Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers and Firmware for G70 and Transmitter

IanSimmons

Hi, I have a new G70 and transmitter. I see that there are firmware updates available and even advised, but I can see no way of doing this. The units aren't recognised by Windows, it doesn't see any drivers; and the method I normally use for updating Line 6 gear (Pod HD, for example), the Line 6 Monkey, doesn't seem to know about this either. 

So:

1. Are there drivers for the transmitter (TB516G)  / receiver (G70)?

2. If so, how do update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Ian

Step-by-step update instructions

For downloading the Line 6 Updater application, updating the Relay TB516 G Transmitter to firmware v1.03, and updating the Relay G70 Receiver to firmware v1.03

This update can be performed with either a PC (on Windows 7 or Windows 8) or with a Mac (on OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks, or Yosemite). A micro-USB cable (included with G70) is necessary to connect the device to be updated to the computer. Please note that a Line 6 account and password will also be required, in order to download the Updater app and to sign into the Updater app when launched. If you do not already have an account, you can create one at https://line6.com/login.html.

Part 1 – Installing the Line 6 Updater app:

1. Visit line6.com and sign in using the appropriate account.

2. Go to the downloads page and download the Line 6 Updater app (currently v1.03), for Mac or Windows:

3. Once the Line 6 Updater app is downloaded, double-click the file to install the app on the computer. You will be guided through the installation process.

4. Once the app is successfully installed, proceed to Part 2 – Updating a Relay TB516 G Transmitter.

Part 2 – Updating a Relay TB516 G Transmitter:

1. Launch the Line 6 Updater app.

2. Once the app is launched, enter your appropriate Line 6 username and password, and then click the “Sign In†button.

3. Connect the micro-USB cable to the computer, and connect the other end to the TB516 G transmitter that is to be updated. It is recommended that there are no batteries in the transmitter for the update process. The first time this step is performed may take up to two minutes, depending on the speed of a user’s internet connection, as the machine will attempt to install a driver. Subsequent attempts of this step should occur instantaneously if the same USB port is used on the machine. The Relay TB516 G transmitter should now appear, as below:

4. Click on the Relay TB516 G Transmitter to select it

5. Click on the “Update†button towards the right, at the very top of the list, which corresponds to Version 1.03.

6. Click the “Continue†button at the upper right

7. Click the “Accept†button at the upper right.

8. Click the “Next†button at the lower right of the above screen

9. Please confirm that “Firmware Version 1.03†is now displayed in this window. You may now disconnect the Relay TB516 G Transmitter. Click the “Continue†button and you will be able to connect another device to update, as necessary.

* Note:

if the update process should fail for any reason during step 8, please try the following:

Disconnect the Relay TB516 G from the micro-USB cable. Insert a pair of AA batteries.
Power on the transmitter.
After 5 seconds, power off the transmitter.

Remove the batteries and connect the transmitter to the micro-USB cable as in Step 3 of the update instructions, and continue with the update procedure.

Part 3 – Updating a Relay G70 Receiver:

1. Launch the Line 6 Updater app (if the app is already open, proceed to the next step).

1. Once the app is launched, enter the appropriate Line 6 username and password, click the “Sign In†button. You will be brought to the following screen:

2. Connect one end of the micro-USB cable to a USB 2.0 port on the computer (hubs are not supported).

3. With the power switch of the G70 receiver in the “0†(off) position, connect the unit to the other end of the micro-USB cable.

4. Put the power switch of the G70 receiver in the “1†(on) position. The receiver’s audio LED should appear solid red and the “LINE 6†splash screen should appear on the unit’s display:

* on some USB ports with some computers, it has been observed that the receiver may not remain on the “LINE 6†screen. Should this happen, please put the power switch back to “0†and then back to “I†again – and repeat this if necessary until the device remains on the “LINE 6†screen, as above.

6. The Relay G70 Receiver icon should now appear within the app

7. Click on the Relay G70 Receiver to select it

8. Click on the “Update†button towards the right, at the very top of the list, which corresponds to Version 1.02.

9. Click the “Continue†button at the upper right

10. Click the “Accept†button at the upper right.

11. Click the “Next†button at the lower right

12. Please confirm that “Firmware Version 1.03†is now displayed in this window. You may now disconnect the receiver. Click the “Continue†button and you will be able to connect another device to update, as necessary.

