Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

please post new ideas here and i'll try and update this post as a master list.

A Find feature would be nice to search for preset names. 
Also if all bass and guitar presets could be separated into different groups and organized by genre/ tone

Added this to IdeaScale: Eliminate the new "Legacy" category (NOT the legacy effects) and add the legacy effects with a clear way designating they are legacy (append asterisk, different color or font, etc.) alongside the HX effects in their corresponding already existing categories (Distortion, Mod, Delay, etc.).

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Include-Legacy-effects-with-HX-effects-with-a-special-indicator/921132-23508#idea-tab-comments

• Upvote 1

A HOME SCREEN CURTAIN.

In a live situation I would like a option to have "home screen". I have the rack version and doesn't need the screen during the show. The screen as it is today appear like an edit screen in my head.

An option to, let's say, push the Home button twice and the whole screen says "Helix". What I'm doing on the floor controller won't change the screen at all, but IF I need to go into the menu during the show, I just push Home twice and the "Edit screen" will appear. Since the Helix screen is so large and clear, wich s a good thing, people can see right into the guts of my Helix Rack, and I dont quite like that. I don't know how easy it hard to make a thing like this happen, but it would really improve the appearance of the face of the Helix.

seriously though, a user definable scale for the harmoniser would be great,my lollipop boss gt-10 has one and it works too,you can select each notes interval.

change colour of the leds on presets or snapshots.

Second the colour configuration on patch level and the programmable harmonizer!

Looper Stop.

When recording a loop...  A)  hit record it goes right to overdub, cool.  B)  hit stop it goes right to play, cool.

BUT, I often grab measures from a song section to use later for a solo.  It would be awesome to have a dedicated STOP button so after I record a section it would simply stop and be ready for when I need it.

As it is now, I must hit STOP twice which often clashes with what I'm playing next.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/We-need-a-better-looper-a-metronome-and-or-a-rhythm-box/923239-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

We said many times, but i think it must be said once more... A metronome and/or a rhythm box, i think it's important to be able to practice at home or where you want without needing to use a youtube drum backingtrack on PC or Mobile phone... because we have Line6 Helix, the almighty machinnnnnnne hahaha

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Different-Guitar-profiles/923243-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

Maybe you like it, maybe you hate it, but i think that having different guitar profiles will acelerate and cover unexpected situation in a live situation, like have been EQ for Strat, a string get broke and you take a JEM or a tele.... you need different EQ... now!

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Different-Guitar-profiles/923243-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

Maybe you like it, maybe you hate it, but i think that having different guitar profiles will acelerate and cover unexpected situation in a live situation, like have been EQ for Strat, a string get broke and you take a JEM or a tele.... you need different EQ... now!

Voted!

Btw, there are a couple of other entries for this Idea already. Vote 'em up.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HELIX-guitar-input-global-EQ-presets/895552-23508#idea-tab-comments

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Input-EQ-with-User-Presets/916013-23508#idea-tab-comments

New impedance mode, that adapts to the first ENABLED pedal in the chain.

Since "auto" adapts the input impedance to that of the first pedal in the chain, wether said pedal is on or off, it affects the overall tone of your patch, and most people will use blocks that require different impedances.

Because the impedance parameter can also be controlled in real time, there's actually a workaround for that, I mean, you can assign it to a FS, a snapshot, or midi, but it would be much easier (from user's perspective, not programmer's  ) if we could have a new input impedance mode that imitates the behavior of true bypass pedals, for us that don't need the "bad parts" of realistic modeling.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/New-First-enabled-impedance-mode/923547-23508

This is kind of interesting. I got a message from Ideascale on Monday that an Idea I submitted was moved to "Completed" status. This was the idea I submitted for eliminating the Legacy category(NOT the Legacy effects) and instead including Legacy effects in their respective Mono or Stereo categories with an alternate font, color, or other type of designation.

I don't remember ever seeing a "Completed" message on an Idea before. Don't want to get my hopes up, this could be anything from a new clerical thing, to a mis-classification, Line6's way of saying "nice idea, not going to happen", or it could I suppose mean that this will be a change in the next firmware. No clue?  Has anyone ever seen their Idea marked "Completed" before for a feature that has not appeared yet?

