Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

Not to sound disrespectful, rizzy (I get what you'd like to do), but IMHO, the Helix Native plugin would be way more handy for what you want to achieve. You wouldn't need to reamp, just apply the plugin and automate whatever you want, press play and listen. And if you didn't like something, you can change whatever again and not having to record again thru the hardware (it would already be in the mix).

Helix Native is a blessing for me. It's only $99 if you own a Helix device, and you can even grab it for less money if you wait for a sale. I think mine costed $60-something with the summer discount. Having the ability to create a preset on either my Helix LT or the Native plugin, and exporting/importing them when I'm sure it works as I want, is just too good.

Also, if HX Edit was released as a plugin, I guess it would cost something. Not as much as Native, but I doubt it would be free if they have to program all the automation stuff.

My honest advice: get Helix Native whenever possible. It's a great plugin for guitars and basses. And it should make things way easier than reamping through a Helix device.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rizzy said:

I don't own the Native software and would like to be able to automate things while reamping through the hardware unit using the HX Edit GUI as a Plugin. I don't want to buy HX Native and think this way would be easier than to set up dedicated MIDI controllers in a DAW. It would be like doing automation you'd do within Native but using the Hardware unit. This possibility does not exist in the suggested way right now. 

Ah! now it becomes  a little clearer. You don't have a copy of HX Native, and as you say in the comment above, you "don't want to buy it"!. Therefore you must think that Line 6 should drop everything else they are working on, and devote time, energy and other resources to come up with a variation of software that they already have created - then give it to you for FREE! Good luck with that one.

Anyone who owns a HX product ( Rack, Floor, LT, Stomp or Effects) can buy HX Native for $99.99. Sometimes there are deals when even that price may be dropped by 30%. Maybe it's time to invest in something that can do what you ask, and more - but free - it ain't gonna happen.

Have fun

51 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Ah! now it becomes  a little clearer. You don't have a copy of HX Native, and as you say in the comment above, you "don't want to buy it"!. Therefore you must think that Line 6 should drop everything else they are working on, and devote time, energy and other resources to come up with a variation of software that they already have created - then give it to you for FREE! Good luck with that one.

Anyone who owns a HX product ( Rack, Floor, LT, Stomp or Effects) can buy HX Native for $99.99. Sometimes there are deals when even that price may be dropped by 30%. Maybe it's time to invest in something that can do what you ask, and more - but free - it ain't gonna happen.

Have fun

I never said it should be free. I said I don't want to buy Helix Native as I have the hardware unit and it would be cool to automate it using a plugin dedicated to that. How you are getting to the conclusion that I think Line 6 should drop everything else and whatnot is beyond me.

3 hours ago, molul said:

Not to sound disrespectful, rizzy (I get what you'd like to do), but IMHO, the Helix Native plugin would be way more handy for what you want to achieve. You wouldn't need to reamp, just apply the plugin and automate whatever you want, press play and listen. And if you didn't like something, you can change whatever again and not having to record again thru the hardware (it would already be in the mix).

Helix Native is a blessing for me. It's only $99 if you own a Helix device, and you can even grab it for less money if you wait for a sale. I think mine costed $60-something with the summer discount. Having the ability to create a preset on either my Helix LT or the Native plugin, and exporting/importing them when I'm sure it works as I want, is just too good.

Also, if HX Edit was released as a plugin, I guess it would cost something. Not as much as Native, but I doubt it would be free if they have to program all the automation stuff.

My honest advice: get Helix Native whenever possible. It's a great plugin for guitars and basses. And it should make things way easier than reamping through a Helix device.

All good. I totally get where you guys are coming from. I just thought it would be cool to have another option on the table for the non Native users.

57 minutes ago, rizzy said:

I never said it should be free. I said I don't want to buy Helix Native as I have the hardware unit and it would be cool to automate it using a plugin dedicated to that. How you are getting to the conclusion that I think Line 6 should drop everything else and whatnot is beyond me.

I don't think you realise quite how strange this all sounds.

"I don't want to buy Helix Native as I have the hardware unit and it would be cool to automate it using a plugin dedicated to that."

What I, and others, have been trying to get across to you is that the dedicated plug-in is already available, but you don't want buy it?

What is anyone supposed to think when you state that, even though you have the Helix hardware (and therefore qualify for the discounted price) you still "don't want to buy Helix Native"?

