Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/View-double-rows-of-presets-in-Stomp-Snap-mode/1030463-23508?submitted=1

Helix Floor

I personally like to use the Stomp/Snap mode for the foot-switch buttons but regardless of which mode is selected when I press the bank up/down buttons I always want to see both rows displaying presets.  Or at least have the option.  I feel this would make banking up/down operations much more convenient as well as faster.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this again because it's still the only thing I miss on the HELIX, and I miss it a lot. 

I would LOVE to see you replicate the Stutter effect that Eventide has available in the H9. It's a preset within their UltraTap algorithm. Super inspiring and the only effect I miss since switching to the HELIX. They're since released a dedicated pedal to this effect called the UltraTap.  

https://www.eventideaudio.com/pedals/ultratap/

• 1 month later...

Do Line 6 read this? I tried to post my ideas on the Line 6  ideascale, but says moderator didn't validate my receipt, but it was. 

So my ideas: 

- Aguilar Agro, preferably the rackmount unit, with and extra blend/mix function. I think it would make a lot of bass players really happy :) 

- EVH 5150 III EL34 version
- Rivera KR100 or KR7 for all us Slipknot fans :)

3 hours ago, ChaserHUN said:

Do Line 6 read this?

Hi,

For the answer to your question, click on the black banner entitled "Why is Line 6 not responding???" - second from the top of the this page .

Ideascale is the only place  that your suggestions may be noticed. This is the place to let others know about it in the hope that they may vote for your idea.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

For the answer to your question, click on the black banner entitled "Why is Line 6 not responding???" - second from the top of the this page .

Ideascale is the only place  that your suggestions may be noticed. This is the place to let others know about it in the hope that they may vote for your idea.

How long does it take for a moderator to approve my acocunt? I'v been trying it for 2 days now.

3 hours ago, ChaserHUN said:

How long does it take for a moderator to approve my acocunt? I'v been trying it for 2 days now.

Sorry, I have no idea about that, in fact I'm not even sure who runs the "Ideascale" site, IIRC it's a third party thing supplying the service for businesses.

Although, I do know that it's the only place that Line 6 check for suggestions.

EDIT:

I just checked and it seems that "Line6Tony" and "Digital Igloo" are listed as mods for Ideascale - you could try a PM to one of those guys.

OK, I posted this one a few weeks ago. It's got a whopping 7 votes today, but I frankly think it'd be really helpful, especially to those of us who gig. I also think it'd be a relatively easy dev effort, whether they decided to add it to HX Edit or write a stand-alone app.

It's a "setlist documenter" for when you'd like to print out a "cheat sheet" showing what's in your setlist... for each preset it would export data showing what FX are available, whether there's a wah, what the footswitch assignments are, etc. It's basically just a matter of someone exporting JSON preset data into a CSV format that can be manipulated and printed from Excel or Google Sheets. I'm fairly new to Helix and have done this manually, but I know there's an easier way.

Line 6 should get rid of the horizontal sliders in HX Edit and HX Native. It's just a completely stupid design idea serving absolutely no purpose others than wasting massive amounts of screen estate and forcing you into awkward wrist movements. There's a reason why you don't find these in 99% of other professional audio software titles - it simply makes no sense.

Feel free to upvote.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Get-rid-of-horizontal-sliders-in-HX-Edit/1034380-23508?submitted=1

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Line 6 should get rid of the horizontal sliders in HX Edit and HX Native.

It's not my favorite thing about the Helix, but it's hardly the first thing I would change/improve. I do find them to be unnecessarily long, and I find the knobs themselves to have such a fine ratio as to be frustrating to use. But again, I can think of 19 other things I would change before this. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:55 AM, zappazapper said:

But again, I can think of 19 other things I would change before this. 

Same here.
But then, imagine an additional feature, such as being able to select multiple blocks to simultaneously show up with their parameters - makes an enormous lot of sense in case you're editing, say, an amp and a drive block as those are highly interactive. Now, even if that was possible, it would make no sense because there'd be no space.

Anyhow, replacing the faders with knobs should be absolutely trivial from a programmer's POV. Heck, why not have a switch allowing for both options?

And well, this is indeed not my #1 request by a wide margin - but I'd take any bet that not a single of, say, my top 3 requests will ever materialize (one of them being your top request, too, fwiw).

I want a second page of stomps. if i have 15 effects in a preset, why am i limited to 10 foot switches? give us the option to add a second page with the additional foot switches for on the fly control over every part of a preset.

im using my helix 4cm with an amp and would love to not be limited to just 10 stomps 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bgrizzmayne said:

why am i limited to 10 foot switches?

Because there's 10 physical footswitches.

