Jump to content
TheRealZap

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

Recommended Posts

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/View-double-rows-of-presets-in-Stomp-Snap-mode/1030463-23508?submitted=1

 

 

Helix Floor

 

I personally like to use the Stomp/Snap mode for the foot-switch buttons but regardless of which mode is selected when I press the bank up/down buttons I always want to see both rows displaying presets.  Or at least have the option.  I feel this would make banking up/down operations much more convenient as well as faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting this again because it's still the only thing I miss on the HELIX, and I miss it a lot. 

 

I would LOVE to see you replicate the Stutter effect that Eventide has available in the H9. It's a preset within their UltraTap algorithm. Super inspiring and the only effect I miss since switching to the HELIX. They're since released a dedicated pedal to this effect called the UltraTap.  

 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/pedals/ultratap/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am too lazy to watch the whole thing, what time in the video does it happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do Line 6 read this? I tried to post my ideas on the Line 6  ideascale, but says moderator didn't validate my receipt, but it was. 

So my ideas: 

- Aguilar Agro, preferably the rackmount unit, with and extra blend/mix function. I think it would make a lot of bass players really happy :) 

- EVH 5150 III EL34 version
- Rivera KR100 or KR7 for all us Slipknot fans :)
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChaserHUN said:

Do Line 6 read this?


Hi,

 

For the answer to your question, click on the black banner entitled "Why is Line 6 not responding???" - second from the top of the this page .

 

Ideascale is the only place  that your suggestions may be noticed. This is the place to let others know about it in the hope that they may vote for your idea.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, datacommando said:


Hi,

 

For the answer to your question, click on the black banner entitled "Why is Line 6 not responding???" - second from the top of the this page .

 

Ideascale is the only place  that your suggestions may be noticed. This is the place to let others know about it in the hope that they may vote for your idea.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

How long does it take for a moderator to approve my acocunt? I'v been trying it for 2 days now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChaserHUN said:

How long does it take for a moderator to approve my acocunt? I'v been trying it for 2 days now.

 

Sorry, I have no idea about that, in fact I'm not even sure who runs the "Ideascale" site, IIRC it's a third party thing supplying the service for businesses.


Although, I do know that it's the only place that Line 6 check for suggestions.

 

EDIT:

I just checked and it seems that "Line6Tony" and "Digital Igloo" are listed as mods for Ideascale - you could try a PM to one of those guys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, perhaps the fact that your two days was a weekend is relevant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone has suggested this one yet, but one unique amp I would like to see added is the LabSeries L5. Used on the first 4 King's X albums and is also used by B.B. King. I have a real one and it's amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I posted this one a few weeks ago. It's got a whopping 7 votes today, but I frankly think it'd be really helpful, especially to those of us who gig. I also think it'd be a relatively easy dev effort, whether they decided to add it to HX Edit or write a stand-alone app.

 

It's a "setlist documenter" for when you'd like to print out a "cheat sheet" showing what's in your setlist... for each preset it would export data showing what FX are available, whether there's a wah, what the footswitch assignments are, etc. It's basically just a matter of someone exporting JSON preset data into a CSV format that can be manipulated and printed from Excel or Google Sheets. I'm fairly new to Helix and have done this manually, but I know there's an easier way.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line 6 should get rid of the horizontal sliders in HX Edit and HX Native. It's just a completely stupid design idea serving absolutely no purpose others than wasting massive amounts of screen estate and forcing you into awkward wrist movements. There's a reason why you don't find these in 99% of other professional audio software titles - it simply makes no sense.

Feel free to upvote.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Get-rid-of-horizontal-sliders-in-HX-Edit/1034380-23508?submitted=1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Line 6 should get rid of the horizontal sliders in HX Edit and HX Native.

It's not my favorite thing about the Helix, but it's hardly the first thing I would change/improve. I do find them to be unnecessarily long, and I find the knobs themselves to have such a fine ratio as to be frustrating to use. But again, I can think of 19 other things I would change before this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2021 at 12:55 AM, zappazapper said:

But again, I can think of 19 other things I would change before this. 

