Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider III 150 and FBV MkI not jiving after a reset

rojo412

I just got a Spider III 150 amp and it came with the FBV Express and they worked together when I got it.

The presets from the last owner were not my thing, so I did the factory reset (hold A and turn it on). But now, the floorboard won't work.

It gets power and the LED next to VOL lights up, but it doesn't change channels, wah, tuner, or anything.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in with the A button pressed on the pedal itself and it ran the TEST mode, everything seems to be okay there. But it still doesn't work to change amp settings.

Of course, being an older model, I can't find anything helpful on the topic, so I joined here to figure this out.

Any help is MUCH appreciated in advance.

Have you tried calibrating the FBV?  Sorry you're having problems - it would have been better just to rewrite your presets over the existing ones, rather than do the factory reset which is really used when there's a problem with the amp.

MK1. The site no longer offers the manual for it. And everything with the MK2 seems different.

Someone told me to power up the pedal with the D button depressed to calibrate it, but that didn't do anything.

I have to get my friend to try the floorboard out on his Spider III to see if it works there. That's what Support told me. Once we figure out whether it's the board or the amp, we can go from there.