As you don't want to pay for an already existing solution, and as HX Edit is free, it might seem to indicated that you are asking for a modified free version of HX Edit. Where would that come from? Somebody has to spend time on it, it wouldn't just drop out of the sky, and there would be cost implications.

"I just thought it would be cool to have another option on the table for the non Native users."

Er... hello, why? Non of this makes sense. All this to re-invent the wheel.

Jeez, it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

I'll chime in here and say that I agree with rizzy. It's not simply about the additional cost. Native takes up DSP headroom in your recording app. Freeing up DSP is one of the main reasons why using outboard gear is still part of the typical workflow in the age of plugins. For example, I have a outboard Lexicon unit that I use all the time because it saves me a bit of DSP headroom, and it has a VST plugin that does nothing but control the Lexicon so that its settings can be recalled when I load up a project, and so I can automate it. It's not a foreign or new concept (I bought it over a decade ago), and yes, there are Lexicon plugins that are available, and that I have, and use all the time, but I still use the hardware unit in almost every project because it allows me to use DSP headroom elsewhere (often for Lexicon VSTs).

And yes, I have Helix Native, and use it often,  but if there was a VST plugin that could be used to just control my LT, then I could fully integrate my LT into my recording workflow the same way I do with the Lexicon. As it stands now, the LT is a great tool for tracking, and can certainly be used during the mixdown phase as long as you're mindful of saving your presets, but if there was a VST that just controlled the LT, then it would just automatically recall the right settings when I load up the project.

I'm all for it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, zappazapper said:

I'm all for it. 

Fine.

I still think it’s nonsense, and as it probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon, I was simply making “rizzy” aware of the current option.

As for Native guzzling DSP in your DAW, I have seen a comment from Digital Igloo about one of his projects running over 20 instances of HXN without any issues. Your mileage obviously varies. Each to their own.

Hope this makes sense.

54 minutes ago, zappazapper said:

I'll chime in here and say that I agree with rizzy. It's not simply about the additional cost. Native takes up DSP headroom in your recording app. Freeing up DSP is one of the main reasons why using outboard gear is still part of the typical workflow in the age of plugins. For example, I have a outboard Lexicon unit that I use all the time because it saves me a bit of DSP headroom, and it has a VST plugin that does nothing but control the Lexicon so that its settings can be recalled when I load up a project, and so I can automate it. It's not a foreign or new concept (I bought it over a decade ago), and yes, there are Lexicon plugins that are available, and that I have, and use all the time, but I still use the hardware unit in almost every project because it allows me to use DSP headroom elsewhere (often for Lexicon VSTs).

And yes, I have Helix Native, and use it often,  but if there was a VST plugin that could be used to just control my LT, then I could fully integrate my LT into my recording workflow the same way I do with the Lexicon. As it stands now, the LT is a great tool for tracking, and can certainly be used during the mixdown phase as long as you're mindful of saving your presets, but if there was a VST that just controlled the LT, then it would just automatically recall the right settings when I load up the project.

I'm all for it. 

It would be super cool. It will cost a lot of money and only 12 people in the world are going to pay money for it. So... Probably should find those 12 people and split the cost... oh... that means it won't be cheap.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Fine.

I still think it’s nonsense, and as it probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon, I was simply making “rizzy” aware of the current option.

As for Native guzzling DSP in your DAW, I have seen a comment from Digital Igloo about one of his projects running over 20 instances of HXN without any issues. Your mileage obviously varies. Each to their own.

Hope this makes sense.

Well, I have no doubt that the person most responsible for developing the Helix Native plugin would have some sort of obscenely powerful computer at his disposal for the purpose of testing and removing DSP headroom from the equation when troubleshooting problems. And what are his 20 instances doing? Even a far below average computer can run 20, 50, 100 instances of a plugin that isn't doing anything. His computer might be able to run 20 instances of Native, each with Poly Capo and 2 Amp/Cab blocks, but mine certainly can't. Mine could probably run 100 instances of Native with just a Pan block though. 