 

Same here.
But then, imagine an additional feature, such as being able to select multiple blocks to simultaneously show up with their parameters - makes an enormous lot of sense in case you're editing, say, an amp and a drive block as those are highly interactive. Now, even if that was possible, it would make no sense because there'd be no space.

Anyhow, replacing the faders with knobs should be absolutely trivial from a programmer's POV. Heck, why not have a switch allowing for both options?

 

And well, this is indeed not my #1 request by a wide margin - but I'd take any bet that not a single of, say, my top 3 requests will ever materialize (one of them being your top request, too, fwiw).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a second page of stomps. if i have 15 effects in a preset, why am i limited to 10 foot switches? give us the option to add a second page with the additional foot switches for on the fly control over every part of a preset.

 

im using my helix 4cm with an amp and would love to not be limited to just 10 stomps 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bgrizzmayne said:

why am i limited to 10 foot switches?

 

Because there's 10 physical footswitches.

 

Have you considered the possibility that if your preset needs 15 footswitches, it's possible that your need to rethink your approach to building presets? 

 

At any rate, you can always add an external MIDI controller. I don't think you'll find the appetite within the user community, much less in the development team, for multiple pages of footswitches. Adding a MIDI controller is a much more realistic possibility than multiple pages of footswitches ever happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bgrizzmayne said:

I want a second page of stomps. if i have 15 effects in a preset, why am i limited to 10 foot switches? give us the option to add a second page with the additional foot switches for on the fly control over every part of a preset.

 

Yes please!

 

3 hours ago, zappazapper said:

Have you considered the possibility that if your preset needs 15 footswitches, it's possible that your need to rethink your approach to building presets? 

 

I know this was not adressed at me, but no. I'm only using one patch per gig (for good reasons), so having more footswitches would be great, especially in case you're also using snapshots arranged in control center mode.

Further, the capacitive switches offer the quickest way to access parameters (way quicker than fooling around with the cheesy joystick, which I tend to avoid at all costs because that thing is the definition of planned obsolescence), so I would even assign blocks to footswitches if I was never actually switching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And while we're at it: Floor users are offered the "luxury" of 10 stomps (instead of just 8 on the LT - something I don't understand anyway), so why can't we get a 10 snapshot mode, too? Or a 5 stomp, 5 snapshot mode? That would make my live life a lot easier already. Doing it via control center results in sacrificing "plain" stomp mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, zappazapper said:

 

Because there's 10 physical footswitches.

 

Have you considered the possibility that if your preset needs 15 footswitches, it's possible that your need to rethink your approach to building presets? 

 

At any rate, you can always add an external MIDI controller. I don't think you'll find the appetite within the user community, much less in the development team, for multiple pages of footswitches. Adding a MIDI controller is a much more realistic possibility than multiple pages of footswitches ever happening. 

 

a second stompbox page isn’t crazy. the unit has dedicated bank buttons. as an option, let us use those bank buttons for stomps if we have more than what’s displayed on one page. this is the beauty of channel strips!

 

i also use my helix to control external devices, but am limited because there’s not enough space with a 10 buttons. My RJM PBC6x let’s me create as many pages as i want for instance. 

 

i play in an improvisational instrumental band 4CM into a PT-15 IR. i want to use the Helix like a pedalboard. if it’s capable of 20+ effects, let me access them all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, bgrizzmayne said:

 

a second stompbox page isn’t crazy. the unit has dedicated bank buttons. as an option, let us use those bank buttons for stomps if we have more than what’s displayed on one page. this is the beauty of channel strips!

 

i also use my helix to control external devices, but am limited because there’s not enough space with a 10 buttons. My RJM PBC6x let’s me create as many pages as i want for instance. 

 

i play in an improvisational instrumental band 4CM into a PT-15 IR. i want to use the Helix like a pedalboard. if it’s capable of 20+ effects, let me access them all! 

 

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea. What I'm saying is that once you've been around this forum long enough, you start to see that development resources aren't unlimited and most of these types of ideas never even get considered, much less implemented. In the whole scheme of things, using an external MIDI controller is a much more realistic solution than expecting L6 to address your issue in a firmware update in any kind of timely manner. You might wait a long time for that to happen, if ever, but you can buy an external MIDI controller TODAY and your problem will be solved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...