Have you considered the possibility that if your preset needs 15 footswitches, it's possible that your need to rethink your approach to building presets? 

At any rate, you can always add an external MIDI controller. I don't think you'll find the appetite within the user community, much less in the development team, for multiple pages of footswitches. Adding a MIDI controller is a much more realistic possibility than multiple pages of footswitches ever happening. 

3 hours ago, bgrizzmayne said:

I want a second page of stomps. if i have 15 effects in a preset, why am i limited to 10 foot switches? give us the option to add a second page with the additional foot switches for on the fly control over every part of a preset.

Yes please!

3 hours ago, zappazapper said:

Have you considered the possibility that if your preset needs 15 footswitches, it's possible that your need to rethink your approach to building presets? 

I know this was not adressed at me, but no. I'm only using one patch per gig (for good reasons), so having more footswitches would be great, especially in case you're also using snapshots arranged in control center mode.

Further, the capacitive switches offer the quickest way to access parameters (way quicker than fooling around with the cheesy joystick, which I tend to avoid at all costs because that thing is the definition of planned obsolescence), so I would even assign blocks to footswitches if I was never actually switching them.

And while we're at it: Floor users are offered the "luxury" of 10 stomps (instead of just 8 on the LT - something I don't understand anyway), so why can't we get a 10 snapshot mode, too? Or a 5 stomp, 5 snapshot mode? That would make my live life a lot easier already. Doing it via control center results in sacrificing "plain" stomp mode.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, zappazapper said:

Because there's 10 physical footswitches.

At any rate, you can always add an external MIDI controller. I don't think you'll find the appetite within the user community, much less in the development team, for multiple pages of footswitches. Adding a MIDI controller is a much more realistic possibility than multiple pages of footswitches ever happening. 

a second stompbox page isn’t crazy. the unit has dedicated bank buttons. as an option, let us use those bank buttons for stomps if we have more than what’s displayed on one page. this is the beauty of channel strips!

i also use my helix to control external devices, but am limited because there’s not enough space with a 10 buttons. My RJM PBC6x let’s me create as many pages as i want for instance. 

i play in an improvisational instrumental band 4CM into a PT-15 IR. i want to use the Helix like a pedalboard. if it’s capable of 20+ effects, let me access them all! 

On 11/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, bgrizzmayne said:

a second stompbox page isn’t crazy. the unit has dedicated bank buttons. as an option, let us use those bank buttons for stomps if we have more than what’s displayed on one page. this is the beauty of channel strips!

i also use my helix to control external devices, but am limited because there’s not enough space with a 10 buttons. My RJM PBC6x let’s me create as many pages as i want for instance. 

i play in an improvisational instrumental band 4CM into a PT-15 IR. i want to use the Helix like a pedalboard. if it’s capable of 20+ effects, let me access them all! 

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea. What I'm saying is that once you've been around this forum long enough, you start to see that development resources aren't unlimited and most of these types of ideas never even get considered, much less implemented. In the whole scheme of things, using an external MIDI controller is a much more realistic solution than expecting L6 to address your issue in a firmware update in any kind of timely manner. You might wait a long time for that to happen, if ever, but you can buy an external MIDI controller TODAY and your problem will be solved. 

I just submitted this to IdeaScale:

New mode - Snapshot sequence -> https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/New-mode-Snapshop-Sequence/1035758-23508?submitted=1

I currently create one preset per song on my setlists, and I usually have a couple of small problems with them:

1- Sometimes I need more than 8 snapshots because the song changes a lot (in that case I create a second preset with the needed extra snapshots).

2- While singing and playing a difficult guitar part, I often fail to press one of the top footswitches for the next snapshot. I try to solve that by putting the most difficult parts snapshots on the bottom row.

My idea would be having more than 8 snapshot in the same preset (I think that would be possible, as snapshots are, I think, just a matter of enabling/disabling effects or setting different values to certain effects parameters; so having more than 8 shouldn't affect performance), and switch to next and previous by using two of the bottom footswitches (that would be heaven for me).

I think I read that some people would like to have the bank up/down buttons as 2 extra snapshot footswitches, making a total of 10. My proposal is having "endless" snapshots (I could do with 20 max, if there had to be a limit), and switching to next and previous with two of the bottom footswitches, having them as a sequence like intro-verse1-verse 2-chorus-reintro-verse1-verse2-chorus2-bridge-solo-chorus3-outro (verse1 and 2 would have different effects, and so chorus 1, 2 and 3).

Her's a mockup of what it could look like. The current snapshot would be in the center of the screen, and you could see the previous and next snapshot, and part of the 2 previous/next ones.

