Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

I have an idea called the HX Block.  

what it is similar to an HX Stomp with 3 foot switches but it it only has 3 blocks. 10-20 fx bank; but with the ability to preview and buy fx in an online store. Only FX, no amps or cabs as most people will use it with an amp or interface onto an amp sim. In the store you hit a button to preview and play it then the option to buy it for say 5-10-15$ depending on the complexity of the FX. You can switch out fx in the editor 

the idea is to scale back the HX stomp only for the FX and create an online store to expand its potential, giving the user a sense of true customization. 

what I want is more fuzz options like a Swollen Pickle, Perseus and Conquistador fuzz along. I’m willing to pay for a very accurate emulation of them to be able to use a small few on a pedal. 

I would like the CustomTone site to have filters for IRs or the Variax. I use neither and would appreciate being able to filter out the noise. Conversely, I would imagine that IR or Variax users could select to filter those into the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

These three spectacular amps that would broaden the sonic palette:

Bogner Shiva clean channel - Beautiful cleans and plexi crunch sounds

Fryette Deliverance 120 MKII - Ultra versatile amp that stays open and articulate no matter what

Two-Rock Jet 35 - Dumble-style amp with a unique tone - very vocal / violin like with exceptional transmission of the pick attack

• Upvote 2

I would love the option to reverse polarity on an FX loop block. I have a pedal in the FX loop that reverses phase, and im running it on path B (and inversing the polarity in the mixer) which allows me to run a wet/dry setup with no phasing issues... but I'd love to be able to do this without running separate paths.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jonahlane said:

I would love the option to reverse polarity on an FX loop block. I have a pedal in the FX loop that reverses phase, and im running it on path B (and inversing the polarity in the mixer) which allows me to run a wet/dry setup with no phasing issues... but I'd love to be able to do this without running separate paths.

+1 for phase inversion option. I'd imagine it to be an option on the gain block.

The loFreq of the parametric eq should be adjustable in 1Hz steps up to 120Hz instead of 100Hz. The reason: If you use a real closed back cab it has a resonance frequency of slightly above 100Hz. Mesa cabs about 103Hz to 106Hz. Currently the eq is not well equipped for fine tuning at these cab resonance peak frequencies.

• Upvote 1

Hey!

There are some ideas I just posted in Ideascale. Please, Vote UP!!!

Expression pedal through HX Stomp MIDI:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Expression-pedal-through-HX-Stomp-MIDI/950892-23508

Bas Pedals:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Bass-pedals/950908-23508

Tone Sovereign Effect individual ON-OFF:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Tone-Sovereign-Effect-individual-ON-OFF/994561-23508

HX STOMP - Toggle Expression that is sent via MIDI CC#:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-STOMP-Toggle-Expression-that-is-sent-via-MIDI-CC/995384-23508

Thanks!!!

Luis

• Upvote 1

Here's a request I posted today about removing the limitation on the number of amps in an HX Stomp preset: 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Please-remove-the-limit-of-only-2-amps-per-HX-Stomp-preset/995797-23508

And here's another from a year ago about adding more Tech 21 SansAmp models:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Tech-21-SansAmp/959408-23508

A feature pretty easy to implement that I'd love to see is some way of clearly identifying mono vs. stereo paths or blocks in the signal flow view, for example using a double line for stereo paths, or showing some warning sign when a stereo path is collapsed to mono.

• Upvote 2

I'm new so if I'm doing this wrong I'll delete, and my apologies. 

I'd like the option to "connect" a send to its respective return internally without having to jump them with a cable. This opens up some flexibility with routing that I'm doing now with jumpers but would leave the jacks free for other presets. Also, as an LT user it would be handy to have access to the extra loop the Floor has for use as these "internal routing" points which would prevent another issue I'm facing. Hope this makes sense. Also if this is already possible please let me know.  

Also, I saw others mention a more visually representative UI particularly for the EQ's and Comps which would be great. However if that's asking too much I think it would be nice to have the option to rotate the sliders in the UI 90º at least for the graphic EQ where it seems more intuitive to me. I realize it's in the ears, but it is called a "graphic" EQ after all.  

Q controls for low / high cut on the EQ blocks as well as the cab and IR block.

Emphasizing the cut frequency using Q higher then 0.7 empowers one to get rid of rumble / sizzle / fizz of a miced amp sound but retaining the overall frequency balance.

