Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Downloading?

TVisentine

I just got my DT50 and read that there needs to be a firmware download for use with the POD HD500X.  My question is:  Can you download the firmware update by running a midi cable from the DT50 into the POD and the POD into computer via USB?  If not what would I need to do to make sure my amp is up to date?

The update is very minor in respect to using the DT with a pod. You could easily not have it and not notice. The firmware update is amazing awesome and quite noticeable if using the amp by itself. The options available are great.

Wish it was so easy on the Vetta II HD I just picked up. I'm stuck with the 2.10 firmware version by the looks of it unless I resurrect an old laptop I have with XP, an older version of monkey, try an find my midi-sport Uno and then beg Line 6 Support for the 2.50 update file.

And then,, only then cross my fingers and pray to my flying spaghetti monster that it doesn't get bricked somehow....

Sounds like a hassle doesn't it?