Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

Hi I would like to propose a new custom type of output for Helix where the user can select any combination of outputs between all of the physical ones (checkbox style), how can I enlist this idea?

Custom Output: Digital Out and/or XLR and/or USB 1/2 and/or USB 3/4 and/or XLR, etc..

On 11/25/2021 at 9:34 PM, bgrizzmayne said:

I want a second page of stomps. if i have 15 effects in a preset, why am i limited to 10 foot switches? give us the option to add a second page with the additional foot switches for on the fly control over every part of a preset.

im using my helix 4cm with an amp and would love to not be limited to just 10 stomps 

A second page of stomps would be amazing!  Jamband musician here, and sometimes the moment calls for a certain effect that I don't use too often.

• Upvote 1

Has the Helix matched the mighty, rare and pricey Zoom MS-50G yet, by way of finally offering reverse reverb?

Doesn't Line 6 even have some people onboard that used to work at Digitech? Like, the company with the best reverse reverb in pedal form?

Just curious...

On 1/17/2023 at 11:36 AM, FormerlyLite said:

Has the Helix matched the mighty, rare and pricey Zoom MS-50G yet, by way of finally offering reverse reverb?

Doesn't Line 6 even have some people onboard that used to work at Digitech? Like, the company with the best reverse reverb in pedal form?

Just curious...

It’s simply because the Zoom Multi Stomp MS-70 CDR is neither rare, or pricey I have one around just to patch into the Helix FX loop should I feel the need to use one of it’s many oddball effects.

The same goes for my Mooer DTP Ocean Machine that can pull off a couple of reverb and delay tricks currently not available in the Helix, including reverse reverb with shimmer.

Yep, AFAIK, Line 6 does have a couple of ex-DigiTech guys with them, who were the reason you now have poly pitch options in your Helix.

Regarding your comment about reverse reverb, obviously you have posted here, but as there are no Line staff here to see it and it’s only very occasionally that they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”). This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions. Only then should you use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

You did do all that before posting here, didn’t you?

Also, have you tried patching in your “rare and pricey Zoom MS-50G” while you wait?

Just curious…

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Footswitch behaviour gesturing

Just look at morning star controllers as a good example...i have been doing this for other OEM guys in python but once you use gesturing its hard to go back

Eg

Single/double press/hold

Hold is there for snapshots. .good start but long way to go

Should be a standard set of gestures along with robust options (eg controller editor from ni)

Example of use

Snapshots area amazing but also block out other uses. Lets say you use a reverb and ill call them states

1. Default. 20% mix, decay 1s

2. Deeper, 35% mix 1.9s

3. Ambient 40% mix, 3s

As you can see these are fixed states, not expression pedal where its infinitely variable. (Multi state stomp)

Using gestures would work like this

Single quick click = on/off

Double recall = 1. Default

Hold = recall 2

Hold again, cycle to next (more and more effect), recall 3.

Hold again cycle back to 1. Default

Optional: double press hold cycles backward, i use this a lot on Ableton controllers

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I really would love if you could link instances of an effect/amp in presets to a "master" in the favorites folder.

My use case is:

I use my HX Stomp XL mainly in the preset and snapshot mode. So I have a preset for every song on our setlist and use different snapshots for different parts.

Many effects and settings are repeated in the different presets. There are a handful of basic presets that I customize for individual songs and individual parts. Customization usually involves adding more effects to the base setup. For me this is less stressful and far more convenient than working with the stomp mode. 

But (!): whenever I change anything in my basic setup I have to update every single preset/snapshot. This is just a big pain in the a$$: open up every preset / snapshot, do the same tweak in all of them and save them. 

If you would have the possibility to link an effect instance to a master instance, you only would have to update the master instance. If you'd then wish to use individual settings in one preset, you could simply unlink it and make your changes.

• Thanks 1

When using an external expression pedal I can engage or disengage it with the Helix's pedal button (toe switch). In this case, however, the LEDs above the pedal always remain red. Could it be done that when I want to use the external expression pedal (for example with a WHA) and turn it on with the toe switch, the LEDs indicate it? By lighting both for example?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 6:30 PM, sykes1000 said:

A Origin Effects Cali 76 or UREI 1176 compressor would be great.

Also a Boss BF-2 Flanger which was special would be great.

Hi,

Of course you have posted this stuff on IdeaScale haven’t you? 

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. 

Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

Only then should you use the “Helix Ideascale Community Submissions” thread (right here) to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, jedisteph said:

Your number display system sucks. I dont care about 1-125 or 1 A B C. I need name of Snapshot BIG. Highlight pedal name BIG.  More view options please.

Why so rude? Just because you need something doesn't mean others might have undifferentiated preferences.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:06 PM, jedisteph said:

Your number display system sucks. I dont care about 1-125 or 1 A B C. I need name of Snapshot BIG. Highlight pedal name BIG.  More view options please.

Thank you

Stephan

Nice attitude - see how far that takes your request,

Jedi, really?

• 1 month later...

Would like an add on rack or foot board that could add DSP so you can run more DSP heavy effects and amps/cabs together and not run out of DSP, My whole rig is Line 6 and love the tone only complaint is I can't always run all that the Helix Rack offers because I run out of DSP, I use Snapshots exclusively,  thanks for letting me put up my idea

On 6/23/2023 at 5:46 PM, PHanson said:

Would like an add on rack or foot board that could add DSP so you can run more DSP heavy effects and amps/cabs together and not run out of DSP, My whole rig is Line 6 and love the tone only complaint is I can't always run all that the Helix Rack offers because I run out of DSP, I use Snapshots exclusively,  thanks for letting me put up my idea

Hi,

There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:46 PM, PHanson said:

this is why many folks add other devices in the loop. For instance, I have 3 pedals (all guitar synth type of things) in 3 of the loops. You could also add an HX Effects or Stomp to the loop.

