Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tremolo FX does not work until you tap the FX button

dcastator

I am a long time Line 6 user.  I have 6 Variax guitars and gone through the gambit of POD's.  I just recently purchased a Firehawk FX because I am now traveling weekly in a Praise & Worship band and I just needed something basic.  All the presets seem to work well with the exception of the "Country Tremolo"  When I use that pre-set (of even when I saved it to a user location) I must tap or touch the FX button to get the tremolo to work.  Once I do that it starts working - I then go to another location such as Acoustic Chorus and it works just fine.  When I go back to the user location (or preset) for Country Tremolo I have to again tap or slightly turn the FX button to get the sound to work correctly.  I have re-flashed the unit 2 times via Line 6 updater......needless to say I cannot continue to have to reach down and tap the button with my hand or foot to make the Tremolo work each time.  Not that I use it a great deal, however, I do use it enough that it will be very inconvenient and then very frustrating to have to continue to do so.  I am communicating with Line 6 Tech support but waiting 3 days in between "Try this" or "Did you try this" is getting almost as frustrating as the issue itself.  Has anyone here had the same issue or able to give me suggestions on a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions - I am willing to try anything at this point - even sending it back and keeping my POD HD500X.

Regards,

David 

Just to clarify, do you mean you have to tap, say switch FS1 to turn the tremolo on when you switch to that patch?

In the Firehawk Remote, have you checked that the tremolo FX block is not set to off in the patch 'Country Tremolo'?  If so, it should just be a case of turning the tremolo FX block on and the resaving the patch so that when you switch to it, the tremolo will be switched on by default

I have to tap or turn the knob marked FX (the knob at the top of the unit 2nd knob to the left of the large Master volume control knob.  No I have not looked at the turning the tremolo FX block on via the remote app.  I will take a look there and report back.

Thank you for the suggestion!!

I just checked and YES the FX block was turned on via the remote app.  I turned it on and off a couple of times, but I still have to tap or turn the FX knob to get the unit to give me tremolo......

Try going into your tremolo and disabling the fx knob (if it is assigned to any parameters) by long pressing on the parameter in question, if that gets it working then you have something set incorrectly regarding the tremolo and fx knob, if for example the fx knob is controlling time it may be defaulting to the slowest time everytime you select the effect making it so you can't hear the tremolo, then as soon as you move the fx knob it kicks in, if that is the case then you will need to move the sliders in possibly

If you upload your patch to the cloud I'll download it and try it out on my firehawk if that helps

I will take a look at that and see if that corrects the issue.  This happened from the start....right out of the box prior to my saving the preset to a user location.  It also happens on the preset as well.  Let me give your suggestion a try and get back.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated!!

Actually technical support found the issue.  I saved the pre-set to a a new user location.  The stock tremolo is very light - when I taped the or moved the FX button it would increase the tremolo....what I was not doing was saving the new setting....thus when I returned the sound had reverted back to the "Stock" sound.....I taped the button - arrived at the sound I wanted and "SAVED"  it to the new user location and all is well.

Thank you Line 6 Technical support and THANK YOU to all here that offered suggestions!

Best Regards,

David

• 3 years later...