As for the likelihood of such a plugin ever actually being made, sure, it probably won't happen. But I thought this thread was for Ideascale submissions, and you're trying to give him a workaround. DI said he wants any and all ideas to be submitted, and this is the place for them, along with Ideascale. You made your point that there are options available to essentially achieve the same thing (there's more than one way to bake a cake), but his suggestion isn't nonsense, especially when your solution involves a $99 purchase. Sorry, not everybody has $99 to spend on music gear, even when they just spent $2000 on music gear. I think the point is, I just spent $2000 (or whatever he spent), do you think it's possible to make it so that I can use the thing I bought without having to spend another $99, which doesn't actually use the thing I bought anyway? Your workaround suggestion is fair but I think his suggestion is also fair. 

17 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

It would be super cool. It will cost a lot of money and only 12 people in the world are going to pay money for it. So... Probably should find those 12 people and split the cost... oh... that means it won't be cheap.

When most people buy a cell phone, they buy it to have a phone to make phone calls. But then you see that there's Google Maps and you use it even though you didn't ask for it and you never thought you'd need it. I think if they made such a plugin that controls a Helix hardware unit, you'd be surprised by how many people start using it. I bought my Lexicon for live use. Never planned on using it for recording because it would be a hassle keeping track of settings. But then I found out that there was a plugin that would automatically recall settings on the unit upon project load, and it became a regular part of my workflow. The same thing could happen with such a plugin. Any BTW, I don't think such a plugin would be a major investment in man hours. They've already done the bulk of the work developing Edit and Native. I'm not saying it would take A DAY but it's essentially just a melding of the two.

I can definitely see the DSP advantage, but nothing else, and don't think the audience for this HX Edit Plugin would be very big (might be very wrong, of course), so I don't think it's becoming a priority for Line6. 

You can record 20 guitars, then once you've fine tuned all of them, just render/freeze track for the rest of the mix and DSP won't be a problem.

Again, not trying to be bitter. I get that it would be useful for you (even though to me it would be worse spending time on reamping than applying the plugin and going a bit slower for a small amount of time, and also with the plus of fixing possible errors without having to record again), but I wouldn't hold my breath for it :( Hope you're lucky anyway! I mean, I wouldn't be harmed if this product existed XD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zappazapper said:

When most people buy a cell phone, they buy it to have a phone to make phone calls. But then you see that there's Google Maps and you use it even though you didn't ask for it and you never thought you'd need it.

It's like comparing apples and oranges, only really, you are comparing apples and baseball.

The economies of scale.. and the purpose... are totally different.

Most people bought a smartphone so that they COULD use it to do non-phone things. And when they come up with a feature like "maps" they do it to sell more products because LOTS of people want it. They make those things to sell more phones to more customers, and the market segment is huge, the entire world.

If there are 100,000 people who want a feature on a smartphone it makes sense to make that, even though that's less than 1% of the 100,000,000 people who buy cell phones. That's why those apps exist. And they end up not being money losers, because 100,000 is a lot of people, even if it's <1% of users.

There are not nearly as many people who want this feature on their Helix, which compared to cell phones is a minuscule market, as evidenced by the ONE vote that this feature has received.

24 minutes ago, molul said:

You can record 20 guitars, then once you've fine tuned all of them, just render/freeze track for the rest of the mix and DSP won't be a problem.

Again, that solution assumes that the user owns Native. Native is another product that costs money, even if it is discounted for owners of a hardware unit. Helix Edit is something that is available for free for anyone who owns a hardware unit, and I don't think it's that much of a stretch that there be a VST version of it for full integration with a DAW, especially since all the marketing literature for the hardware units focus to some degree on its use as a full-featured recording/reamping tool, not simply as a dongle for Native or a prerequisite for a discount. 

4 minutes ago, zappazapper said:

and I don't think it's that much of a stretch that there be a VST version of it for full integration with a DAW,...

I am rather certain that those who actually would have to do the work to create this VST version you speak of would tell you that you are mistaken about the complexity and cost of such a venture. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

There are not nearly as many people who want this feature on their Helix, which compared to cell phones is a minuscule market, as evidenced by the ONE vote that this feature has received.

That would be my vote XD

But ya, I have absolutely no expectation that this would ever get done. I'm not trying to make a case that you and everybody else should vote for it, I was just chiming in on the idea that this was somehow nonsense, when I own a piece of equipment that works exactly how the OP was describing and is an essential part of my workflow. I would totally use a Helix Edit plugin, even though I own Native and even though I use the hardware unit to great effect without a plugin. I'm just saying it makes more sense to me because I've actually used a hardware unit like this and maybe those of you who haven't are having a hard time seeing the benefits. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

I am rather certain that those who actually would have to do the work to create this VST version you speak of would tell you that you are mistaken about the complexity and cost of such a venture. 

