Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

I went to post this and found someone already had.  Adding it here for more visibility:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Stomp-FS3-wasted-in-Scroll-Mode-make-it-always-Tuner-Tap/950706-23508

If you set FS3 to be a 3rd stomp switch, this affects both scroll mode and preset mode.  Having one of your three stomps duplicated in scroll mode makes no sense, and you lose tap/tuner access.  I use external FS4 to switch modes, so I can access stomps, presets, and snapshots without leaning over.  The one thing I can't get to is tap/tuner.

Polyphonic pitch shifting please. The Helix is great (and better!) for single note melodies but all the pitch models “glitch” if you play the root plus a third. Roots plus a forth, fifth or octave are fine but advanced chords? Ewww...

The feature I would like to see is «converting» of Amp+Cab/Amp/Preamp blocks

I use the Helix with two DT50 but also direct out or with headphones for practice at home at night. I dial my tones mostly connected to the DT50, where I use preamp-blocks. When I'm satisfied with a preset, I make a copy for direct out/headphones. There I have to replace the preamp-block with an Amp or an Amp+Cab block. Switching the block resets all settings to default. That means, I have to manually write down the settings, change block and apply them again.

I like so see the possibility to either

a) change the block type between Amp/Preamp with all settings kept, or

b) copy only the amp-settings and apply them to preamp-block and vice versa

• Upvote 3

Can't seem to log in to ideal scale today.

here is an idea

When switching to different Cabs to audition them it always resets to the default setting for the cab I think.   It would be awesome if there was an option to retain the chosen Mic/ distance and whatever paramters you chose and simply audition new cabs with your favorite mic and settings.  

I seem to recall having to change it everytime and adjust which slows workflow. 

maybe the option already exsist and i don't know it yet. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Just added this to the Ideascale....

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Master-Setting-for-effects-allowing-you-to-edit-multiple-presets/960070-23508

Long story short.... I think it would be a cool feature to be able to group effects so that if you edit one you edit all across the presets.... so if you dial in a reverb to suit the room in preset 1A and you have preset 1A grouped with 5C, 18D and 23A , it will adjust all the reverbs in those presets automatically. 

Not being able to do something like this is why I still keep my analog drive pedals around since I find I have to tweak those the most from venue to venue when I gig. 

• Upvote 1

I was wondering if they might add a 'notes' section to each patch - something that would open in HX edit.  Maybe add a 2nd line or sub line under the title?  I like to build setlist for different songs and modify other patches - it would be nice to be able to track which original patch I used/modified when I rename it for particular songs...

• Thanks 1

I think one function that I used when I was a boss gt fan , you could limit your amount of patches  so if it was set at say 1-20 once you got to 20 it would start back at patch 1. Very handy if you need to switch quickly live. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, jrosenberger said:

I went to post this and found someone already had.  Adding it here for more visibility:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Stomp-FS3-wasted-in-Scroll-Mode-make-it-always-Tuner-Tap/950706-23508

If you set FS3 to be a 3rd stomp switch, this affects both scroll mode and preset mode.  Having one of your three stomps duplicated in scroll mode makes no sense, and you lose tap/tuner access.  I use external FS4 to switch modes, so I can access stomps, presets, and snapshots without leaning over.  The one thing I can't get to is tap/tuner.

I was thinking the same thing.  For a while I assigned fs4 for the tap/tuner and fs5 for  fs mode>

I now use fs 4 for preset up

and fs5 for fs mode.

i gave up having 3 blocks on 3 Footswitches and decided if I made all the block decisions ahead of time I could just use snapshots.

of course, using a Morningstar mc6 you could have everything... snapshots, footswitchable blocks, tap/tempo, etc.

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

Add a determined unmuted output for the tuner please. As a singer an guitarist using the helix I'm not able to talk to the crowd while tuning the guitar. Either the crowds hears the sound of both mic and guitar or nothing. I have to put a tuner in front of the guitar in.

Some more things I thought of to maximize the 6 block/3 snapper limit on the Stomp:

1) As stated earlier a single reverb/delay block would be great. Heck amps that have reverb... put the reverb into the block... like the real thing.

2) A clean boost on all amps built into each amp block. Not clean output boost... but say... the Ep booster or something that genuinely functions the way a boost does in front of an amp. It’s almost a staple on every pedalboard... so why not include it into the parameters of the amp?

3) amp in a box type pedal simulations.... catalinbread dls or Wampler Black 57 for example. 

I’m always wanting to Marshallize a Fender and Fenderize a Marshall. On my pedalboard, I would have a real fender voiced amp... but a Catalinbread DLS on the board when I wanted that Marshall 800 sound. The sounds were great and I didn’t have to carry a second amp.

I get that on the full helix the “change the amp” logic to solve gain issues work. On the stomp, you either run out of blocks or dsp or both when adding even just a single amp (no cab) block.

4) Mic position option. It’s one of the best eqs in the studio... just move the mic. The tilt eq thing works fine... but it takes a block.  

5) a second mic option on the same cab.  

Running an amp and a dual cab takes two blocks. Maybe two mics on one cab could be done in one block. The 121/57 combo option has a long history. It’s almost the gold standard of micing guitar cabinets in the studio. A ribbon does the lows, but it still lacks the bite. And vice versa.

Sean Meredith-Jones 
www.seanmeredithjones.com

On 7/22/2019 at 10:25 PM, dbudday said:

was wondering if they might add a 'notes' section to each patch - something that would open in HX edit.  Maybe add a 2nd line or sub line under the title?