81397679_helixmodesnapsequence.thumb.png.87532af3646d65d339d4c94dd8343a86.png

The only disadvantage I can think of this approach is that creating a preset would be longer, but it wouldn't be longer than having to create two or three presets with the same total amount of snapshots.

I might be missing something, but to me this would be a very convenient mode for live usage, and it would make the device even more powerful by increasing the number of snapshots. I get it wouldn't be for everyone, but the same happens with any other current mode.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And of course, if you like it, I would appreciate if you upvoted it :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's nice to see the Blog article on the old British amp manufacturers. It would be great if they were intending to model any of them. I have an early 70's WEM dominator III & despite extensive attempts to get near the tone of this amp using the various models/cabinets & EQ in Helix LT, I'm finding that there is nothing that gives the same tone. There is a woody low midrange that I just can't emulate with the models available. A Dominator III, and maybe a Laney K35 twin would be great additions.

Please upvote this in Ideascale if you agree.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone use the mode switch for editing, I’m sure this idea has already been submitted but could we please be allowed to assign a function to this pretty much useless button. I own a stomp xl and if that switch was able to cycle from stomp, to snapshots, to presets, it would completely open this device up. I just want the long press to take me to any of these. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Line 6 would bring back the Bass Model "Sub Dub" for those folks who used it in the Bass Pod.

That model is the best Bass model they ever made!

Plus, a model of the "Mezzabarba Trinity" guitar amp would be nice too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I'd love a FORMANT filter....the original wah that never happened...it creates OO OU OW AA EH Ma and a few other vowel sounds..creates the perfect talk box.
The ONE thing I miss coming from Ultra II that was stolen...didn't want to wait four or five months for an AXE III to be available (Same issue with the Helix Rack..can't wait..I have no gear till this insurance mess is cleared up)...may get the rack after insurance settles.

• 1 month later...

So I guess this is almost more of a question than a suggestion, since these amps and effects already exist, but yeah: What are the odds of the Metallurgy stuff coming over to Helix? I'm a doom players and this is the first time I've ever seen someone try their hands at a doom centric VST, and I would love to have the amps and effects (especially the Sunn and Silvertone) on my Stomp as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I created this request on IdeaScale:
Profiler: Helix Native profiled amps to be used by Helix/HXStomp

I'm not really a fan of "profilers", but at some point I believe it may be a smart way to keep a product alive for so much long time after the device production or distribution end.

That said, I'm aware that Helix devices are not designed from the hardware point of view to work as profilers and for this reason adding profiling capabilities can be quite impossible or, worst case, you could end up with a poor implementation that does not meet the quality and reputation of the device.

On the other side, we have another gear here that is made of "pure software", where features and capabilities can be added without the limitations of the hardware designs. And this is where Helix Native plugin comes to hand.

Basically the idea posted on IdeaScale is about adding profiling functionalities to Helix Native. I also believe that good amp profiles needs practice, attentions, knowledge and maybe some more skills. In few words, it's not really" Plug and Profile". Or at last, producing good amp tones it's not for everyone. Not for me at last.

On the other hand using amp profiles is quite an easy and common task, just as impulse responses is. You just grab the tones you like and use it. And here comes the key point for Helix Floor/Rack and Stomp units.

Maybe it could be possible to create some sort of generic "amp block" that can be used to load profiles created with Helix Native.

Amp profiles may be heavier than IRs (in terms of binary size), but maybe they can still be loaded in internal memory. Alternatively, they could be simply loaded one at the time from HX edit.

This is it, 

Thanks,

Alex B.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it would be a lot easier to have suggestions submitted and monitored via his forum, but nonetheless have just submitted an Idea to have the tuning reference point knob on the HX Stomp locked/disabled by a menu setting. I have twice inadvertently adjusted the tuner reference during a live gig, potentially caused by the guitar lead rubbing against the knob while the tuner is selected and being used as a mute. I've several other people on here complain about it too but couldn't see any similar items, so please feel free to vote it up - hopefully adding a menu option to lock/unlock the tuner reference would be a relatively easy fix that wouldn't adversely impact anyone who does actually use a non-440Hz reference (anyone?!). 

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/1045985 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, acousticglue said:

Helix Native can a VST3 plugin be added via what is Send/Return that would be like hardware unit? Be nice to insert VST3 plugins anywhere in chain.

Short answer - Nope!

Helix Native does not have any of the features of the hardware blocks such as Send/Return, FX Loop, Looper. They have no routing functionality in Helix Native.

It's all documented in the Helix Native Pilots Guide v3.15 - Rev P  - page 19 which you can find by clicking on the Question Mark Icon in the lower left of the GUI window of Native.