Again, I'm sure there's work involved, I'm not denying that. I'm talking about the concept - it's not that ridiculous as it's being made out to be. 

1 hour ago, zappazapper said:

By the way, rizzy, I noticed that I was the only one that had voted for your Ideascale, which means you didn't even vote for it yourself. Might wanna do that XD

Oh. I didn't even know I was allowed to vote for my own idea, thx for the hint - and for your vote of course.

Guys, thx for your opinions and input. 

4 hours ago, zappazapper said:

there's more than one way to bake a cake

Could be, but if you don’t follow the recipe, you might end up with something that has a similar texture and taste as sh!t on a shingle.

I’m still not convinced. 

1 minute ago, lou-kash said:

Um… is there anything wrong with sending MIDI messages from DAW to Helix hardware?

Nothing wrong with it. But sorting through implementation tables can be somewhat tiresome. A plugin that handles all that for you would just make the whole process that much easier. Why not take advantage of EVERYTHING that modern technology offers us, instead of just "accurate amp modeling". Why not also "streamlined automation"?

2 hours ago, lou-kash said:

Um… is there anything wrong with sending MIDI messages from DAW to Helix hardware?

Well, if you use HX Native, you can do the automation within the DAW, thus saving the tiresome process of sorting through those implementation tables. It just could be the “plugin that handles all that for you, and would just make the whole process that much easier”.

Don’t mess around with those old fashioned MIDI commands, get streamlined and take advantage of EVERYTHING modern in automation.

Plus, as noted by “molul”, there is an extra 30% off deal for those (rizzy) who don’t want to spend $99!

It’s like deja vu all over again!

;-)

2 hours ago, zappazapper said:

A plugin that handles all that for you would just make the whole process that much easier

Frankly, I had no experience with this exact scenario yet, so I had to look up a few details in the manual… But in Logic, such a plugin is already built in, and its name is External Instrument. It's under Utilities. I won't necessarily need it for reamping because I bought Helix Native the last time it was on sale. But it will be useful while overdubbing with HX Stomp: I can automate changing snapshots a pushing footswitches during the recording process while I'll be using the Stomp for latency free hardware monitoring – while recording just the dry signal.

Just tested it, it works. (Just don't pull the USB cable while the antique MIDI is doing its thing: kernel panic caused by Line 6 driver…)

5 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Well, if you

… see above. :)

Edited by lou-kash
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Well, if you use HX Native

Again, you're talking about another product than the one the OP owns.

Listen, I bought Native myself because it was the right decision for me, but if a hardware unit owner doesn't feel like he should have to buy a plugin to do what his hardware unit is supposed to do, then I think that's reasonable. And I think that initiating a discussion on possible ways to make using that hardware unit more functional, especially in a thread dedicated to discussions on ways to make the unit more functional, is also reasonable. And if it makes more sense to you to use a plugin instead of the hardware unit you bought, then I think that's reasonable too.

But what I don't think is reasonable is repeatedly trying to shut down discussion (on a discussion forum, no less) by suggesting that the only solution that can ever exist is buying a completely different product. This discussion never was and never will be about Helix Native. We all know what Helix Native does. We're talking about something else. It doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that appeals to you. Fair enough, but just go find something to talk about that is interesting to you then. Nobody's telling you to use a plugin to control your Helix and nobody's telling you to stop using Native, so stop telling everybody not to come up with new ideas on how to do what THEY want. I'm here talking about it because it's something I want. ME. MEEEE. Not you. Me. 

3 hours ago, zappazapper said:

Nothing wrong with it. But sorting through implementation tables can be somewhat tiresome. A plugin that handles all that for you would just make the whole process that much easier. Why not take advantage of EVERYTHING that modern technology offers us, instead of just "accurate amp modeling". Why not also "streamlined automation"?

There's not really not many implementation tables to sort through. If you want to automate parameters via MIDI, you just use the Learn function, and you assign whatever CCs you want for that parameter. You can also automate snapshot changes via MIDI very easily (CC#69, values 0-7).