And could be read/stored by both HX Edit and Helix

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the Don't Force option would be at the end and not at the beginning for the Variax Volume and Tone knobs. The way it is now I have to turn my Volume/Tone knob option in the Helix all the way down to get to the Don't Force option which means, for example, when I select it for the Volume knob, the Variax is turned all the way down and I have to move my Volume knob to get it back up again. One thing for sure is, the one place I've NEVER wanted the Volume or Tone knobs to be when I select Don't Force is all the way down. A very small thing, easily worked around but it does bug me a bit.

I would like to please recommend the ability to save a preset's inactive effect's setting in the HX Edit software and the Helix hardware. I use the HX Stomp, but if implemented in HX Edit and other hardware, it would be useful for all Helix products.

I have effect's units that save their settings for inactive effects for each block. This is useful with limited effect's blocks. You can for example, easily swap a Reverb that is active in a block with an inactive delay from the same block. The inactive delay could have saved settings that you previously adjusted. 

This makes it easy to swap an effect in the same block without having to adjust settings each time. Especially useful for the limit of 6 blocks on the HX Stomp, but useful regardless of how many blocks.

Currently, if you swap out your active effect in a block with a new effect, the previous effect's setting reverts to default settings. If you make the previous effect active again in the block, you have to adjust all its setting again.

Thanks Line 6! Really enjoying this latest generation of your products!

• Like 1

How about the ability to save blocks? I have gotten quite used to this with the Kemper and it would be nice to have this ability to save blocks to a file to be recalled later. One could put together a personal library of settings etc.

Here's another one, how about the ability to "lock" the cabinet settings in place so you can keep the same mic settings etc, as you audition different cabinets?  I find myself having to change all of the settings when switching cabs so that I can compare apples to apples.

Thanks!

Frank Silano

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to be able to store all presets on a USB stick directly from the Helix, and then being able to restore them on another Helix? This feature becomes even more nice if your Helix fails and you can use someone else's just by restoring from the stick. Preferably using an adapter cable so it will work with current models.

Features like choosing a bank to save from and bank to restore to would also be nice.

I'd like to see a "GLIDE" funcion for the pitch shifting FX, to be set to ms or tempo just like on a synth when set to solo/monophonic so the tone shifts within the set time to its new value. could be useful in combination with momentary switch setting instead of whammy pedal

A whole lot of great ideas here but no links for a lot of them in IdeaScale. The best way to use this topic is to post a description of your idea with a link to it in IdeaScale so people can vote it up.  Line6 may or may not see them over here and they are less likely to get any traction without any votes. Also so as not to dilute the votes it is a good practice to search for your idea before you create a new one in https://line6.ideascale.com.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I suggest the inclusion in the amps list of some great solid state amps like Gibson Lab 5 (used intensively by B.B. King), Yamaha G100 212 or the Polytone MiniBrute 2.

There are a lot of great amps aside from the Roland Jazz Chorus so the inclusion on one or two of them it would be cool.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Great-solid-state-amps/966450-23508

• Upvote 1

I don't know whether it makes sense to start a new Ideascale submission as there's already plenty of similar requests, but the Helix (or well, HX Edit) IMO urgently needs a better way to deal with IRs.

And while I may wish for more IRs slots (as many people seem to do) as well, I think a better IR management would already solve quite some issues. So here's a few suggestions (I may combine them into an Ideascale submission later on but perhaps someone would like to add to this little list and we could combine this into a single submission):

- Patches should not load IRs based on the IR slot but based on the IR itself. That way, one could always re-organize the IR list, which would be a *huge* improvement already. I would usually place all used IRs on the top so I can mass-drag new ones in at the bottom and go through them via pedal edit while playing (which, fwiw, is a most excellent option to check out IRs and a very good reason to wish for more IR slots already).

- HX Edit should be smart enough to find out which IRs are in use so you could throw unused ones out.

- In addition to the previous point, HX Edit should be clever enough to show you all of the patches using a certain IR (select the IR on the left and get a list of all patches using it somewhere on the right). In case they're all bogus patches, you may want to kick them out and hence make place for more IRs as well.

- There should be an option to "tie" IRs to a patch. When you do that and export such a patch, the IRs should be exported as well - and obviously they should be imported along with the patch, too. On import, the IRs used should be placed in the first free IR slots. In case there's not enough IR slots, a warning box should pop up. "Not enough free IR slots - import without IRs, yes/no?". One should of course always be able to "untie" IRs. All this could be done within the "Save" dialog (sort of similar to software samplers allowing you to save just the patch or the patch and the samples in one container).

This entire thing (or any other sufficient method to solve the issue) might actually be the most relevant improvement for me because resorting patches and their IRs when dealing with a bunch of exported files is a nightmare. So far I only did that with very small patch amounts and it has been horrible already. You actually *need* to set up a text document for each and every patch, describing which IRs are in use in which IR block because the patch itself will only give the slot number away. In case a software sampler would deal with samples that bad, not a single person on earth would use it.

. There could be a "favourite" or "tagging" system for IRs. Colors plus stars might be sufficient (green: great for cleans, red: heavy stuff, yellow: acoustic IRs, whatever you make out of it, the more colored stars, the better the IR).

- There should be a search for doubles. Obviously, this should check for file names and checksums (or so). In case they're identical, there should be an option to compare the IRs in question. With such a limited number of IR slots, you don't want to waste any slots for doubles.

- More IR slots. But in case the other issues would be solved, this wouldn't have a high priority for myself. In the end, I may never need more than, say, 20-30 IRs loaded simultaneously at any single moment in time, but with the Helix you need to keep them "just in case".

That should be my most relevant concerns for now.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a floor switch combo that lets you switch the setlist without having to go through that menu with the preset button.  Or even better, give us the option to make the "up/down" bank button scroll through ALL presets, not just the ones in a particular setlist.  If there has to be a pause when skipping to the next setlist group, so be it.  I just would rather not have to be limited to one group of sounds without having to dive into menus while playing.

• 1 month later...