Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turn off Wah

gshamusphoto

Anyone know if you can turn the wah option for the expression pedal? I would like to turn the toggle button off in most of my patches. I have been using it for volume and have accidentally pushed down to hard and had the wah engage in a patch. Get some good looks from band mates when that happens. Only what to use it as a volume pedal in most tone patches. 

Try recalibrating the Expression pedal Toe Switch,

Factory Reset & Pedal Calibration

Performing a Factory Reset restores the Firehawk FX to the original factory settings and Presets. Be sure to use the Firehawk Remote app to back up your customized Presets before performing a Factory Reset! After performing a Factory Reset, it is recommended that you next perform the Pedal Calibration for proper Pedal operation.
•
Factory Reset: Simultaneously press and hold the Master Volume Knob and the TAP footswitch as you power on the unit.
•
Pedal Calibration: Power Off your Firehawk FX device, then press and hold footswitch A while powering On the unit. Follow the steps in the LCD screen to calibrate the on-board Expression Pedal.

or insert a small piece of wood under the expression pedal to restrict its travel so it never hits the toe switch .

Use a stack of Post -it notes and peel off sheets until the "shim" is just right

20060226-postitnote-pad.jpg

• Upvote 2

I don't think you can disable the switch but I'm prepared to de corrected if anyone knows different.

There isn't a mechanical adjustment to solve this, it's all about the two rubber bump stops under the pedal. A Stevekc says it will need a shim between the bumpers and the Firehawk surface. I would look around the house and find something about 1mm thick to start with, then glue to the surface when you get it to your liking.

My problem was the other way round, in that the switch was way too hard to activate.

• Upvote 1

You could try tightening the pedal a little or even loosening a little so you can feel when the pedal is fully toe down and you'll know not to push any harder and avoid activating the switch, I think that's what the included Allen key/wrench is for

These are all good ideas but I must ask why you can't just turn the wah off in the app. Seems simple to me, just have a on off toggle in the app. Same with volume. If both are on the switch on the pedal is active. If one is turned off the switch goes inactive. 

My biggest issues with the Firehawk are things that can go wrong in gigging situations. Like the wah engaging accidentally or hitting the lower row of buttons by accident and changing the patch. Line 6 needs to pay more attention to what could happen using the unit on stage. 

These are all good ideas but I must ask why you can't just turn the wah off in the app. Seems simple to me, just have a on off toggle in the app.

Firehawk FX Firmware 1.10  Expression Pedal Options:

1435262143_968489628_FireHawk_EXPRESSION

Steve I have looked at the manuel so I am not sure what is meant by your post. I understand you can assign parameters to the expression pedal. The app will not allow you to assign just the volume pedal and no wah to a patch or vise versa. Like your post states the default is wah/volume and it toggles with the switch under the expression pedal. The problem I have is I have accidentally engaged the wah pedal when using the volume pedal a few times … I am just wondering why you can't tell the unit to only assign the volume or wah in your patch so the pedal is just volume or wah and it will not toggle with the switch. 

Hello everyone. I would have to 2 questions on witch I can't find info.

1 - How set the expression pedal as a tone shifter, for example as a digitech whammy 5. We have volume and wah blocks in the remote app. They works as they should. And we have modulation block, where we have "bender" effect and some others. When I set "bender", the sound changes, but I can use the remote app only for settings. The expression pedal continues to work as wah\volume. I thought there is no such feature. But I've seen this https://youtu.be/R0c8MeU8weo?t=2m18s. Is it possible only with Variax or with all other guitars too?

2 - I have distortion preset. And  I need to use expression as wah in one moment. The problem is that when I switch on wah with the remote, it's immediately affects the sound, no matter what position the pedal has, 0% or 100%. It's very inconvenient and annoying to have 2 same presets (distortion and same distortion with wah). Is there any solution of this issue like some sort of "true bypass" mode or bind it on footswitch somehow?

1) when you select "bender" hold your finger down on the parameter you wish to control with the pedal and set it to pedal

2) set the wah as you like it and turn it off before saving, now when you select that patch the wah will be off, just press the toe down on the volume pedal and it will switch the wah on, there are led's next to the pedal so you can see whether it's in wah or volume mode

All of that is in the manual, might be worth a read

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I figured out wih the 1st question. But still have unsolved the 2nd one.

In the way to be understood correctly, the expression pedal I mean is the pedal of Firehawk, not addtion one.

I read the manual and several times your post. I tried tweak mod "assing to the pedal", without it. It still wants works from the very start and affect the sound or it is switched off completrly.

As I understood:

1 - I set the position of the pedal to the max heel (100%)

2 - Turn off the wah block in the remote app

3 - Save it (for exampleon "B" footswithc)

4 - Next time when I go from A preset to the B, the wah should be still off

5 - Only when I push the pedal to the toe, the wah should switch on

Is that Correct?

• 1 year later...