Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

On 7/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, acousticglue said:

Helix Native can a VST3 plugin be added via what is Send/Return that would be like hardware unit? Be nice to insert VST3 plugins anywhere in chain.

It would be awesome to have this capability imho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, acousticglue said:

Laney amps, Ampeg guitar amps

I have been wanting Line 6 to add a model of the Ampeg VH-140C for so damn long. Laney would be interesting, but I find their amps don't have much of a unique voice of their own; they are loud as hell though.

I'd choose other amps to add before a Laney and that's with me owning both a VH-140C and a Laney VH100R (among others). For example I'd prefer the Make Dorado, Elmwood Modena 60, Groove Tubes Soul-O (Trio preamp, 30, 75/150, etc), and others.

I have two suggestions:

1. Add the ability to interactively trim, cut, copy, and paste audio. For example, with the looper, I'd like to be able to trim it down a loop to exactly what I want; think something along the lines of the Akai MPC.
  2. I'd like to be able to import and store (save) in the Helix backing tracks, drum track, and loops I've created with the Helix and be able to assign them to a block in whichever preset or snapshot I want.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, acousticglue said:

Less latency on pitch shifting

I think if they can figure out a way to do this, they probably will without us asking. Same with reducing DSP. The limits of hardware and modern tech are the key drivers here sadly. 

Just a tip that you may already know, the "tracking" option controls latency. Lower (X fast) for less latency but lower sound quality. Increase (X Stable) for more latency but better sound quality. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt covered already, a mix/blend control on ALL effects (or even just distortions). For example, some of us bassists want to use a RAT/Klon/DS1/Fuzz without destroying our clean low end, and we're already using our parallel route for other things. 

It would be a really simple addition that would add so much value.

• Thanks 1

I have seen some people suggesting this already, so this post is basically a support for that idea.

It would be really useful if there was a noise gate model that used the guitar input as a trigger, and not the actual (and already noisy) output of the preceding block.
For example:
I put a noise gate after a high gain section (any high gain section, or a block of those), but the gate actually "listens" to my clean guitar signal from the input when deciding when to open. The clean signal is not actually present in the chain, it's just a trigger.
It's actually a common way of using gate pedals (Boss N2-2, TC Sentry, Decimator G string, ...these all have the feature of using fx in a loop, while taking the detector input form the clean instrument). It's much clenaer and more precise gating that using a gate in series after the high gain section.
I'd be delighted to see this feature in a future HX update.

On 10/19/2022 at 12:45 PM, iandras said:

I have seen some people suggesting this already, so this post is basically a support for that idea.

Hi,

If you wish to support a suggestion you need to “upvote” that idea on the IdeaScale website. Posting in this thread is basically to let others know about the idea, and point them to where they can vote for it.

Line 6 staff don’t monitor these forums, and therefore your comment will have little or no chance of anyone from Line 6 seeing it and getting it implemented.

Has this idea actually been submitted on IdeaScale?

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/campaigns/51424/stage/all/ideas/unspecified

You didn’t mention if you have done that on IdeaScale. BTW, you need to be registered and logged in to vote. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Dual mono global EQ would be nice, lets say you rely on one device (helix, helix LT or stomp) for two guitarrists running thru one 4x12 cabinet each, being able to individually tweak each 4x12 depending on venue/location with global eq would be awesome me thinks! 

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really desperate for two Legacy models to be included in a future Helix update:

1. The Sub Dub Bass model: This is the best Bass model you ever made,

and was the basis of my tone in my Bass POD XT Pro. Great model for a super modern Bass tone

2. The Hi-Talk pedal model. The particular algorithm of this pedal is excellent. I used this effect a lot in my Vetta HD, and I miss it a lot, It's part of the signature sound of my band's biggest song. Really need this.

Thanks for all your awesome hard work!

On 11/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, XONE said:

I'm really desperate for two Legacy models to be included in a future Helix update:

1. The Sub Dub Bass model: This is the best Bass model you ever made,

and was the basis of my tone in my Bass POD XT Pro. Great model for a super modern Bass tone

2. The Hi-Talk pedal model. The particular algorithm of this pedal is excellent. I used this effect a lot in my Vetta HD, and I miss it a lot, It's part of the signature sound of my band's biggest song. Really need this.

Thanks for all your awesome hard work!

Hi,

There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

https://line6.com/support/topic/14497-helix-ideascale-community-submissions/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

As someone who uses midi control panels a lot for settings, I noticed some things lacking access to Midi CC in IR and Cab blocks while they could be really useful for dialing guitar sound (Though otherwise pretty much all other values in Helix are midi-controllable so guess it might be an oversight?):
-IR: IR Select (doable by each value in the control responding to an IR, like CC33 value 63 would correspond to 64th IR)
-Cab: Mic (Since there's 12 mics, there's 10.666 values per mic so spreading the mic values for 10-11 values per mic would work)
-Cab: Position
-Cab: Distance (Midi CC-able in Legacy cabs but not in new ones)
-Cab: Angle (0-63: Normal, 64-127: 45 degrees)

On 11/10/2022 at 10:14 PM, LadyKitty said:

-Cab: Distance (Midi CC-able in Legacy cabs but not in new ones)

Sorry but I'm not seeing the ability to assign a MIDI CC to the Distance parameter on the Legacy cabs. And I'm personally struggling to think of a useful application for controlling the mic distance with a switch or MIDI control, but just because it's not something I would do, doesn't mean I don't think every parameter of every block should be available to be controlled via an onboard controller or MIDI, so I'm with you on that. On the other hand, this is the first time I've noticed anyone point out the lack of MIDI access for cab parameters, so I don't know how much support from the community you'll get, which is part of what gets things like this done in upcoming updates. 