I agree with the other here... The chances of Line 6 developing a specific automation plug-in are nil... Not saying that to be mean or shut down conversation, just saying it as someone who's familiar with how Line 6 work and how they're development resources are being used. It's simply wouldn't be a high value item for them.

9 minutes ago, phil_m said:

There's not really not many implementation tables to sort through. If you want to automate parameters via MIDI, you just use the Learn function, and you assign whatever CCs you want for that parameter. You can also automate snapshot changes via MIDI very easily (CC#69, values 0-7).

I agree with the other here... The chances of Line 6 developing a specific automation plug-in are nil... Not saying that to be mean or shut down conversation, just saying it as someone who's familiar with how Line 6 work and how they're development resources are being used. It's simply wouldn't be a high value item for them.

I agree with you also, Phil. I don't see it happening either. But I distinctly recall reading DI say he wanted any and all ideas expressed in this discussion forum and on Ideascale, so that's what we're doing. And "Native does that" is a perfectly reasonable response, once. After that it's pointless. Like, we get it. Can we just discuss the merits of THIS idea? Because it's like someone asking how to install a turbocharger in their car and the response being "why not just take the bus? It's only $3." I mean, you're right, but that's not what we're talking about. 

3 hours ago, zappazapper said:

I'm here talking about it because it's something I want. ME. MEEEE. Not you. Me. 

Man, u alright? :(

I personally think it's good to comment that HX Native is a good solution for this case, not for you who want the other approach, but for newbies that might realize there's a plugin like HX Native. Have we reached the point that we can't say something is not quite a good idea?

I mean, I wasn't aware of how useful native could be for me until I read a bit about it in other topics.

But again, I'm not against Line6 developing what you want. It would affect none of us.

6 minutes ago, molul said:

Man, u alright? :(

Ha. Ya I'm fine. 

It's not a matter of me not getting something I want (this wouldn't even be at the top of my list), it's the type of discourse that goes on around here sometimes. This specific thread is intended to be a place where ideas are expressed and the merits discussed, and there are some users on this forum whose only ammunition in such a discussion is to say "No. That's not the way I do it. Stop talking about things I'm not interested in." He made up his mind that such a plugin isn't something that interests him, and fair enough, but can't the rest of us discuss the matter without every point being responded to with "Nope. Helix Native"? It's not even what we're talking about. 

Thx for the hints about the discount on HX Native.  

It is possible to configure MIDI controls for automation in a DAW. Since HX Edit has all the controls preconfigured, I thought it would be easier to use those as compared to setting them up and dealing with MIDI implementation charts - especially for non experienced users.

I see that this idea led to a partly heated discussion here. It's just an idea. If it doesn't make it no one will get hurt and life will go on.

9 hours ago, zappazapper said:

it's like someone asking how to install a turbocharger in their car and the response being "why not just take the bus? It's only $3."

Once more, your analogy is rather odd - somewhat like looking down the wrong end of the telescope (that's another)

It would possibly be better to say:

”It’s like telling someone, who already has a turbocharger installed, to ‘take the bus’ as it’s way cheaper. Better yet, walk - that costs nothing”.

You also ask - Can we just discuss the merits of THIS idea?”

Well, yes, but as it doesn’t appear to have any, and as “phil_m” pointed out, the likelihood of this ever appearing are somewhere south of nil - then all this is rather pointless.

Furthermore, it really is not a matter of:

"No. That's not the way I do it. Stop talking about things I'm not interested in." 

I’m very interested in the Helix and it’s ongoing development, as I was an early adopter and jumped onboard right at the start, way back in 2015. Lots of interesting and useful things have been added over the years since and I love all of them, but Line 6 have also said that there are lots of things requested on IdeaScale that are unlikely to ever happen. This could be one of those.

As you are such a fan of analogies - how’s this.

If someone told you that pi$$ing on an electrical socket was not a good idea, would you still do it?

I pose that as a question, because it appears you like to have the last word.

Done and done!

Personally I'd love to see the FreQout pedal, as 1) it's different and 2) can have a lot of use, i mean there are already 15+ delays in the Helix, do we really need more delay effects?

i'm pretty sure many have suggested this Effect/pedal,  but can't see any hint of this being implemented, i could be wrong though, but Id hate to have to buy an external pedal  :( 

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

You also ask - Can we just discuss the merits of THIS idea?”