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Include-Legacy-effects-with-HX-effects-with-a-special-indicator/921132-23508#idea-tab-comments

Just something that's occurred to me in the last couple of days as I'm kicking around the idea of getting a tube pre-amp and using my Helix for FX. It would be awesome if you could component model power amps in the way you do pres. I'm thinking a la Two Notes Wall of Sound or Bias Amp. 

I have an idea in my head that it would be awesome if you could use the Tube Pre amp as a block in a signal chain with a power tube simulation block after it. So you can record output from your Helix but use the Tube Pre amp...

Don't know. Is it a stoopid idea... who knows.

Stop Switch Separated for Looper

The Helix Looper is a great function but there is a limitation, the STOP switch is the same of PLAY.

If you need to rec a phrase or a sequence of chords to play after this moment you can't stop the recorded loop without press two times the same switch and with ear some seconds of recording.

It's too annoying, I use the Digitech Jamman and the switchs are separated, one for Play/Rec/Overdub and another for Stop! 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Stop-Switch-Separated-for-Looper/924261-23508#idea-tab-comments

• 2 weeks later...

Think it would be awesome to have a functionality that would essentially  allow for channel switching, that doesn’t require using snapshots. On my Axe FX II it allows XY functionality for just about every block, I use it for this purpose. The great thing is that you don’t have to use the same amp. On my AF2 my main live rhythm patch is based off of a Diezel Herbert, the “Y” channel is a Orange Rockerverb so in that instance it’s not a Dirty/Clean set up but it’s an Aggressive/Mid Gain set up. In my worship patches I do use a Mid gain/Clean set up that is one thing I’m missing when I use my Helix.

Hey folks!

Please vote if you'd like to have Zilla, EVH, Diezel 4x12 and 2x12 cab profiles in the upcoming updates :)

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Please-add-new-4x12-2x12-CABs-for-METAAAAAL-players!/924256-23508

Also for much more advanced reverb/delay settings: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Delays-reverbs-advanced-settings/920337-23508

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have any specific ideas that should be implemented, just an idea of how to increase marketability. With the pace of updates already reaching 2.5x it's probably not out of the question to start speculating on what Helix 3.0 will look like. If used correctly this could be used as a platform for a second launch if you will.  A new marketing campaign hyping the next evolution in modeling, Helix 3.0. If enough new features and layout changes were made it could be marketed online and to brick and mortars as a re-launch of the helix. It could bring in a spike in sales and new end users. It would basically be win/win for both company and consumer. Just thinking out loud.  As far as raw feature additions go I think three key areas would get the most mileage for end users. 1. and true pitch shift (I often use both standard tuning and drop tuning and convincingly changing between these with a footswitch would be heaven).  2. some kind of output level meter for clipping purposes (this should have been included from the birth of the device)  and 3. and as long as we are wishing for the moon, an ACTUAL Dumble steelstring singer (plzzzzzzzzzz lol ) 

• Like 1

I am an Mandarin 80 amp user, and a defining characteristic of this amp is the FAC switch, but it's on the 3rd page of settings. A real pain in the lollipop to get to every time I want to make a semi-small but VERY IMPORTANT amp alteration. 

Any chance we could move that up in the list of amp characteristics? At least above the BIAS section?

I say this totally out of love, I have been a consistent Line 6 user since 2001 when I bought my first Flextone II, I still have (not including my Helix) 5 other pieces of L6 gear 3 of which are in active use.

I think the biggest thing that L6 could do to really and undeniably establish the Helix as a platform that can hang with the bigs is to work on the modeling, especially in terms of accuracy and clarity. I have an Axe FX II since late 2011, one of the things about the modeling in that unit for example is that I know when I pull up a Friedman Brown Eye for a project that I am going to get better than 95% of the experience of using the real amp. The tone is going to be there, next and almost as important the feel is going to be there and other things that aren’t as important but still useful is the that the knobs will react very close if not spot on to the real life model (keeping in mind that the real models vary from one to another) and their interactions between each other is going to more or less match. Putting all of the tweaking parameters aside which are nice but not essential the other thing that FAS’ products have is clarity and note separation. You can pull up almost any amp model, get more gain then you should need hit a big chord and hear the individual notes as good as the real thing does it better. And if you haven’t heard the user demos of the new modeling platform in the AF3 it’s very much worth a listen, that last element of depth, dimension and openness has been handled and I would venture to say there is 1 or less percent separating the models and the real thing.

