plus, and honestly it could probably be a less than complete version... as long as it gets you there)

- literally Any TRULY POLYPHONIC-TRACKING HARMONY/PITCH/SYNTH module(s).

- A more feature-laden looper. In a product this complete, to have a looper that is no better than my $40 Ammoon mini looper pedal is just sad, although it's nice to have multiple buttons.  To be a proper performance/oriented looper, it MUST have a track save/playback option, and it MUST have 2 or 3 phrases that can be switched between, and at least 2 tracks.  That's hardly rocket science these days - it's available software, heck there is even open source software that does it.  If this requires 2 or even more spots in my virtual helix pedal chain, so be it.  As long as there is an option for a proper, performance oriented looper, then it's a sacrifice/choice the end user can make if desired.

I would love to have more flexibility in Output selection via a selection checklist.  Currently (unless I'm mistaken) if I'm sending my chain to two outputs I can (for example) select one  and only one specific Output for one path (say XLR), and Multi Output for the other (to basically send it everywhere else).  What I would prefer would be to have a checklist for each Output so that (for example) I can send one to XLR and Headphones, and the other to 1/4" (or everything else).

On 7/11/2020 at 2:15 AM, cheekybeermonk said:

Is there a submission to be able to configure at a per preset level whether to use Stomp or Snapshot mode so you can mix and match ?

With the 2.92 update, you can assign Snapshots to footswitches in Stomp Mode in the Command Center.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, shhrnsyzwn said:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Allow-Trails-on-Return-block/991834-23508

Sad that the Return block doesn't have the option for Trails like an FX Loop block does. Having trails be available would be a godsend!

If there is a send somewhere that feeds that device, just turn on/off the send instead?

On 7/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, PeterHamm said:

If there is a send somewhere that feeds that device, just turn on/off the send instead?

Yea, that's how it's done in recording studios and live... on a mixer, you leave the return up and the fx in the loop and just control the amount from each track that gets the delay/verb with the send on that track, and when you turn the send all the way off the trails continue and the original continues without effect.

Can something like that be done in helix instead?  I would think so, just how it is now, right?  just change what the button controls?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, donkelley said:

Yea, that's how it's done in recording studios and live... on a mixer, you leave the return up and the fx in the loop and just control the amount from each track that gets the delay/verb with the send on that track, and when you turn the send all the way off the trails continue and the original continues without effect.

Can something like that be done in helix instead?  I would think so, just how it is now, right?  just change what the button controls?

Actually, I just thought about it. Trails on an FX return is functionally impossible anyway. That's why it's not there. Think it through.

7 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

Actually, I just thought about it. Trails on an FX return is functionally impossible anyway. That's why it's not there. Think it through.

Why? Isn't there a way to run the return in parallel?  If not, then yes, I agree.  IF it can be run in parallel mode, though, then you could control output TO the return with a volume block before it (or similar), both in your 2nd path, and leave the rest of the signal blending with it so, whether or not you allow signal to go to the return, you still get your sound coming through the 1st path.

You would have to set your reverb or delay pedals within the fx return (The actual pedals) to be full effect, no source, for it to work properly... otherwise your volume would increase when you sent signal to the fx return since the fx return would also contain the initial sound of your instrument and it would sum with the 1st path (which doesn't leave your helix box)... assuming your pedals don't invert polarity, in which case it'll nullify and make it horrible sounding or nearly silent, depending on phase accuracy.

Instant tuner activation rather than hold to activate. 

A function that has been bothering me live is that usually with a stomp box my tuner would activate immediately when pressed. Where as with the helix I have to hold the button to activate it. This can be annoying when trying to tune up quickly during songs.

9 hours ago, samwellmillar said:

Instant tuner activation rather than hold to activate. 

A function that has been bothering me live is that usually with a stomp box my tuner would activate immediately when pressed. Where as with the helix I have to hold the button to activate it. This can be annoying when trying to tune up quickly during songs.

Except... it's functionally impossible because that footswitch is shared with the tap tempo function.

2 hours ago, vpera said:

Variax doesn't have the kind of functionality required to make that happen. It only sends audio from the guitar to the Helix, even over VDI.

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2020 at 3:49 AM, PeterHamm said:

Except... it's functionally impossible because that footswitch is shared with the tap tempo function.

yea, it goes without saying that it would require remapping that functionality for the guy's suggestion.

1 hour ago, donkelley said:

yea, it goes without saying that it would require remapping that functionality for the guy's suggestion.

well, there is another reason this wouldn't work.

It would be WAY too easy to hit the wrong pedal and mute your whole sound during a song. 

That would not fly during a live performance at all.

• Upvote 1