For some certain situations with the HX Stomp it will be much easier, when you can control the Looper/FX ON with midi "note on" messages. CC works as well, but just pressing a note on a synthesizer that is already connected will help.

Thank you!

Stereo FX Loop individual return level control or pan control of the return signals in one block.

I would like to see the Stereo FX Loop with individual return levels or a pan control of the return signals so only 1 block is necessary instead of 2 blocks to achieve the same function (single FX Loop L and FX Loop R with mixer after or Stereo FX Loop with Pan block after is what is necessary now). This would free up one additional block and in the HX-Stomp/XL, this is a big deal. If it is a pan control, it needs to control the return levels so any noise generated by the external effects would not be added into the channel that is selected (L or R).

I currently use amp-in-a-box pedals for my amp sims and this allows me to have more amp models available than the standard patch of the HX-Stomp/XL and switch between them. The input levels do not need to be controlled, only the output levels. This ensures any noise from one loop does not make it into the other.

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/91413

It'd be nice if there was a simple stereo option on Native that let you pan two tracks of guitars under a single instance of Native. Lots of amp sims have that feature and it allows for easier recording and tracking without having to pull up two instances of the same amp. You can simply pan each guitar track to a side, run them through the same sim and get stereo sound.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't submitted this yet, but this morning I wanted to share a Stomp preset with our bass player but I didn't have my computer--only my phone. It would be nice if we could connect two Stomps via USB and send presets back and forth without the need for a laptop computer at the gig.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:35 PM, joshguitars said:

I haven't submitted this yet, but this morning I wanted to share a Stomp preset with our bass player but I didn't have my computer--only my phone. It would be nice if we could connect two Stomps via USB and send presets back and forth without the need for a laptop computer at the gig.

No one will open a proposal on Ideascale for anyone else. You have to do it yourself and then you have the opportunity to explain and promote the idea here! So that it gets votes.

That's the idea of using ideascale. To develop products further or to find improvements for new products. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Friends, tell me how best to connect external overdrive pedals with a preamp to the LINE6 HX. I understand that it is best to loop. And if I have a tube preamp, how can I model the chain correctly? After the preamp, put AMP and then IR? Maybe there is just a final amplifier in the processor? Thanks for answers.

• 4 weeks later...

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Midi gestures/behaviours for footswitches

For command centre, please implement gestures/actions. Please refer to current implementations by eg Morningstart MC8 which are exemplary at getting the best out of the floor board

This would truly add huge value for anyone looking to streamline or simply more muscle memory based gestures instead of tap dancing over the helix during gigs

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Refining snapshots
ATM a snapshot affects every parameter assigned to ANY snapshot

It would be very helpful to be able to set parameters that are assigned to snapshots to have further scoping ie to either 'snapshot(All)' or a particular snapshot eg Snapshot(3)

This would greatly simplify and allow much tighter organisation and management

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Multi State Buttons

eg I dedicate Delay to FS3 for everything unit I use...but I have setup up command centre to have a press = Snapshot3 and hold = Snapshot4 so it focuses variations on a single FS. A quick press simulates the most accessed 'settings' and the hold simulates the idea of 'more' so this snapshot has more feedback/mix etc

Ultimately I would like my 'Delay' FS to be able to command a bit more flexibly

1 quick press = default (SS1)

1 hold, cycle to next deeper level

1 hold again, cycle to deepest level

Double click to bypass

This would hugely benefit when doing impro as you are looking to explore and not do karaoke based playing...

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Looper Null Block

Would be so helpful to have a looper null block, where it doesnt use the internal looper but allows phantom operation. What I mean is you would assign eg 'External Looper' instead of 6 switch. Then assign the bypass as normal but instead of going to as FS page with the internal looper parameters, it would be the full 8 switches with user definable functions, identical to command centre

FEATURE SUGGESTION - Add foot switch capability to EXPR 2 & 3

One of the cool things about eg Guitar Rig Controller (and a lot of others) is the flexibility of input for foot switches. Being able to add eg silent switches etc would be a very simple but helpful addition...for those that know :-)
Currently I can only see TRS exp pedal and commensurate controller assignments

On 7/8/2023 at 12:01 AM, STRHelvete said:

It'd be nice if there was a simple stereo option on Native that let you pan two tracks of guitars under a single instance of Native. Lots of amp sims have that feature and it allows for easier recording and tracking without having to pull up two instances of the same amp. You can simply pan each guitar track to a side, run them through the same sim and get stereo sound.

It does that already

On 6/24/2023 at 7:56 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

Would love to but facebook login is broken

fileMy email is linked so I cant log in with that

On 8/31/2023 at 8:36 AM, markwesse said:

Would love to but facebook login is broken

fileMy email is linked so I cant log in with that

Hi,

Simple solution, don’t use FarceBuck to log in. That appears to be an issue from the BookFace end that Meta haven’t got round to yet. Unless the problem is that you don’t already have a registered account on IdeaScale. Those continue with Google, LinkedIn, etc. options are more than likely shortcuts for signing in every time you visit.

Create an account like regular user would do - you can have different email addresses, once you’re registered you can select the one you wish to use as the primary link.

Yeah but when I go to login or create a new account it says my email is already used by an fb login. If Im going to maintain comms with ideascale then Im not keen on making another account...i have scrapped all my others and just have 1 now

I know I can dot but I was hoping I could do it more simply...anyway doesnt matter I guess...Im probs a fringe user and unusual in my use case

Cheers @datacommando

• Like 1