This isn’t as big of a knock on the Helix as it may sound at first, and it’s not a fanboi  trolling L6 to promote Fractal Audio. Again this out of love, I love my Helix and use it live more than my AF2 because it’s just more convenient. I think L6 has always done an excellent job with FX and their units sound good but getting the modeling more accurate, increasing the clarity and depth I’d likely sell my AF2.

• Line6Tony unpinned this topic
  • phil_m pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

an idea for headphones player with Helix.

is it possible to implement a crossfeed function for global output? 

Something that looks like SPL phonitor hardware or Waves NX plug in (without head tracker function).

For all people who are playing with headphones and backing track it can be a really helpful and playing comfort feature.

thanks.

I'm in it for the amps mostly and I'm a Fender guy at heart. I'd like to see a Princeton Reverb (Blackface or Silverface), something from the Rivera era like the Concert or Super Champ, the Blues Jr. and maybe something from Fender that is less "Fendery" like the Sonic 22.

Also, because there is life beyond Fender, the Suhr Badger and a Rivera amp would be nice.

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2018 at 8:37 AM, malduroque said:

I'm in it for the amps mostly and I'm a Fender guy at heart. I'd like to see a Princeton Reverb (Blackface or Silverface), something from the Rivera era like the Concert or Super Champ, the Blues Jr. and maybe something from Fender that is less "Fendery" like the Sonic 22.

Also, because there is life beyond Fender, the Suhr Badger and a Rivera amp would be nice.

80s Superchamp for sure

The new "1 Switch Looper" feature is a wonderful addition to HELIX.  Just one thing would make it even greater - and that is for all users who re using their HELIX in 8-Snapshot-mode. 

Because in this scenario - where more than 4 snapshots have been set up in a patch - one currently wouldn't be able to use this feature. 

So how about a firmware update that lets the 1-switch-looper sit in one of the 8 ( or 4 for that matter ) SNAPSHOT slots ? 

This would allow users who regularly use presets with more than 4 snapshots ( like many of the recent FREMEN patches ) to benefit from this great new looping feature.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Allow-1-Switch-Looper-to-occupy-slot-in-8-SNAPSHOT-mode/932737-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

•  

option: short press on tab will engage the tuner/mute

I don't use the tap button, but i often use the mute/tuner. I like the possiblity to configure the HX effects that a simple tap on the tap/tuner/mute switch will engage the tuner/mute.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/option-short-press-on-tab-will-engage-the-tuner-mute/932789-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-comments

I am currently using 8 snapshot mode.  If I need to go to stomp box mode I switch over with the edit button.   I like the idea of having snapshots and stomps on the same page, but why does it have to be 4 and 4?  Instead of being restricted to all presets being either 4 snap/4 stomp or 8 snapshots, why can't we just assign snaps OR stomps to each footswitch on the same page?   For example Preset 1 would have 3 snapshots and 5 stomps, while preset 2 would have 6 snapshots and 2 stomps.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Snap-Stomp/932793-23508#idea-tab-comments

I accidently uploaded it more than once.   oops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JerryWawak said:

I am currently using 8 snapshot mode.  If I need to go to stomp box mode I switch over with the edit button.   I like the idea of having snapshots and stomps on the same page, but why does it have to be 4 and 4?  Instead of being restricted to all presets being either 4 snap/4 stomp or 8 snapshots, why can't we just assign snaps OR stomps to each footswitch on the same page?   For example Preset 1 would have 3 snapshots and 5 stomps, while preset 2 would have 6 snapshots and 2 stomps.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Snap-Stomp/932793-23508#idea-tab-comments

I accidently uploaded it more than once.   oops.

Actually having a choice of snapshot modes:  4/6/ **7**  and 8   would solve the issue raised in my IdeaScale above concerning the new "1 Switch Looper" feature. 

I could just select 6 or 7 and then have one or two stomps free - one for the looper pedal. 

• Like 1

I don't know where else to post; doesn't seem worthy of it's own thread.

Is it just me or is ideaScale slow as hell? The main page takes around 10 seconds to load, and searches or even the link to advanced search is taking literally forever (https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/search) – living in Germany, and my router / internet connection is not the issue. Every other page/service works as expected.

Edit: After several minutes it results in "Error 503, service unavailable"