* Note: if the update process should fail for any reason during step 12, please try the following:

1. Put the Relay G70 Receiver’s power switch into the “0†(off) position.

2. Return to Step 5 and continue with the update procedure.

If the updating process should fail for any reason, please follow these instructions:

For the Relay TB516 G Transmitter:

1. Please disconnect the transmitter from your computer’s USB and close the Line 6 Updater app.

2. Insert a pair of batteries into the transmitter.

3. Power the transmitter on and leave it on for at least 5 seconds.

4. Power the transmitter off.

5. Remove the batteries from the transmitter.

6. Reconnect the transmitter to your computer’s USB.

7. Launch the Line 6 Updater app again, sign in with your Line 6 username and password, and

follow the instructions that appear to update your Relay TB516 G Transmitter.

For the Relay G70 Receiver:

1. Please disconnect the G70 receiver from your computer’s USB and close the Line 6 Updater app.

2. Reconnect the receiver to your computer’s USB and make sure its power switch is in the “I†(on)

position.

3. The receiver should display “LINE 6†and this should remain on the display. If it does not, please

disconnect the G70 receiver and then reconnect it to your computer’s USB, so that you see it continues to display “LINE 6â€. In some cases, it is possible that this may take more than one attempt. Once the “LINE 6†screen remains displayed on your G70, please launch the Line 6 Updater app again, sign in with your Line 6 username and password, and follow the instructions that appear to update your Relay G70 Receiver.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too. The Receiver updated perfectly but the Line 6 Updater doesn't see the Transmitter when I plug it in with the mini USB, even after following all of the re-set steps described above. Any suggestions ArneLine6?

It is weird, because I connected the transmitter and then I opened the updater software for about 5 minutes. Nothing occurred, but, passed 5 minutes, I checked  the version of the transmitter (through the receiver), and now appears the 1.03 version. I really don't know how! 

I recommend to check the versión in the menu of the receiver ("info"). Of course, the transmitter and receiver are turned on and in the same channel. 

Bye!

• 3 weeks later...

It is weird, because I connected the transmitter and then I opened the updater software for about 5 minutes. Nothing occurred, but, passed 5 minutes, I checked  the version of the transmitter (through the receiver), and now appears the 1.03 version. I really don't know how! 

I recommend to check the versión in the menu of the receiver ("info"). Of course, the transmitter and receiver are turned on and in the same channel. 

Bye!

Just checked and both my receiver & transmitter are showing version 1.03 too. One thing I noticed is that the update page describes this as only being associated with the "Receiver". I don't believe you need to do anything with the transmitter. In the absence of any response from Line 6, this is my best guess.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The USB connection can sometimes not be recognized by the computer. If you connect the transmitter with the USB cable to your computer and the transmitter does not show up in the updater- disconnect the USB cable from the computer and use a different port on the computer. This can happen sometimes if the computer does not recognize the transmitter before it boots into normal operation mode.

• 1 year later...

Good evening. Having recently purchased a Relay 70, I decided to update the firmware to ensure optimal synchronisation whilst performing live.

Downloading the Line 6 updater and instillation was successful. I connected the R70, and the updater recognised it immediately, displaying the Relay 70 image and the current firmware version (1.03)

On the device itself, the line 6 splash screen is on display and the solid red button is lit. 

The update failed. Three times. So I downloaded the .wuf file and attempted a manual instillation which has as of writing perpetually failed. 

Request alternative approaches or assistance,

Trunk. 

• Upvote 1

Good evening. Having recently purchased a Relay 70, I decided to update the firmware to ensure optimal synchronisation whilst performing live.

Downloading the Line 6 updater and instillation was successful. I connected the R70, and the updater recognised it immediately, displaying the Relay 70 image and the current firmware version (1.03)

On the device itself, the line 6 splash screen is on display and the solid red button is lit. 

The update failed. Three times. So I downloaded the .wuf file and attempted a manual instillation which has as of writing perpetually failed. 

Request alternative approaches or assistance,

Trunk. 

Open a support ticket with Line 6 so they can get you through the issue.