On 11/12/2022 at 2:40 AM, zappazapper said:

the lack of MIDI access for cab parameters

This is obviously "by design" for this new feature. 
From the HX Edit 3.50 Pilot's Guide:

Mic †
Distance † 
Position † 
Angle † 

[…]
NOTE: These parameters are not available for Expression Pedal, Variax Knob, or MIDI CC Controller assignment. 

I'd like to raise attention to this idea (https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/942459) - 

It would be very practical to be able to restore a snapshot to its saved state, if snapshots are set to recall.

Because sometimes you alter a bunch of stuff on the fly, and it could be great to be able to reset a snotshot to its saved state.

This could be done in a few ways... maybe by pressing-and-holding the snapshot switch for 2 seconds or - maybe better - tap the snapshot switch twice within two seconds.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:47 AM, martinstender said:

I'd like to raise attention to this idea (https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/942459) - 

It would be very practical to be able to restore a snapshot to its saved state, if snapshots are set to recall.

Because sometimes you alter a bunch of stuff on the fly, and it could be great to be able to reset a snotshot to its saved state.

This could be done in a few ways... maybe by pressing-and-holding the snapshot switch for 2 seconds or - maybe better - tap the snapshot switch twice within two seconds.

You can already do this easily for all snapshots with two foot taps. Select a different preset and then return to the current preset. It will be reloaded in its saved state, including all snapshots. Or do you want this capability for a single snapshot?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Combined Delay+Reverb Block

I am coming from the HX Stomp. With the changes in 3.5 freeing up DSP from cabs and IR's, there is some opportunity for more flexibility in the unit. I think it would be an immense update to add a Delay+Reverb block that functions like the Amp+Cab block. Click the Delay+Reverb setting, and the HX Delays pop up, then you can toggle over to reverbs in the same manner that you can toggle over to cabs in the Amp+Cab setting. 

On 10/19/2022 at 4:45 AM, iandras said:

It would be really useful if there was a noise gate model that used the guitar input as a trigger, and not the actual (and already noisy) output of the preceding block.
For example:
I put a noise gate after a high gain section (any high gain section, or a block of those), but the gate actually "listens" to my clean guitar signal from the input when deciding when to open. The clean signal is not actually present in the chain, it's just a trigger.
It's actually a common way of using gate pedals (Boss N2-2, TC Sentry, Decimator G string, ...these all have the feature of using fx in a loop, while taking the detector input form the clean instrument). It's much clenaer and more precise gating that using a gate in series after the high gain section.
I'd be delighted to see this feature in a future HX update.

Are you aware of the noise gate at the input of the HX Stomp? See page 22 of the manual. It's always there. Or are you talking about the HX Effects? I do not have one. If you're talking about that, so if you put a noise gate at the beginning, it only stops the audio there at that block? It doen't "mute" everything? if it doesn't, your' only solution is to have two gates. One at the input and one after all the noisy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea for acoustic guitars that I think a lot of players would love.  I know that there are quite a few players that run acoustic guitars through their Helix...with tremendous results.

I am imagining a block in HX edit - maybe even a separate Helix - for acoustics - that models acoustics like amps.  You could choose different body types or models of acoustics - and they would all be modeled.  You could even adjust the mics like you would at the neck and soundhole - much like the speakers and mics in the amp models.

Just like the amps are studied and modeled - different models of acoustics could be done the same way and then those models made available in an "acoustic designer" block.

I figure - this way you can pick your acoustic model - then add any effects - and use the acoustic model/block in place of amps when you have an acoustic plugged in.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:13 PM, dbudday said:

I had an idea for acoustic guitars that I think a lot of players would love.  I know that there are quite a few players that run acoustic guitars through their Helix...with tremendous results.

I am imagining a block in HX edit - maybe even a separate Helix - for acoustics - that models acoustics like amps.  You could choose different body types or models of acoustics - and they would all be modeled.  You could even adjust the mics like you would at the neck and soundhole - much like the speakers and mics in the amp models.

Just like the amps are studied and modeled - different models of acoustics could be done the same way and then those models made available in an "acoustic designer" block.

I figure - this way you can pick your acoustic model - then add any effects - and use the acoustic model/block in place of amps when you have an acoustic plugged in.

This is very Variax-like. And I'd love something like this. I do something like it with IR now, but to have some already set, like the new built-in cabinets, would be wonderful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Command Center in HX Edit, a drop down list of pedal + manufacturer + function.   Then Command Center knows the parameter info required to accomplish that function.  This way, we don't have to go find a manual and look up values every time we want to assign a parameter.