Well, yes, but as it doesn’t appear to have any, and as “phil_m” pointed out, the likelihood of this ever appearing are somewhere south of nil - then all this is rather pointless.

It's not really your place to judge whether the things that other people talk about on this forum are pointless or not. Nobody is asking you to discuss a topic you're not interested in, but you're asking us to not talk about it because it's something YOU'RE not interested in. Wouldn't it be easier to just not participate in this discussion?

I’m very interested in the Helix and it’s ongoing development, as I was an early adopter and jumped onboard right at the start, way back in 2015. Lots of interesting and useful things have been added over the years since and I love all of them, but Line 6 have also said that there are lots of things requested on IdeaScale that are unlikely to ever happen. This could be one of those.

15 hours ago, zappazapper said:

I agree with you also, Phil. I don't see it happening either. 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, zappazapper said:

But ya, I have absolutely no expectation that this would ever get done.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:10 PM, zappazapper said:

As for the likelihood of such a plugin ever actually being made, sure, it probably won't happen. 

How many times do I have to concede to your point that it's unlikely that L6 would be interested in such a thing before we can just have a theoretical discussion on the matter? Does it hurt anybody to have a discussion on the merits of an idea that is unlikely to come to fruition anyway? Again, I don't understand why you can't just find something that you're actually interested in and talk about that.

Done and done!

Wouldn't that be nice...

I Wonder If the Dev's have considered some Black Sabbath Love, Like a few Laney Amps, Supergroup and Ironheart and as an OD/Distortion  Pedal  the Catalinbread Sabracadabra. 
Tony Iommi arguably had the most influential tone in the history of electric guitar.
I mean we have a slew of Marshall and Fender amps why not give Laney some Love ? 

• Like 1

Utility section:

Midside plugin with tilt, EQ control, bass layer for keeping mono below the line.

Stereo width control with tilt.

4 pole Apple filter

Slew control

Tape control

Filter for simple EQ notching and sliding right or left.

There may be others that could be added in this section.

Also easier way via computer interface to merge split anywhere.

It would be nice to have a GLOBAL IR loader in Helix Floor affecting only the headphone output.

I have managed to calibrate my headphones using a VST plugin and now have an IR which I can load in my DAW when playing with it.  

It would be nice to be loading the same IR as a global block in the Helix so to creating new presets while using headphones.

This avoids loading the IR each time I create a preset, and then removing it when NOT using  headphones.

What is your opinion on this?

On 3/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, line-6-user said:

It would be nice to have a GLOBAL IR loader in Helix Floor affecting only the headphone output.

I have managed to calibrate my headphones using a VST plugin and now have an IR which I can load in my DAW when playing with it.  

It would be nice to be loading the same IR as a global block in the Helix so to creating new presets while using headphones.

This avoids loading the IR each time I create a preset, and then removing it when NOT using  headphones.

What is your opinion on this?

Not sure if you are suggesting being able to load a global IR, if not please ignore the following. The Helix's current architecture is such that if you added a global IR the Helix would have to set aside the DSP for it in every preset. Whether it was active or not.  That is a lot of DSP to set aside. Additionally Line6 would have to redesign the Helix so that it grays out your preset and makes it nonfunctional if kicking in the global IR takes the preset over the maximum available DSP. Seems unlikely that this will ever get added, but you never know.

It might be  more useful to have a global setting that allowed us to route all presets' cab or IR block(s) to any single or combination of outputs. That would make it simple for example to have the cab/IR block active in an XLR out to the PA but bypassed when using the  1/4" output into the front of an amp. Or, in the case you are describing route it only to the headphones. I think there may already be IdeaScale submissions for this.

Couldn't find this listed anywhere, but find myself doing this a lot and would appreciate one of these approaches to speed up sound design process.

Scenario:

1) Add an Amp/Cab "A+C" block as part of a chain.

2) Get the Amp/Cab block setup and then realise I need to split between two cabs, or an IR block.

There's two possibilities to solve this and really add some time saving:

a) "Split Amp/Cab" - which would convert the A+C block into separate Amp and Cab blocks next to each other with all the settings transferred from original A+C. 

b) "Copy/Paste Settings" - copy from one Block, apply to another overwriting any relevant settings.