Making a sound sit in the mix is pretty straight forward with this. I use it in the AxeFx all the time.

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2020 at 3:43 AM, jceepe said:

Hope to have the Protein Drive in 3.0

6 hours ago, jestaudio said:

please can we have a decent voice box effect, the legacy one pants , 

Hi guys,

I hope you realise that posting in this thread is not really enough - your ideas will probably be overlooked in here - the proper place for feature requests/suggestions is Ideascale, but please make sure that others haven’t already asked for the same thing, because it will split the vote. Then you just have to hope that other users vote it up.

Link:

https://line6.ideascale.com

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi guys,

I hope you realise that posting in this thread is not really enough - your ideas will probably be overlooked in here - the proper place for feature requests/suggestions is Ideascale, but please make sure that others haven’t already asked for the same thing, because it will split the vote. Then you just have to hope that other users vote it up.

Link:

Hope this helps/makes sense

thanks

• Thanks 1

Be able to easily set up DAW controller footswitch controls to apply quickly to presets/snaps without having to modify each one.

Either where you can paste a tone into a preset which has DAW controller, or to be able to paste DAW controls into a preset. 

Alternately, you could put Helix into "recording mode" or something and you lose the ability to change tones, but your current tone now has full DAW compatibility.

You couldn't change from Clean to Driven to Delayed, but you could get your Clean tone and have all the DAW functions. 

Then you could get your Driven tone, hit "record mode" and then you've got DAW control for your driven parts. 

Guitar to midi

Using Midi Guitar 2 by Jam Origin in my DAW with Helix as the interface and it's awesome, great polyphonic tracking that opens up the world of software instrument plugins to guitar. Also can use it to trigger samples, loops, midi commands... Endless

I think Helix could do this, pretty please! …3.0

Check out Midi Guitar 2, free trial that just interrupts every 3 minutes.

https://www.jamorigin.com/

Please vote up on ideascale:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Guitar-to-midi/987960-23508

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a search and favourite facility similar to the one found in the Native Instruments's Guitar Rig, for Helix Edit and Helix Native. It makes sense!

Also, good visual metering for compressors and gain stage, with the options for choosing different types of dB standards (VU, -18db, -13db,  Crest, etc...).

• 2 weeks later...

I have three wishes for now. In order of importance for me.

1. I'd REALLY REALLY wish for the Cosmos Echo to be able to go down to 0 MS instead of 150 so it would be possible to use it as modulation. That would be so cool. I've been looking for a pedal that can do that thing well, but it's pretty much only the Generation Loss that I find that I think does it well enough on demos I've seen, but the Cosmos Echo does it great too, the way I want it too, but I cannot use it without latency, which sucks. It has to be pretty simple to change that, right?

2. Maestro Brassmaster fuzz! My old UX2 with GearBox has the "Bronzemaster", which is really cool! I wish they added that one, or a new version of it to Helix! I still plug in my UX2 just to get that effect on recordings sometimes.

3. Sunn Model T amp model (Both Original and Reissue)

3 hours ago, Tjernell said:

I have three wishes for now. In order of importance for me.

1. I'd REALLY REALLY wish for the Cosmos Echo to be able to go down to 0 MS instead of 150 so it would be possible to use it as modulation. That would be so cool. I've been looking for a pedal that can do that thing well, but it's pretty much only the Generation Loss that I find that I think does it well enough on demos I've seen, but the Cosmos Echo does it great too, the way I want it too, but I cannot use it without latency, which sucks. It has to be pretty simple to change that, right?

2. Maestro Brassmaster fuzz! My old UX2 with GearBox has the "Bronzemaster", which is really cool! I wish they added that one, or a new version of it to Helix! I still plug in my UX2 just to get that effect on recordings sometimes.

3. Sunn Model T amp model (Both Original and Reissue)

You do realise that posting this here is not enough - you actually have to post your ideas/request onto the IdeaScale site to be voted on.

Find it here:

Ensure that nobody else has made the same request, and if they have you can vote it up.

You mention 3 items - therefore you need to make each one a separate post, because more people will vote for single things rather than a multi request.

Then you can post here to let other users know what you have asked for, and they can vote for it if they like the idea.

Hope this helps/makes sense.